COLBY, next opponent?

If Woodley loses, then that's the match up.

EDIT: Actually, if he wins as well, that could still be the match up. Marty/Masvidal in July, Colby/Woodley in August as a co-main to Khabib/Ferguson v McGregor. That would leave Wonderboy/Leon.

Last edited:
You guys arent being fair. He used a question mark! Wasnt deceiving.

I think Chiesa hasn't earned it, and Thompson could be a boring fight. Colby either blankets him and wins on points, or Wonderboy dances around the perimeter, and wins...on points. Feels like bad matchmaking.

Who else you got?
But throwing chiesa in there may just spice things up

Sure why not. I'd love to watch diaz get mauled again
Not sure you can say mauled when it comes to Colby's style tbh, Diaz is likely outworked, likely taken down repeatedly and likely beaten by Colby sure but mauled yeah nah fam.

Not sure you can say mauled when it comes to Colby's style tbh, Diaz is likely outworked, likely taken down repeatedly and likely beaten by Colby sure but mauled yeah nah fam.
He'll do him dirtier than rory did him.

Who is Scott? I thought Tyron was fighting Leon Edwards in London?

Colby is basically irrelevant at this point. He was broken by Usman and I think Colby already sold his soul to get as far as he did. Now people know if you nullify Colby's wrestling and make him fight he will break. Attack Colby with wrestling and work for a stalemate there and then win in the other facets of MMA that Colby completely lacks.

It's that easy. Why didn't his other opponents do it?

It's that easy. Why didn't his other opponents do it?
As I said nobody has figured it out. Colby is a smart fighter based on his limited fighting abilities. Nobody is afraid to get hit by him as he has no power. Nobody is afraid to get taken down by him as he has no top control, GnP or submission abilities. They all get lulled into a drawn out battle of defending TD after TD trying to catch him with a good shot. They get tired because he is setting the pace and fighting (if you can call it that) in the area he is most comfortable. If you attack and force him to defend he gets tired just like anyone else.

Its truly brilliant how Colby forces guys to defend the entire fight without them even feeling they are in danger and then suddenly the fight is almost over and they are not too tired to get a KO or sub.

As I said nobody has figured it out. Colby is a smart fighter based on his limited fighting abilities. Nobody is afraid to get hit by him as he has no power. Nobody is afraid to get taken down by him as he has no top control, GnP or submission abilities. They all get lulled into a drawn out battle of defending TD after TD trying to catch him with a good shot. They get tired because he is setting the pace and fighting (if you can call it that) in the area he is most comfortable. If you attack and force him to defend he gets tired just like anyone else.

Its truly brilliant how Colby forces guys to defend the entire fight without them even feeling they are in danger and then suddenly the fight is almost over and they are not too tired to get a KO or sub.

So just to confirm, you've identified the key way to beat him; when the full-time professional coaches of the 12 ufc fighters he's fought have not? Got it thanks.

Chiselchest called him out, sounds like a good fight for early prelims
<36>
But seriously I liked the callout, and Colby can avoid getting chin checked this time around, it would likely be a wallhumping and crotch sniffing snoozer. In the grand scheme if we can bounce guys out of the title picture who’s style is predicated around fighting through striking avoidance the better.
<Goldie11>

My Just Bleed Fan .02
<{JustBleed}>

If its Wonderboy then he is losing that fight. Dont see him beating Wonderboy. Would love to see it and have Colby lose his 2nd fight and then blame it on Dana and how he gives him bad matchups.

At this point I think Colby could handle Wonderboy. I am not convinced he is 'all-in' at this point. Its been 3 years since he's KO'd anyone and he's lost more than he has won over the last 3 years.

It pains be greatly to say it, but I think Colby beats anyone not named Usman at WW right now. This Woodley Edwards fight should tell us a lot about where Edwards is at. I am interested to see if Woodley shows up for this one. He is 37 years old and his reign was not a dominant one. And I am not convinced about Masvidal yet.

Wonderboy sounds good to me.

I'd like to see him fight Ponzi, but Ponzi has been removed from the rankings due to a combination of inactivity and his name not being Conor.

So just to confirm, you've identified the key way to beat him; when the full-time professional coaches of the 12 ufc fighters he's fought have not? Got it thanks.
Basically yes. Go watch the 4th round of the RDA fight. It is completely counter intuitive to not try to win a fight but to nullify your opponent. That is what Colby does and that is how to beat him.

Basically yes. Go watch the 4th round of the RDA fight. It is completely counter intuitive to not try to win a fight but to nullify your opponent. That is what Colby does and that is how to beat him.
Bro, why aren't you a head coach?

Bro, why aren't you a head coach?
Too busy I guess. Aside from dumb comments do you have any thought on my assessment? What do you think of Colby's TDD? Has anyone ever attacked Colby with offensive wrestling? RDA did in the 4th round of his fight but he was already worn down from the first 3 rounds. Had he employed that strategy from the start I believe he would have had great success and won the fight. Same with Robbie TBH.

Who do you think his next fight announcement will be?

If Masvidal vs Usman is official, we know Woodley vs Scott is a done deal, he's already beaten Maia recently, pretty much just leaves Thompson and Chiesa?

let nate and colby get a hosue together so they can cry like divas together and go away for ever.

After listening to the Helwani show I think he should promote the crap out of the Usman rematch even though he got destroyed incase either guy gets hurt and if that doesnt work then retire and go for WWE.
I think he did as good of a job in making execuses and putting doubt in people as you could possibly do after such one sided fight and months of running from media with pillow in front of his face. I personally hope Masvidal knocks the fuck out of Usman and then beats Colby and after that maybe Conor 2.0 will look differently at Masvidal and decides to change his bum life aswell

Rectal reconstruction surgeon.

Back