Collections - what's your poison?

YPMG

Patriot Nation
@purple
Reaction score
I have a major obsession for 3 things - sport jerseys (NBA), caps and shoes. I'm living the high life on vacation filling not one but two suitcases with my new additions and I still have another week and a half and considerable amount of money to get through.

On another note, I have a good friend who collects Scotch, wine and cigars. He's spent tens of thousands of dollars on these and has an impressive selection at home. He usually cracks it when we go over for a poker night or dinner but never without moderation. I also have another who still collects Batman comics - ordering through stores, eBay and forums pretty much anywhere he can get what he needs. Expensive and respectable.

What do you collect? What's your obsession and how much money have you spent?

i've bought way too many video games over the past couple of years and i rarely ever play any of them. before that, chess books and magazines. now, i'm glad to say nothing really.

Bodies.

Wait, um...coins and pretty much anything with history (whether it's an old book, newspaper, magazine, artifact, fossil, etc.). For example, I still have the original newspaper from 9/11 (well, 9/12). I also have the Time magazine that came out after Bin Laden was killed.

Cologne. I have almost 100 bottles. I've basically stopped buying it though because I realized how much money I actually spent on it.

Cologne. I have almost 100 bottles. I've basically stopped buying it though because I realized how much money I actually spent on it.

Do you use them and replace them when they're empty or just leave them there? Got anything that's rare and worth a lot?

Books, motherfucking books. My instinct is to buy, then read.

And screw you too, Dan Brown. Although $20 for a hardcover soon-to-be-bestseller isn't bad at all :icon_chee

Do you use them and replace them when they're empty or just leave them there? Got anything that's rare and worth a lot?

I've only had one go empty and that was because it was my only bottle before I started collecting. I ended up throwing the bottle away though.

As far as rare stuff, I just have some that've been discontinued within the last decade or so. I doubt anything I have in my collection is particularly valuable though.

Beer mugs, don't have that much yet. I tried to order 3 recently, but they wouldn't deliver to my country.

i've bought way too many video games over the past couple of years and i rarely ever play any of them. before that, chess books and magazines. now, i'm glad to say nothing really.

Hej mr ruska, are you in our chess group?

Sherdog infractions
I don't' type that proudly.

Books, motherfucking books. My instinct is to buy, then read.

And screw you too, Dan Brown. Although $20 for a hardcover soon-to-be-bestseller isn't bad at all :icon_chee

I know that feeling although I wouldn't say I collect books per say. I get a shitload of video games which sit there sealed for months before being used.

yep, im with ts, i collect sports jerseys. but ive been good lately and havent bought any in a while. the last one was the 1996 ray allen milwaukee bucks alternate put out by mitchell and ness. im a big bucks fan so i had to have that jersey.

Hej mr ruska, are you in our chess group?

i talked to you the other day in there :icon_neut

your boy, van kampen, is doing fairly well in the b group at wijk aan zee this year. it was a pretty rough day for the dutch contingency group today though.

Lately I just collect stuff that's odd or different. Might start collecting skulls. I also like to get cool souvenirs if I, or someone I know, is traveling to different countries.

I buy a lot of decorations and household items that have fleur de lis' on them (gotta represent my roots - grew up in Cint's town).

I collect horror movies. Guns might be something I would like to start collecting. Here is some random shit I like (not really one particular theme, just random stuff). I used to collect cologne

DSC00993_zps4d92ab4d.jpg

DSC00996_zps18502161.jpg

IMG_20121126_154649.jpg

IMG_20120721_125048.jpg

yep, im with ts, i collect sports jerseys. but ive been good lately and havent bought any in a while. the last one was the 1996 ray allen milwaukee bucks alternate put out by mitchell and ness. im a big bucks fan so i had to have that jersey.

My jersey count since my vacation sits at 6 - still searching for a few more before I leave though.

Back