1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Conor’s performance was that impressive that people think the fight was fixed

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Optimus15, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Optimus15

Optimus15 Orange Belt

You haters are great.

2. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Danger Zone

Conor has a 91% finish rate..

3. DanAndroid

DanAndroid Living vicariously through Dillon Danis.

He was impressive, but I am more pissed off at retarded old cowboy than I am impressed by McGregor. 0 strikes landed, 1 strike thrown. It's been two days and its safe to say I am done with Cerrone. He has skills that are UFC quality, but his mentality is that of a fighter at a strip mall mma show. Fuck cowboy, i can't root for him anymore.

4. idrankyourbeer

idrankyourbeer Blue Belt

people have been calling it fixed before the fight even happened

i doubt it was fixed. its more like the fight was tailor made for conor to win

5. xXxGhost89xXx

xXxGhost89xXx Green Belt

Makes you look like a fool.

6. Ube

Ube Paralegal of the Year

People here are so convinced that Conor is just so terrible at fighting that only a fix could explain a win against Cowboy. Lol. LOL.

fucking flat earthers

7. deman

deman Blue Belt

I mean plenty of people, including fighters like Curtis Blaydes, predicted/feared this would happen. It was actually fairly likely.

It's kills people to imagine McGregor is actually very good though

8. TestosterOWN

TestosterOWN ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้้้#O͙ͦͯͦͯ͛

I mean it was Cerrone. Dude is mid tier and known for not showing up. Don't get too excited Mcnuggie fans. He'll never beat Khabib that's guaranteed.

9. dreden1982

dreden1982 Orange Belt

This is ridiculous. You just sound like you lost a bet. Connor is a more talented fighter and has suffered like 100x less damage in his career. Probably 1000x. He's also 6 years younger. Those shoulder strikes fucked him up. Wtf should he have done besides not get caught with that unorthodox shit?

275others and Cracker666 like this.
  10. Pitier of Fools

Pitier of Fools Brown Belt

Maybe if Cerrone had made even an ATTEMPT to fight back at some point, then people might not think he took a dive.

11. lizardpeople

lizardpeople Banned Banned

To be fair everyone was saying it was going to be fixed before the fight

Cerrone came out and made this awkward comment about never being in a fixed fight

people even made vids about it 3 weeks ago

12. MMAWizz

MMAWizz White Belt

I don't think it was necessarily fixed, but Cowboy has been destroyed in many of his last fights (more importantly, the last two, where he took massive damage). Not only does that mean that McGregor is not the first one to do defeat him, but it also means that Cerrone has taken tremendous damage, so each beating that he takes is worse than the last one.

Still, it is possible that it was fixed - I am not discounting that possibility and I understand why many people claim it was. For the people that say that Cerrone wouldn't take a dive... how do you know? Do you personally know him? You can't say for sure he IS or ISN'T the type to take a dive. None of you know him. He doesn't even know you exist, so stop acting like you are his buddy.

I repeat - I am not saying it was fixed or was not, but regardless of whether it happened, beating Cerrone at this point is nothing special. In fact, that's why I was never looking forward to this fight - it felt like going to the dollar story and purchasing Chinese knockoff sunglasses and being told that they were Raybans. The advertising was just so transparent for any MMA fan to see through the bravado (and by MMA fan, I mean anyone who doesn't tune in just when McGregor fights).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Captain Herb likes this.
  13. Congo66

Congo66 Red Belt

No he doesn't.
    20 finishes from 26 fights = 77% not 91%. Sure if you only count his wins then it's 20 of 22 and that's 91% but you're ignoring 4 fights where he definitely didn't get the finish so it's a BS stat.

agibmxmma likes this.
  14. Psychedelic

Psychedelic Silver Belt

Just how good is Conor McGregor ?

15. humdizzle

humdizzle Purple Belt

not a fix

but it was a hand picked fight heavily in conor's favor. there's a reason he didn't pick gaethje, tony, or dustin.

Moro likes this.
  16. markg171

markg171 Silver Belt

Conor badly bruised and swelled his eye with a flying knee, and broke his nose with a shoulder, all in the first 5 seconds, and never let off the pressure on the compromised Cowboy.

You know, like you're supposed to do against him.

275others likes this.
  17. DanAndroid

DanAndroid Living vicariously through Dillon Danis.

Losing a bet? Do you retards associate everything with money? I'm done with cowboy because I have watched him squander ever major opportunity in his entire career. I can't root for someone that I know is not going to go in there and give it their all. Every single time he does this. What about that reasoning is hard for you to understand? Cowboy possess the skill needed to have beaten Conor, but he wanted to play games rather than take it seriously.

agibmxmma and Captain Herb like this.
  18. Johnny_Knuckles

Johnny_Knuckles Purple Belt

Cowboy didn't have an opportunity to get in any more shots.

McGregor dazzed him with his thigh, busted him up with his shoulder, Cerrone threw a headkick which was blocked and then was headkicked himself and promptly finished.

Quite where all these armchair fighters think that Cerrone should or could of got more shots in is anyone's guess, Cowboy was compromised from the start first coming together.

19. dreden1982

dreden1982 Orange Belt

I don't understand why you think he was playing games? Why would he want to get his ass whooped like that? It doesn't sound like you think he threw the fight so what is it? We all know that he's tough and he'll fight anyone at anytime so again what is it? It's not just that he's not upper echelon?

20. 613

613 Gold Belt

It wasn't fixed , but it wasn't that impressive. Cowboy got finished by a thigh shot, shoulders and toes to the cheek. So impressive people think it's fixed is like Anderson over Forrest or Conor over Eddie. Conor over Cowboy was meh... Expected

TAK47 likes this.