Television Cobra Kai season 5 trailer IS HERE!!!

lmao at Terry bribing a ref so he wouldn't have to honor the deal making him an "honorable" person.

Remember Barnes was never Cobra Kai, merely a hired gun. And he always had an arms length relationship with Silver, so much so that he pushed him in negotiating the deal and was willing to walk away for anything less than 50% of the Cobra Kai chain. After losing to Daniel, and with the Cobra Kai locations not being opened, he'd have nothing to stick around for and probably went straight to the airport after exchanging dirty looks with Silver. And given his demeanor, he certainly wouldn't have stood for an ass-beating from either Silver or Kreese without going to the police. And given the main beef he has with Silver in CK is burning down his business, I don't think he ever got beat down by either Silver or Kreese after KK3 - in his drunken, coked up rage he surely would have mentioned a life-changing beat down if it had happened.

Silver and Kreese after the events of KK3? That's more complicated and a little more interesting. They probably were awkward for awhile, taking pot shots at each other, periodically reminiscing about Mamona and then ultimately drifted apart.

Thats the strange thing, if he had no plans to honor the deal, why cheat in the first place?

I mean technically speaking, Silver had a loophole that the deal was made with Kreese and Kreese is no longer with cobra kai. That could have been his ace in the hole but talking to Tory, the way he talked about the match was like it was life and death.

That and with Chozen, he talked about cobra kai like it was his child which technically was.

If I was Silver and if I had no plans of honoring the deal, then I would not honor the deal + I could use the excuse that the deal was made with Kreese and that cobra kai under new ownership makes the deal void :cool:

For some reason, I thought that he would win, celebrate at Silvers mansion and then live there until Terry would and real estate agent help him find his own home around the various locations. But he lost and I thought after the loss, he would go back to the mansion to pack his shit and that is when he would catch a beating from the cobra kai.

In his 70s Silver better than in 50s Daniel, Johnny, Barnes, Chozen. But I guess thst makes sense as a 60s Myiagi easily beats up prime Kreese or Silver somehow.

Hell yeah!

Terry beats them all!

Chozen did well and people said if he was sober he would have won but technically speaking, Silver was not in a fighting shape either in terms of chilling at home, having some liquor and then he gets ambushed by a vile, and extremely violent home invasion which was attempted murder.

Healthy Silver vs Sober Chozen would be a great fight but Silver is too big!

Thats the strange thing, if he had no plans to honor the deal, why cheat in the first place?

I mean technically speaking, Silver had a loophole that the deal was made with Kreese and Kreese is no longer with cobra kai. That could have been his ace in the hole but talking to Tory, the way he talked about the match was like it was life and death.

That and with Chozen, he talked about cobra kai like it was his child which technically was.

If I was Silver and if I had no plans of honoring the deal, then I would not honor the deal + I could use the excuse that the deal was made with Kreese and that cobra kai under new ownership makes the deal void :cool:

For some reason, I thought that he would win, celebrate at Silvers mansion and then live there until Terry would and real estate agent help him find his own home around the various locations. But he lost and I thought after the loss, he would go back to the mansion to pack his shit and that is when he would catch a beating from the cobra kai.

Hell yeah!

Terry beats them all!

Chozen did well and people said if he was sober he would have won but technically speaking, Silver was not in a fighting shape either in terms of chilling at home, having some liquor and then he gets ambushed by a vile, and extremely violent home invasion which was attempted murder.

Healthy Silver vs Sober Chozen would be a great fight but Silver is too big!
Brah a in his 70s Silver is not beating a 50s Chozen. Chosen was taught by a morals off Miyagi in Sato and trained many different styles. Not beating Barnes likely either. Likely still takes Daniel or johnny tho

Come on brah. He bribed the ref because he wanted to win. His whole plot was based on winning the tournament so he could generate more attention and growth of the Cobra Kai chain. And a fringe benefit (but not the main objective) was Daniel had his deal with Kreese to shut down Miyagi do if he lost. Which he did. Like he actually did shut down Miyagi do and stopped running formal lessons. But none of that would have happened had Cobra Kai lost the tournament, so that possibility was not an acceptable outcome to Silver. Hence desperate times call for desperate measures.

Where I think they dropped the ball somewhat was Kyler and all the Cobra Kais throwing their shirts and walking out on Silver after his bribery was revealed and he lost to Daniel. These are the same kids who at the beginning of that same scene said they were with Cobra Kai because of free snacks, swanky gym, free swag and actual girls in the class lol. None of that had changed and Silver bribing a ref shouldn't have been surprising given the way Silver and Kim Sung Yun granddaughter ran the class. These are the same kids who broke into places and stole things, vandalized other people's property and were already criminals themselves. Having the money and clout to bribe a ref should have made them respect Silver even more lol.

Brah a in his 70s Silver is not beating a 50s Chozen. Chosen was taught by a morals off Miyagi in Sato and trained many different styles. Not beating Barnes likely either. Likely still takes Daniel or johnny tho

Agreed. Chozen was the only one of the senseis who had been training consistently since the events of the KK movies. And he had already distinguished himself as the top Miyagi/Sato student as a teenager. Everyone else including Silver, Kreese, Johnny and Daniel had taken years away from the mats. Chozen should have been mopping the floor with all of them to the extent he was still healthy enough to train and fight.

Its a damn good one, Silver brought Tyrone Woodley to Cobra Kai!

Not to mention its KK3 Terry full on:

@DaleBoca
@ChickenBrother
@BisexualMMA

Fuck I forgot other cobra kai watchers!

As someone who hasn't really folllowed this or payed any attention since liking the movies as a kid, the whole thing is surreal to see. Especially seeing Silver in there.

Its one of those where seeing the trailers is enough, more than that would start to tarnish the memories of the movies.

Last edited:
Come on brah. He bribed the ref because he wanted to win. His whole plot was based on winning the tournament so he could generate more attention and growth of the Cobra Kai chain. And a fringe benefit (but not the main objective) was Daniel had his deal with Kreese to shut down Miyagi do if he lost. Which he did. Like he actually did shut down Miyagi do and stopped running formal lessons. But none of that would have happened had Cobra Kai lost the tournament, so that possibility was not an acceptable outcome to Silver. Hence desperate times call for desperate measures.

Where I think they dropped the ball somewhat was Kyler and all the Cobra Kais throwing their shirts and walking out on Silver after his bribery was revealed and he lost to Daniel. These are the same kids who at the beginning of that same scene said they were with Cobra Kai because of free snacks, swanky gym, free swag and actual girls in the class lol. None of that had changed and Silver bribing a ref shouldn't have been surprising given the way Silver and Kim Sung Yun granddaughter ran the class. These are the same kids who broke into places and stole things, vandalized other people's property and were already criminals themselves. Having the money and clout to bribe a ref should have made them respect Silver even more lol.

Agreed. Chozen was the only one of the senseis who had been training consistently since the events of the KK movies. And he had already distinguished himself as the top Miyagi/Sato student as a teenager. Everyone else including Silver, Kreese, Johnny and Daniel had taken years away from the mats. Chozen should have been mopping the floor with all of them to the extent he was still healthy enough to train and fight.

I agree with the first part. I suppose since he was onboard as co-sensei, then he was emotionally invested in the winning no matter what measures need to be taken. Kind of curios to know how he would handle the loss? I mean in karate kid 3, he kind of moved on. But what would he be his plan had he lost?

As far as Kyler and cobra kai leaving. I always assumed that they saw him as a really honorable an dignified teacher. Under his leadership, no one was committing criminal acts and they only bullied Anthony and no one else. That and they had no idea about karate kid 3 events. Also Terry gave a speech about taking the high road and not falling for the Miyagi provocation.

Unlike Kreese, Terry painted himself as a morally sound individual. While Kreese was just about winning. But then they realized that Silver is what he was preaching against. To be fair, Terry is extreme personality as opposed to a phony. He either wants to be really good or really bad. No in between or half ass.

As someone who hasn't really folllowed this or payed any attention since liking the movies as a kid, the whole thing is surreal to see. Especially seeing Silver in there.

Its one of those where seeing the trailers is enough, more than that would start to tarnish the memories of the movies.

Its a great show, it adds to your memories. The kids are annoying but cobra kai series has redeemed the 3rd movie in a major way.