COLBY, next opponent?

Too busy I guess. Aside from dumb comments do you have any thought on my assessment? What do you think of Colby's TDD? Has anyone ever attacked Colby with offensive wrestling? RDA did in the 4th round of his fight but he was already worn down from the first 3 rounds. Had he employed that strategy from the start I believe he would have had great success and won the fight. Same with Robbie TBH.
I didn't understand why RDA wasn't using his grappling offensively, then he finally started in the 4th round and I was thinking where was that all this time.

He should drop to LW fight someone in top 5 and gun for khabib.
Would be epic stylistically. Plus Colby’s gimmick against khabib would be funny.

It's not bendo, rory or RDA's fault that nate can't wrestle for shit.
When did I mention Benson Rory or RDA? but saying Colby is going to maul Nate? you know exactly what he would do hug him and throw pitter pat punches. That's far from a mauling.

When did I mention Benson Rory or RDA? but saying Colby is going to maul Nate? you know exactly what he would do hug him and throw pitter pat punches. That's far from a mauling.
As long as it makes nate and his fans mad, it's good enough for me.

Too busy I guess. Aside from dumb comments do you have any thought on my assessment? What do you think of Colby's TDD? Has anyone ever attacked Colby with offensive wrestling? RDA did in the 4th round of his fight but he was already worn down from the first 3 rounds. Had he employed that strategy from the start I believe he would have had great success and won the fight. Same with Robbie TBH.

Sure. I think that Colby would have great TDD if he ever considered his opponent's wrestling a proper threat. I think the reason that RDA had so much success in the 4th is because it was unexpected, and that's probably why he couldn't repeat it effectively in the 5th. If someone tried a strategy of offensive wrestling against Colby from round one, he'd probably adjust and nullify the strategy from round two onwards. Also try wrestling someone for 5 rounds, it's tiring as hell. I don't think there'd be many people that could do an offensive heavy wrestling strat against Colby for 5 rounds. With how active he'd be from the bottom, they probably couldn't maintain that pace.

This goes without saying that the arrogance it would take to assume you came up with a strategy in five minutes from your armchair that 12 separate professional fighting camps couldn't is astronomical.

wonderboy is the only one who presents a challenge to usman imo. how does he earn a shot though.
At least 2 more wins in a row and by beating either Colby or Edwards in one of those fights. It also depends who the champ is and who's next in line by then.

If Woodley loses, then that's the match up.

EDIT: Actually, if he wins as well, that could still be the match up. Marty/Masvidal in July, Colby/Woodley in August as a co-main to Khabib/Ferguson v McGregor. That would leave Wonderboy/Leon.

McGregor shouldn't get the Khabib/Ferguson winner, and he probably won't. Colby should just fight Chiesa tbh. He's been called out already and a really easy matchup tbh. Maybe he could talk about Chiesa's mom or something and the UFC will have to book it.

Thoee pitter punches would definitely bust Nate's face up though.

McGregor shouldn't get the Khabib/Ferguson winner, and he probably won't. Colby should just fight Chiesa tbh. He's been called out already and a really easy matchup tbh. Maybe he could talk about Chiesa's mom or something and the UFC will have to book it.

Chiesa or Woodley make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back