Conor’s performance was that impressive that people think the fight was fixed

No he doesn't.
20 finishes from 26 fights = 77% not 91%. Sure if you only count his wins then it's 20 of 22 and that's 91% but you're ignoring 4 fights where he definitely didn't get the finish so it's a BS stat.

91% of his wins.. So when he wins that is how he wins fella.. If the fight was a fix shouldn't Conor be unable to finish anyone?

"Wow he never showed that kind of power before". Uh no.. He did from day one..

Maybe if Cerrone had made even an ATTEMPT to fight back at some point, then people might not think he took a dive.

I thought that when I first watched it, it looked like he went down too easy and I wondered why he wasn't fighting back.

Then I saw the replay and you see the shoulder strike broke his nose, he got stunned with the headkick and then he was basically done with the follow up punches.

No he doesn't.
20 finishes from 26 fights = 77% not 91%. Sure if you only count his wins then it's 20 of 22 and that's 91% but you're ignoring 4 fights where he definitely didn't get the finish so it's a BS stat.

You can't finish a fight unless you win it... so.....

Conor badly bruised and swelled his eye with a flying knee, and broke his nose with a shoulder, all in the first 5 seconds, and never let off the pressure on the compromised Cowboy.

You know, like you're supposed to do against him.
Flying Knee lol. It was the highest part of Conor's thigh from a missed punch. Not something that should have hurt cowboy. But that's cowboy. Always chokes in big fights

not a fix

but it was a hand picked fight heavily in conor's favor. there's a reason he didn't pick gaethje, tony, or dustin.

Dustin lasted only a little bit longer with Conor.. Not much..

That fight at 45 was easy money for Conor..

I thought that when I first watched it, it looked like he went down too easy and I wondered why he wasn't fighting back.

Then I saw the replay and you see the shoulder strike broke his nose, he got stunned with the headkick and then he was basically done with the follow up punches.
Has there actually been confirmation he broke his nose? 99% of the time when you're nose bleeds it's not broke . If those shoulder shots broke his nose he has a glass nose

Cowboy didn't have an opportunity to get in any more shots.

McGregor dazzed him with his thigh, busted him up with his shoulder, Cerrone threw a headkick which was blocked and then was headkicked himself and promptly finished.

Quite where all these armchair fighters think that Cerrone should or could of got more shots in is anyone's guess, Cowboy was compromised from the start first coming together.
Just stop, if you are going to seriously try and tell me that cowboy had no other options than standing and getting clowned you are fucking retard that has never watched a cowboy fight. The guy has takedowns, the guy can move. He stood like a deer in a headlights for 40 seconds and got clowned. His only attempt at anything was initiating a clinch, then when he got the shoulder strikes he just sat there and ate them. He ate four of them in a row and then by the last one he was truly stunned. I am/was a huge cowboy fan, stop acting like he gave it his all. this was classic cowboy giving up before the fight even started. Go watch the interviews, go watch him storm away from the media scrum. Cowboy is cowboy, fighting conor doesn't change that.

Same people probably think Aldo, Poirier and everyone else he has smashed to pieces took dives as well.

I'm just enjoying watching the meltdown at this point.

Maybe if Cerrone had made even an ATTEMPT to fight back at some point, then people might not think he took a dive.

He was basically getting concussed from the start and didn't even know what was hitting him when he was getting hit by the shoulder strikes. It's really hard to fight back when your brain is getting rattled but you don't know where it's coming from. He also did fight back throwing a headkick, which was blocked and countered by Conor with his own headkick. Conor never eased up on the pressure on Cowboy and Cowboy simply couldn't deal with the pressure. Nothing fake about the whole ordeal. Everybody knew Cowboy starts slow and Conor just gave him even less time to get into the fight than any other opponent has given him before him.

Dustin lasted only a little bit longer with Conor.. Not much..

That fight at 45 was easy money for Conor..
Are you actually delusional enough to think Dustin then was the same fighter he is today ?

I mean it was pretty standard for Conor. It's more so that cowboy just folded and didn't try to recover. Or even work off his back. Or... anything at all. He just covered up and took it.

Are you actually delusional enough to think Dustin then was the same fighter he is today ?

It is another styles make fights matchup. Dustin does not have a great chin.. And he wants to strike. Conor eats guys like that up.. Also Conor has the mental edge of a easy KO already over the man.

I don't understand why you think he was playing games? Why would he want to get his ass whooped like that? It doesn't sound like you think he threw the fight so what is it? We all know that he's tough and he'll fight anyone at anytime so again what is it? It's not just that he's not upper echelon?

Cowboy was having money problems not too long ago.

Search Results
Web results
upload_2020-1-20_14-24-37.pngwww.bloodyelbow.com › ufc-donald-cerrone-lightweight-needs-fight...

Donald Cerrone needs a fight ASAP because he's broke ...
upload_2020-1-20_14-24-37.png
Jan 16, 2014 - Donald Cerrone talks about his financial instability and the loss of drive that ... of big name UFC fighters is problems with handling their money.
upload_2020-1-20_14-24-37.pngwww.mmaweekly.com › donald-cerrone-fights-off-financial-woes-an...

Donald Cerrone Fights Off Financial Woes and Retirement ...
Jan 21, 2014 - Donald Cerrone had thoughts about retiring as he was preparing to face ... said, and this time he plans on being more responsible with his finances. ... not work after all, as Miller broke his hand in the UFC Fight Night 35 win.
upload_2020-1-20_14-24-37.pngsports.yahoo.com › news › donald-cerrone-fights-off-financial-17544...

Donald Cerrone Fights Off Financial Woes and Retirement ...
Jan 17, 2014 - Donald Cerrone had thoughtsabout retiring as he was preparing to face ... said, and this time he plans on being more responsible with his finances. ... not work after all, as Miller broke his hand in the UFC Fight Night 35 win.
upload_2020-1-20_14-24-37.pngwww.mmamania.com › ufc-on-fox-10-broke-donald-cerrone-not-savi...

UFC on FOX 10: 'Broke' Donald Cerrone 'has no idea what ...
Jan 17, 2014 - Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone reveals he's broke and out of control ... Regrettably, he's not the first fighter to have trouble managing his money.
Missing: financial ‎| Must include: financial
www.foxsports.com › ufc › story › ufc-contender-donald-cowboy-cer...

Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone: 'I'm fighting to pay taxes off' | FOX ...

Jun 22, 2015 - Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone has all the motivation he needs everytime he fights ... That is, professional athletes getting into trouble with their unique financial ... the NFL, and the NBA, often end up broke or in trouble with the IRS.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-20_14-24-37.png
    967 bytes · Views: 1
    360 bytes · Views: 1
    360 bytes · Views: 1
i said this last week that if it's a quick finish, it will seem 'fixed".
No way was it fixed and I'm a Cowboy fan. i said he'd shit the bed. and he did. I didn't think it would have ended that quick.
I was hopin he'd catch Connor out of nowhere but he had nothing. Got pressured and finished.
It was a good performance but I'm waiting to see what he looks like in his next fight.

Just stop, if you are going to seriously try and tell me that cowboy had no other options than standing and getting clowned you are fucking retard that has never watched a cowboy fight. The guy has takedowns, the guy can move. He stood like a deer in a headlights for 40 seconds and got clowned. His only attempt at anything was initiating a clinch, then when he got the shoulder strikes he just sat there and ate them. He ate four of them in a row and then by the last one he was truly stunned. I am/was a huge cowboy fan, stop acting like he gave it his all. this was classic cowboy giving up before the fight even started. Go watch the interviews, go watch him storm away from the media scrum. Cowboy is cowboy, fighting conor doesn't change that.
You have absolutely no idea what you are watching, other than on the most simplistic of levels. But I suppose that's of no surprise, with your Mike Perry av and everything.

And to respond to some of your very eloquently made points...

Yeah, Cowboy has takedowns, that's probably why a takedown was the very first thing that he went for...it's just that he ended up getting a thigh to the head, dazzing him into the clinch.

Cowboy didn't just stand there and let McGregor shoulder him...did you even watch the fight? Conor controlled Cerrones arm by the bicep, pulling and holding him in position while smashing Cowboys nose and eyes in quick succession, it wasn't like Cerrone wasn't trying to get away.

The idea that Cowboy didn't try or care is embarrassing and disrespectful

It is another styles make fights matchup. Dustin does not have a great chin.. And he wants to strike. Conor eats guys like that up.. Also Conor has the mental edge of a easy KO already over the man.

But....Dustin is undeniably a much, much better fighter now. Do i thik Dustin would win? Probably not, but you talking about how fast Conor beat Dustin back then is not relevant to today. Its like bringing up Duffy choking out Conor

Back