Collections - what's your poison?

I have a major obsession for 3 things - sport jerseys (NBA), caps and shoes. I'm living the high life on vacation filling not one but two suitcases with my new additions and I still have another week and a half and considerable amount of money to get through.

On another note, I have a good friend who collects Scotch, wine and cigars. He's spent tens of thousands of dollars on these and has an impressive selection at home. He usually cracks it when we go over for a poker night or dinner but never without moderation. I also have another who still collects Batman comics - ordering through stores, eBay and forums pretty much anywhere he can get what he needs. Expensive and respectable.

What do you collect? What's your obsession and how much money have you spent?

I have too many American football and Fubu jerseys myself. There's the over 100 hats as well and I don't count shoes anymore either.

My jersey count since my vacation sits at 6 - still searching for a few more before I leave though.

haha, yeah ive really tried to slow down. good thing is ive gotten about all the ones i really want. whats your favorite/rarest one in your collection? i got a game issued neon lime green orlando thunder home jersey. they use to play in this weird football league called the wlaf. def a head turner haha

Art books

Concept art books for movies
Concept art books for video games
Art books by artists I like.

It started in College, it's been a while since I've purchased one, though for Christmas my buddy did get me the Art book for the new Hobbit movie.

Some examples

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-two-towers-34.jpg

51Q1G1NBV2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

165171.jpg

917080.jpg

Lately I just collect stuff that's odd or different. Might start collecting skulls. I also like to get cool souvenirs if I, or someone I know, is traveling to different countries.

you have a clock like dali drew. pretty cool

i talked to you the other day in there :icon_neut

your boy, van kampen, is doing fairly well in the b group at wijk aan zee this year. it was a pretty rough day for the dutch contingency group today though.

huhhhhh? I don't recall talking with anyone from sherdog, But I accepted a few guys without asking their sherdog names, or did i ask your sherdog name ? lol

don't colognes go bad after a while?

I've heard that but it hasn't been my experience. I keep them relatively cool and out of direct lighting though because it supposedly helps.

I think when they go bad, it's mostly that they just lose their potency.

The only thing I ever collected in my life were NBA cards when I was a kid. Then they all vanished when we moved!

I collect video game systems and games, as well as ANYTHING Star Wars. I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars on the both of them.

My best score was probably a near-mint condition Pac Man 2600 cart with box that I picked up for $3 at a local Value Village.

huhhhhh? I don't recall talking with anyone from sherdog, But I accepted a few guys without asking their sherdog names, or did i ask your sherdog name ? lol

not on chess.com, on here in the chess thread. :p

Transformers toys. I have a little bit over a hundred but haven't bought any lately.

Video game memorabilia, manga, and weapons.

DVDs/Blu-Rays, video games, books, with a nascent comic collection. Not sure on the numbers for the others, but I have over 1200 in my DVD/Blu collection.

Do you have Transmetal Megatron?

Unfortunately not. Got into collecting due to the first movie which came after the transmetals were already done. Most of my figures are from the movie lines, some reissues, and a masterpiece Rodimus.

comics (got back into it recently but have a huge collection from the late 70s-early 90s).
first edition hardcover books
camera lenses and stuff for my camera.

and my car door collects the empty newport boxes i stick in there when i run out of a pack lol

Unfortunately not. Got into collecting due to the first movie which came after the transmetals were already done. Most of my figures are from the movie lines, some reissues, and a masterpiece Rodimus.

That's too bad, it was my favourite one until my brother broke it and I had to glue the leg back on. Never stood right after that.

The entire Beast Wars line of toys were some of my favourite things as a kid.

Back