Condit: Diaz hasn't earned shot

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Carlos Condit (28-6) doesn’t think his nemesis Nick Diaz (26-8) has earned a shot at UFC welterweight king Georges St Pierre (23-2). Fresh off his hard-fought loss at UFC 154, The Natural Born Killer said Johny Hendricks should be fighting GSP. Condit and Diaz clashed at UFC 143 in February, with the Albuquerque native taking a controversial unanimous decision. When MMA Junkie asked Condit if he thought Nick had earned his shot, he replied, “No, not really.”

“Honestly, I think Hendricks deserves the shot … He’s been on a tear, knocking everybody out. He deserves the shot. But I can see from a marketing standpoint, (GSP vs Diaz) is a big fight.”​

From MMA Lives Here

Condit didn't get the memo, title shots are no longer earned, they're given.

why is this even a question still? it's not like it's a controversial opinion. anyone who rubs two brain cells together would reach the same conclusion

Pretty sure no one thinks he deserves anything.

It's just a money grab for Diaz's numbskull fans. Fortunately we'll also get to see George beat someone he fucking hates.

Pointless fight, Diaz gets blasted and his fanboys have more fuel for their cry fire.

condit should want diaz gettin a title shot and diaz to win so he can beat him......AGAIN

And that is why champions are not changing

GSP has never asked for a fight besides this one, Georges has truly just been a dominant champion and never picked a fight before.

Diaz fans complained about Condit getting a title shot after Nick skipped the presser. Now they're finding out what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

why is this even a question still? it's not like it's a controversial opinion. anyone who rubs two brain cells together would reach the same conclusion

I agree for the most part, but there's a (tiny) argument to be made for GSP vs Diaz. It was meant to happen a long time ago, Diaz was on a massive streak etc etc. But I agree, he should need a top-5 win first .I can't see Nick liking this from Carlos though

Diaz fans complained about Condit getting a title shot after Nick skipped the presser. Now they're finding out what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

:eek:

You finally changed your av..

Georges even said on a recent interview that there's NOTHING PERSONAL about the decision he made to fight Diaz. This kind of surprised me. I guess Diaz is just a money fight. Either way, it should be entertaining.

It's just a money grab for Diaz's numbskull fans.

How is it a money grab for Diaz fans? We're the ones shelling out the money to watch him fight.

If anything, it's a money grab for the UFC.

I think if you're a gsp fan you want this fight. This fight possesses as little threat to gsp as possible for a ranked guy. I seriously think Diaz has at BEST a 20 percent chance of winning this fight.

Riiiight Carlos, and you deserved it after you ran from him for 5 rounds. Some (me) might argue that Condit hasn't been a "Natural Born Killer" during or since the Diaz fight.

Don't care who "deserves" the title shot, I just want to see interesting matchups.

If its Nick, Johnny, or fucking Santa Claus, it doesn't make any difference to me. If Hendricks wins, he'll get the next shot. If Diaz gets hurt, he'll get the next shot. If Hendricks loses, well... he probably wouldn't have done that well against Georges anyways then.

Back