COLBY, next opponent?

SohNwut.png

wonderboy is the only one who presents a challenge to usman imo. how does he earn a shot though.

If I am Colby I wait a while and see what shakes out after a few more welterweights fights and pick my shot according from there

Conor if Conor wants to be a serious WW.
Interesting.

Depending how much the Usman fight took out of him I’d favor Colby in this match.

Im no Colby fan but I respect his skills. I could picture Colby eating Conor’s early shots and continuing to march forward striking to get Conors back to the cage. I don’t think Conor has ever faced anyone who pressurized as heavy and early as Colby and if Conor can’t create enough space I think he might fold by round 2 or early 3. I think Colby is too smart to fall for those shoulder strikes while missing the TD possibility like Cowboy.

If Colby won he’d NEVER shut up about it though and because of that I doubt Dana would ever make this matchup. Because he would kill the cash cow Conor. However the buildup would be entertaining, Colby would be unfazed by Conor’s shit talking, and it would sell.

Who is Scott? I thought Tyron was fighting Leon Edwards in London?

Colby is basically irrelevant at this point. He was broken by Usman and I think Colby already sold his soul to get as far as he did. Now people know if you nullify Colby's wrestling and make him fight he will break. Attack Colby with wrestling and work for a stalemate there and then win in the other facets of MMA that Colby completely lacks.

OK, let's see how Covington does in his return fight before we write him off completely. The next one should give us a little bit more knowledge of where he's at atm.

Does anyone know how many fights are left on his contract? I hope they plan to release him

Wb does sound like a good matchup or loser of tyron vs leon

How could u be so wrong?

And even if u were correct, who has the endurance to be able to do that? Very few who even have the chance
It is funny to hear you bring up Endurance. That is the whole point. Colby's only area where he excels is cardio. But that is because he tricks his opponents into trying to defend his TDs and catch him with a KO shot. How many TDs did he get on Robbie? How many times did Robbie get back up taking no damage and being in no danger of being finished? The answer is the same whatever the number is. Colby has no submission game other than basic chokes on tired opponents.

Pretty much anyone in the top 10 that puts Colby on the defensive by attacking him with TDs can wear on him and catch him with strikes in the scrambles. If you get the TD he is forced to work to get up and if you miss there is no fear of getting subbed or KO'd. Everyone makes the mistake of letting Colby play his game on offense because they don't fear getting finished and end up getting tired out.

I also find Colby accusing Usman of EPO use since all he has is Cardio. Where does it come from???

Who do you think his next fight announcement will be?

If Masvidal vs Usman is official, we know Woodley vs Scott is a done deal, he's already beaten Maia recently, pretty much just leaves Thompson and Chiesa?
You still haven't told me who Scott is???

wonderboy is the only one who presents a challenge to usman imo. how does he earn a shot though.
KO Chiesa, KO Colby, and Meanwhile Masvidal wins the title off of Usman. Then when Conor or Nate or Nick get a title shot Wonderboy needs to KO Uriah Hall at MW, Bang Chiesa's mom and then KO Chiesa at a Walmart in New Jersey, KO Usman and then hope Masvidal is willing to defend against the last man to beat him.

Does anyone know how many fights are left on his contract? I hope they plan to release him

I'm not a fan of his persona but he's one of the top welterweights, perhaps 2nd only to Usman

Back