Collections - what's your poison?

Art books

Concept art books for movies
Concept art books for video games
Art books by artists I like.

It started in College, it's been a while since I've purchased one, though for Christmas my buddy did get me the Art book for the new Hobbit movie.

Some examples

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-two-towers-34.jpg

51Q1G1NBV2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

165171.jpg

917080.jpg

I have and love the Art Book for the Dracula Movie, the one that Coppola directed.

I've collected 1:24th scale John Force cars for about 15 years, I've got about 100. I've got tubs of 1:64 cars. I had about 35 Dale Earnhardt cars, when he died I sold the whole set for a mint.
Lately I've been hunting down Star Trek original series collectors edition VHS tapes. I got 30 at a local thrift store for $10.

1:24 diecast is the only thing I collect. Kevin Harvick, mostly.

1:24 diecast is the only thing I collect. Kevin Harvick, mostly.

I think I got a Harvick somewhere. I pick up other cars if I like the way they look or are a collectors edition, I'm a sucker for clear cars. I haven't even watched the NHRA in about 5 years but I still collect the cars. I'm currently on the hunt for a vintage Snake & Mongoose set.

I have a decent watch collection with about 10 or so...also have a pretty nice coin collection.
Also a growing library of sacd's...you haven't experienced music until you've heard a well mixed sacd on a great system!

Game-worn college football memorabilia; mostly jereys but I have cleats, gloves, pants, and some helmets. I don't buy the "authentic replica" stuff that can be store-bought.

i collect records..(started in 93) for sampling, but as of the last ten years more just to collect/listen...my collection ranges from funk/soul/jazz to psych to italian soundtrack(60-70s) to library..some rock (just for drum breaks) so far im at about 2800-3000 12" and about 200 7" 45rpm.

worth alot of money..i buy my records from thrift stores/swapmeets/yardsales etc...very rarely stepping into a record store. avg price is 1-2 bucks per record ..i sold a couple records in the past at 1200 bucks so it does pay off if you go the selling route.

bonafied cratedigger.

Back