Condit: Diaz hasn't earned shot

ufc143_11_condit_vs_diaz_004.jpg

124_Nick_Diaz_vs_Carlos_Condit_large_medium.jpg

carlos_condit_pulls_upset_on_nick_diaz_to_take_ufc_interim_welterweight_title_loser_says_hes_done.jpg

scaled.0204_web_diaz_condit001_t320.jpg

etc etc etc

Eh, it's not even worth it. Diaz fans are completely irrational. I mean after all Nick really was on a streak beating a who's who of MMA, regardless of his loss to Condit. Undersized Noons, Scott Smith, 36 year old Sakurai, 37 year old Shamrock, Zaromskis, Paul Daley, and LW Penn. clearly deserving even if he did lose his last fight and had a suspension.

I'd call it a draw really, there was no winner in that fight. It was an abortion thanks to Condit. And you're oversensitive if you think criticizing the way the guy 'fought' is fighter bashing.

You and about 5% of the other people who watched the fight. But hey, everyone is entitled to a their opinion as irrational as it may seem.

lol. Diaz had 23 minutes to do something on the feet!

Yes Condit played stick and move and outworked him, but then Nick took his back in the 5th! And Condit swept and ended up on top

Don't know what else to say :icon_neut

Anderson, Chuck, Lindland, Miletich, a bunch of others thought Diaz won. It's one of the most controversial fights in UFC history. It's cool if you disagree with me, but let's not pretend Condit put on a clinic, it was a close fight. He rolled the dice with a gameplan that exploited the time limit. Not why a lot of people watch MMA. (or compete in it)

You and about 5% of the other people who watched the fight. But hey, everyone is entitled to a their opinion as irrational as it may seem.

Make sure you tell that to Anderson and Chuck. I'm sure they will bow to your wisdom.

I'd call it a draw really, there was no winner in that fight. It was an abortion thanks to Condit. And you're oversensitive if you think criticizing the way the guy 'fought' is fighter bashing.

Continuously posting stupid ass gifs about running gets old. When you do it over and over, yeah it's coming close to fighter bashing IMO. But whatever, it's not like Condit rarely wins by decision, so we can just pretend he's a point fighter.

Anderson, Chuck, Lindland, Miletich, a bunch of others thought Diaz won. It's one of the most controversial fights in UFC history. It's cool if you disagree with me, but let's not pretend Condit put on a clinic, it was a close fight. He rolled the dice with a gameplan that exploited the time limit. Not why a lot of people watch MMA. (or compete in it)

yes he rolled the dice with a game plan that exploited the time limit
- OR -
he tagged Diaz with all 8 limbs but Diaz just kept coming forward thanks to his granite chin

and i agree it was a close fight, although i thought Condit won it

Already posted in another thread bro. But misleading misquote in the title.

Already posted in another thread bro. But misleading misquote in the title.

Why do people keep saying this?????????????

Condit was directly asked by the interviewer "Do you think Diaz has earned the shot?" and then directly replied "No, not really."

Isn't that fairly black and white?

Make sure you tell that to Anderson and Chuck. I'm sure they will bow to your wisdom.

I must have missed the memo when they were the judges of the fight. Fighters have all kinds of opinions and yet they aren't trained as judges. Face it you're just being stubborn because you can't face the fact that your boy got beat. It's pretty simple. Condit didn't dominate that fight but he took Nick out of his game and clearly beat him.

Continuously posting stupid ass gifs about running gets old. When you do it over and over, yeah it's coming close to fighter bashing IMO. But whatever, it's not like Condit rarely wins by decision, so we can just pretend he's a point fighter.

Calling that pointfighting is an insult to pointfighters. It was shameless time limit exploitation. It's not like he was Machida, clowning Tito from the outside or something. He ate a bunch of shots to give a bunch of weak ones, rolled the dice with the judges, instead of going in there to stop Diaz. He never fought that way before. But hey, it's cool if you liked what he did. I thought it was horrible, and I was a fan before.

he tagged Diaz with all 8 limbs but Diaz just kept coming forward thanks to his granite chin

Nah that can't be. If that were the case Condit probably would have landed more strikes and I'm sure we would have seen that on the Fight Metrics. Plus if we thought that way, then we could post lame gifs.

I must have missed the memo when they were the judges of the fight.

I must have missed the memo where I'm supposed to care what the judges think.

Fighters have all kinds of opinions and yet they aren't trained as judges.

Neither are you. Neither am I. Nor does it matter. Great point you got there.

Face it you're just being stubborn because you can't face the fact that your boy got beat. It's pretty simple. Condit didn't dominate that fight but he took Nick out of his game and clearly beat him.

If Nick got beat I'd be fine with it. I was a fan of both going in. Condit didn't even try to beat him. Hence my (and many others') opinion. It's cool if you disagree.

Calling that pointfighting is an insult to pointfighters. It was shameless time limit exploitation. It's not like he was Machida, clowning Tito from the outside or something. He ate a bunch of shots to give a bunch of weak ones, rolled the dice with the judges, instead of going in there to stop Diaz. He never fought that way before. But hey, it's cool if you liked what he did. I thought it was horrible, and I was a fan before.

And yet your still a fan of Diaz even though he didn't have the fight IQ to adjust to what Condit was doing, whined like a baby about the decision, stomped his feet and retired cause he didn't wanna play anymore.

Actually there was a winner and it was Condit. Diaz has a problem when people move around and don't just stand in front of him so he can punch them. Rampage has that same problem. If Diaz were a better fighter, maybe he could learn to cut off the ring instead of relying on taunting and stalking.

And yet your still a fan of Diaz even though he didn't have the fight IQ to adjust to what Condit was doing, whined like a baby about the decision, stomped his feet and retired cause he didn't wanna play anymore.

All that post-fight stuff you mentioned doesn't matter to me, I guess it bothers you a lot. As for "fight IQ", I thought he won anyway. Like many others. He also took Condit's back in the 5th, I'd say that was a pretty good adjustment.

I must have missed the memo where I'm supposed to care what the judges think.

Neither are you. Neither am I. Nor does it matter. Great point you got there.

If Nick got beat I'd be fine with it. I was a fan of both going in. Condit didn't even try to beat him. Hence my (and many others') opinion. It's cool if you disagree.

You mean Condit didn't fight like Diaz wanted him to IE: getting into a brawl that would favor Diaz. I'm sorry man but you are really delusional. Have you already started a rough draft on what your excuse for Nick losing to GSP is going to be?

Diaz deserves the shot as much as Condit did.

It would be one thing if Condit decisively beat Diaz, but he didn`t, he ran and most ppl had him losing.

Back