Collections - what's your poison?

Dinobot was teh shiznit. Have you seen the sequel series "Beast Machines"? I'm wondering if it's worth a watch.

Fun fact: Here in Canada they wouldn't allow the word "War" in the title of a cartoon, so up here it was called "Beasties".

yeah, dinobot was my favorite character. back when i was in my teens people used to make fun of me because of my "extensive" vocabulary. they probably thought i read the thesaurus or something, but it was mostly from watching beast wars when i was 10.

i watched beast machines a couple of times when they had it on saturday mornings on fox, but it seemed like they cancelled it really fast so i never got to finish watching it. it's not on netflix either :(

I also collect cologne. It's bad. I use it quite a bit so my "collection" stays at about 20-25 bottles.

I used to have some really nice guns, but I sadly sold them for 1/3 of what I could today.

wanna ship me something?

I used to collect basketball cards, considering doing it again. Does anyone know if they're still around or even worth anything anymore?

I kind of have a a think for old bibles. That and St. Augustine's confessions.

Bronze statues, video games, luxury watches, keytars, skateboards, snowboards.

yeah, dinobot was my favorite character. back when i was in my teens people used to make fun of me because of my "extensive" vocabulary. they probably thought i read the thesaurus or something, but it was mostly from watching beast wars when i was 10.

i watched beast machines a couple of times when they had it on saturday mornings on fox, but it seemed like they cancelled it really fast so i never got to finish watching it. it's not on netflix either :(

That's a shame. The DVD is out of print as well. Guess Piratebay is my only option.

The only rival Dinobot had for the title of series BAMF was when Ravage showed up:

Decepticons forever!

That's a shame. The DVD is out of print as well. Guess Piratebay is my only option.

The only rival Dinobot had for the title of series BAMF was when Ravage showed up:

Decepticons forever!

he was pretty boss.

"decepticons forever!"

depth charge was a bad ass too.

I gots me waaaay too many comic books. I really lost interest in keeping track of them back when Clinton was president. Recently I found that I wasn't getting around to reading them each week so I feel that they're going by the wayside, whether I like it or not.

Fuck. I don't think I collect anything.

Experiences/memories maybe. When it comes to owning things (other than books) I am a minimalist.

I like trying new beers - but actually drinking them not saving them but I don't keep a formal list.

IMG_1335.jpg

Posted this in the last Collection thread but what the hell, I love it.

antique books. i've been going to estate sales to find old first edition and other rare books

I have one of the original Oxford economic atlas's from the early 50's.. It's a large book in dimensions, 2 feet tall? I wonder if it is worth anything. I think it is the first one of its kind.

videogames : console systems,cds/dvds
animes : dvds
movies and tv shows (mostly martial arts) : dvds
I rarely buy anything, just download :D
I personally dislike keeping lots of stuff i tend to throw whatever I think isn't reaaaally needed.

I have a modest wine collection, about 150 bottles, tiny in collectors eyes. Range from $30 (something I will drink probably in 1 or 2 years) to around $800 (probably drinking this to celebrate retirement in 35 years)

I have about 200 dvds and 50 bluerays. Didn't intend on collecting them, just bought movies I think worth rewatching.

if i were loaded i'd collect vinyl and guitars (not that u need to be rich to collect them) but i can't justify spending money on these things when family obligations and saving for retirement and holidays is a priority...

I've been getting into precious metals recently. I have some gold, palladium, silver, and platinum. All of these are highly graded coins.

Figures, figures, figures. I have spent thousands on my figure collection which ranges from animes/mangas, comic books, video games, and some movies. But mostly anime & manga. My collection includes stuff from:

Dragon Ball Z

Saint Seiya

Marvel

DC

Image (Mostly Spawn)

Hokuto No Ken (Fist Of The North Star)

Street Fighter

Darkstalkers

Sailor Moon

Bastard!!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Ghost In The Shell

Cowboy Bebop

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Resident Evil

PRIDE FC/K-1/Puroresu HAO figures

etc.

And I ONLY collect quality figures. No shit from kids meals or K-mart. You won't see any "super posable, karate chopping, energy shooting" BS in my collection. Either they look accurate and are made from pure quality or I don't buy.

Most recent purchases:

IMG_4572_zps3ca59408.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

jotaro-1.png

jotaro1.png

IMG_4860.jpg

Going to get that Fedor & TEH HAWT ONE Takayama HAO this year for sure.

You must have women throwing themselves at you.

Back