Conor’s performance was that impressive that people think the fight was fixed

But....Dustin is undeniably a much, much better fighter now. Do i thik Dustin would win? Probably not, but you talking about how fast Conor beat Dustin back then is not relevant to today. Its like bringing up Duffy choking out Conor

Well if you don't think he would win, then telling me how much better he is today is sort of pointless.. Hell Conor likely would have told Dustin the same thing he told Cowboy.. "We fight at 70" And the KO would come just the same. Conor is too fast, accurate, and hits too hard for Dustin..

Just stop, if you are going to seriously try and tell me that cowboy had no other options than standing and getting clowned you are fucking retard that has never watched a cowboy fight. The guy has takedowns, the guy can move. He stood like a deer in a headlights for 40 seconds and got clowned. His only attempt at anything was initiating a clinch, then when he got the shoulder strikes he just sat there and ate them. He ate four of them in a row and then by the last one he was truly stunned. I am/was a huge cowboy fan, stop acting like he gave it his all. this was classic cowboy giving up before the fight even started. Go watch the interviews, go watch him storm away from the media scrum. Cowboy is cowboy, fighting conor doesn't change that.
Taking nothing away from Conor, but Cowboy pretty much quit after the shoulder strikes, I was hoping for a good fight but all the build up didn’t suggest it would be anything other than what it was. I didn’t hear cowboy talk about winning the fight in any of the interviews or anything during fight week, he was more concerned with making sure people knew he respected Conor. The comment, almost apologising for being taller than Conor, at the press conference face off, was embarrassing. All that and then the poor showing in the fight left a bad taste for all is who wanted to see him win, particularly when I stayed up till 5.30am for it!

its the exact same everytime Conor wins, the morons that hate him claim that his opponents took a dive.

Its so they never have to give him credit

He was impressive, but I am more pissed off at retarded old cowboy than I am impressed by McGregor. 0 strikes landed, 1 strike thrown. It's been two days and its safe to say I am done with Cerrone. He has skills that are UFC quality, but his mentality is that of a fighter at a strip mall mma show. Fuck cowboy, i can't root for him anymore.
people said the same thing when Conor killed Aldo and then Alverez. Not saying Conor is the best eva, some guys are a perfect match for him. Shoulda coulda woulda

Well if you don't think he would win, then telling me how much better he is today is sort of pointless.. Hell Conor likely would have told Dustin the same thing he told Cowboy.. "We fight at 70" And the KO would come just the same. Conor is too fast, accurate, and hits too hard for Dustin..
I didn't say for sure Conor would win. I was just bringing up how talking about Conor TKOing Dustin so fast from back than is pointless. It would be a much more competitive fight today, even if i do favor Conor. Talking about how not fighting Dustin because he finished a green Dustin so fast years ago is stupid

Same thing happened with Eddie, the haters just can't process performances like that from someone they despise so badly, so they will create an alternate reality and happily live in it.

It's actually fascinating.

It wasn't fixed , but it wasn't that impressive. Cowboy got finished by a thigh shot, shoulders and toes to the cheek. So impressive people think it's fixed is like Anderson over Forrest or Conor over Eddie. Conor over Cowboy was meh... Expected

You diminish those strikes but his face looked it was put through a meat grinder.

Yes Conor was expected to win, but not like that where literally everything he did destroyed Cerrone. This wasn’t Aldo taking one on the chin, Conor wrecked Donald in 40 seconds with a variety of techniques, on it which was the most effective use ever (shoulder strikes).

I know it’s hard, but give credit where it’s due.

You have absolutely no idea what you are watching other than the most simplistic of levels. But I suppose that's of no surprise, with your Mike Perry av and everything.

And to respond to some of your very eloquently made points...

Yeah, Cowboy has takedowns, that's probably why a takedown was the very first thing that he went for...it's just that he ended up getting a thigh to the head, dazzing him into the clinch.

Cowboy didn't just stand there and let McGregor shoulder him...did you even watch the fight? Conor controlled Cerrones arm by the bicep, pulling and holding him in position while smashing Cowboys nose and eyes in quick succession, it wasn't like Cerrone wasn't trying to get away.

The idea that Cowboy didn't try or care is embarrassing and disrespectful
You implication that my AV has anything to do with my knowledge of the sport tells me that you aren't even attempting to make real points. A grazing thigh to the head did nothing to him, I don't understand what you are trying to argue here. Do you honestly think he tried his best? He even stated leading up to the fight that he was going to stand and bang. His game plan going into this fight was obviously not going to work. During fight week he became increasingly unstable and eventually got angry at the media and left. Then fight night comes around he gets embarrassed. Classic Cowboy, floundering on the big stage.

Have you EVER watched a cowboy fight? I can see that you are a new account but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have watched for years. What about Donald made you think he was motivated and giving 100% effort. Do you really think the one missed knee strike started an unavoidable chain of events? Cowboy didn't even struggle to move in the clinch until he had already taken several of the shoulder strikes. Cowboy is known to do this, but for some reason you think its ridiculous to believe that he would do this. Stop being a moron, look at his history.

Cowboy didn't have an opportunity to get in any more shots.

McGregor dazzed him with his thigh, busted him up with his shoulder, Cerrone threw a headkick which was blocked and then was headkicked himself and promptly finished.

Quite where all these armchair fighters think that Cerrone should or could of got more shots in is anyone's guess, Cowboy was compromised from the start first coming together.

These armchair fighters you’re talking about are the same ones that scoff at the failures of professional athletes, even though they spend most of their time on the couch. The same ones that go, “I coulda caught that,” or “I coulda made that shot!”

herp derp, “If that was me in the cage I would’ve not gotten my nose broken by a move that typically doesn’t injure anyone!!! And I would’ve done so much in 40 seconds!”

Yeah right :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You diminish those strikes but his face looked it was put through a meat grinder.

Yes Conor was expected to win, but not like that where literally everything he did destroyed Cerrone. This wasn’t Aldo taking one on the chin, Conor wrecked Donald in 40 seconds with a variety of techniques, on it which was the most effective use ever (shoulder strikes).

it has similarities in that whenever Conor beats an opponent quickly, it's just luck or someone took a payday. people have been saying this thing for a while, dating back to the Denis Siver fight...... but but but why didnt he go for the takedown?!?!??!?!?!?!

Just stop, if you are going to seriously try and tell me that cowboy had no other options than standing and getting clowned you are fucking retard that has never watched a cowboy fight. The guy has takedowns, the guy can move. He stood like a deer in a headlights for 40 seconds and got clowned. His only attempt at anything was initiating a clinch, then when he got the shoulder strikes he just sat there and ate them. He ate four of them in a row and then by the last one he was truly stunned. I am/was a huge cowboy fan, stop acting like he gave it his all. this was classic cowboy giving up before the fight even started. Go watch the interviews, go watch him storm away from the media scrum. Cowboy is cowboy, fighting conor doesn't change that.

Cowboy threw a head kick that was blocked then Conor fired one back that rocked him and Conor jumped all over him you fewl.

FarflungSmugCuscus-size_restricted.gif

conor-mcgregor-donald-cerrone-ufc-246.jpg
tenor.gif

Teh Goat is back

These armchair fighters you’re talking about are the same ones that scoff at the failures of professional athletes, even though they spend most of their time on the couch. The same ones that go, “I coulda caught that,” or “I coulda made that shot!”

herp derp, “If that was me in the cage I would’ve not gotten my nose broken by a move that typically doesn’t injure anyone!!! And I would’ve done so much in 40 seconds!”

Yeah right :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Classic shertard take, you have no arguments, you just appeal to the "Experts" and shame anyone with an opinion. No one made the claim they would personally do better than Cowboy cut the straw man bullshit out

I didn't say for sure Conor would win. I was just bringing up how talking about Conor TKOing Dustin so fast from back than is pointless. It would be a much more competitive fight today, even if i do favor Conor. Talking about how not fighting Dustin because he finished a green Dustin so fast years ago is stupid

First of all they are the same age 31.. So it is not pointless.. Conor had only a few UFC fights under his belt at the time. Dustin had been in the UFC longer than Conor.. He had 10 UFC fights..

Conor had 3..

And a KO is a KO, and the way they match up Conor is a big favorite..

I give Conor credit all the time. I always say his win over Aldo was one of the best in MMA history and the Eddie fight was flawless. The Cowboy fight? Meh... Not that impressed. Cowboy is a shot fighter and always choked in big fights. If you are going down to thigh shots, shoulder shots and toe shot's, you probably should not be fighting top fighters anymore

Although to be fair i don't think any of the thigh, shoulder or toe shots rucked Cowboy. It was the punch behind the ear that rocked him. The thigh shots, shoulder shots and toes to the cheek just backed him up because he doesn't like pressure (so credit to Conor's strategy) and gave Conor the opening to land an actual big shot

Cowboy threw a head kick that was blocked then Conor fired one back that rocked him and Conor jumped all over him you fewl.

FarflungSmugCuscus-size_restricted.gif

conor-mcgregor-donald-cerrone-ufc-246.jpg
tenor.gif

Teh Goat is back
In my very first post I acknowledge his one missed strike attempt, stop being dumb.

A lot of fans despise him because he talks shit (which was WAY before his alleged crimes came in, stems from then), so they don't acknowledge his skills or just want to see him get smashed. Leads to emotional expectations.

The funny thing is many mistake him for a heel.

Same thing happened with Eddie, the haters just can't process performances like that from someone they despise so badly, so they will create an alternate reality and happily live in it.

It's actually fascinating.

You'll notice it usually comes from the ugly insecure posters as well....

[smull1]

I don't think it was necessarily fixed, but Cowboy has been destroyed in many of his last fights (more importantly, the last two, where he took massive damage). Not only does that mean that McGregor is not the first one to do defeat him, but it also means that Cerrone has taken tremendous damage, so each beating that he takes is worse than the last one.

Still, it is possible that it was fixed - I am not discounting that possibility and I understand why many people claim it was. For the people that say that Cerrone wouldn't take a dive... how do you know? Do you personally know him? You can't say for sure he IS or ISN'T the type to take a dive. None of you know him. He doesn't even know you exist, so stop acting like you are his buddy.

I repeat - I am not saying it was fixed or was not, but regardless of whether it happened, beating Cerrone at this point is nothing special. In fact, that's why I was never looking forward to this fight - it felt like going to the dollar story and purchasing Chinese knockoff sunglasses and being told that they were Raybans. The advertising was just so transparent for any MMA fan to see through the bravado (and by MMA fan, I mean anyone who doesn't tune in just when McGregor fights).
Nothing against Cowboy, but he has publicly stated over and over that he fights for the money. He also famously offered to take it in the ass on national TV for the right price ($25,000,000). I'd imagine he'd agree to keep it standing for somewhat less.

Back