Collections - what's your poison?

I have a few vinyl records but I certainly wouldn't consider myself a serious collector, I just like the way they sound. Would never go searching for a rare LP or anything

I like trying new beers - but actually drinking them not saving them but I don't keep a formal list.

Same here. I've tried hundreds if not thousands lol I rarely get the same thing twice but I don't keep track

Old school/classic hip hop cd's. I started about 2 years ago, and collected around 35 cd's. Just today I picked up Goin' Off by Biz Markie, and I'm expecting The Best of Big Daddy Kane to come in the mail next week.

People say I'm crazy for buying cd's instead of downloading them, but there's just something about having the real deal in your possession.

My goal is to collect as many cd's as my dad. He's got like 500 of 'em.

I've also been thinking of collecting vynil records but I don't have a vinyl player. Maybe I could hang them on the wall or something.

Last edited:
Old school/classic hip hop cd's. I started about 2 years ago, and collected around 35 cd's. Just today I picked up Goin' Off by Biz Markie, and I'm expecting The Best of Big Daddy Kane to come in the mail next week.

People say I'm crazy for buying cd's instead of downloading them, but there's just something about having the real deal in your possession.

I've also been thinking of collecting vynil records but I don't have a vinyl player. Maybe I could hang them on the wall or something.

I agree. Plus, I support the artists that I really like, even if they only get a few dimes on the dollar.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapp-Time-Bob/dp/B0000844GT

I have a major obsession for 3 things - sport jerseys (NBA), caps and shoes. I'm living the high life on vacation filling not one but two suitcases with my new additions and I still have another week and a half and considerable amount of money to get through.

On another note, I have a good friend who collects Scotch, wine and cigars. He's spent tens of thousands of dollars on these and has an impressive selection at home. He usually cracks it when we go over for a poker night or dinner but never without moderation. I also have another who still collects Batman comics - ordering through stores, eBay and forums pretty much anywhere he can get what he needs. Expensive and respectable.

What do you collect? What's your obsession and how much money have you spent?
So youre an over privledged wigger

You must have women throwing themselves at you.

No not really. I can't. Lie about that. But I don' have trouble finding dates or one night stand either. If you love doing something, why they fuck should it matter what others think? I love collecting and wouldn't even think twice about stopin because some sad little man on a forum thinks it isn't cool for him. So kindly go fuck yourself (literally).

No not really. I can't. Lie about that. But I don' have trouble finding dates or one night stand either. If you love doing something, why they fuck should it matter what others think? I love collecting and wouldn't even think twice about stopin because some sad little man on a forum thinks it isn't cool for him. So kindly go fuck yourself (literally).

I appears my comment hit close to home, mate.

Nah not at all. Just can't stand these dumbass "if you like something nerdy, you're not getting any" comments.

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? No need for vulgarity. What you posted seemed more like an obsession then a collection. Just my obvservation, mate.

Tools, books, clothing, posters, DVDs, personal sex tapes.

I spend about about $6,000 a year on sports cards, although I do it as a side business for profit. I have a collection of some Colts stuff as well as some baseball stuff.. but a lot of it is for resale.

yeah, dinobot was my favorite character. back when i was in my teens people used to make fun of me because of my "extensive" vocabulary. they probably thought i read the thesaurus or something, but it was mostly from watching beast wars when i was 10.

i watched beast machines a couple of times when they had it on saturday mornings on fox, but it seemed like they cancelled it really fast so i never got to finish watching it. it's not on netflix either :(

Beast Machines wasn't terrible, but it didn't have the fun vibe Beast Wars had. I actually saw the show by both names (Beast Wars, Beasties) in Canada, I think it depended on what station it was being broadcast on.

Glad to say the show stood the test of time for me too. Still entertaining as hell.

yeah, i collect old hip hop and metal cds/cassettes. except i got like 200! haha, watch out man its addictive

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? No need for vulgarity. What you posted seemed more like an obsession then a collection. Just my obvservation, mate.

Well, you both pay to use a free forum. So.. we'll leave it at that :icon_lol:

I spend about about $6,000 a year on sports cards, although I do it as a side business for profit. I have a collection of some Colts stuff as well as some baseball stuff.. but a lot of it is for resale.

I wanted to get a chuckstrong wristband sent over here and it was going to cost like $60. I was gutted.

Baseball Cards and anything history related after finding my great uncles iron cross

Back