Television Cobra Kai season 5 trailer IS HERE!!!

I love this show. I am in.

Have to say though I felt the trailer was a bit too spoilery for my liking, like there’s little to no tension that they’ll find Miguel, even faster than I anticipated, and won’t have any trouble convincing him to come home.

I love this show. I am in.

Have to say though I felt the trailer was a bit too spoilery for my liking, like there’s little to no tension that they’ll find Miguel, even faster than I anticipated, and won’t have any trouble convincing him to come home.

I'm actually ok with that. I'm not really all that interested in some hunt for Miguel in Mexico. So I hope it's pretty quick as in 2 episodes max and then back home.

I'm actually ok with that. I'm not really all that interested in some hunt for Miguel in Mexico. So I hope it's pretty quick as in 2 episodes max and then back home.

Thats pretty much exactly what I’m expecting, that by the end of the second episode they’ll either be home or on their way home.

One of the charms is that the show doesn’t take itself too seriously.. and Johnny.. ‘1 star because it smelled like beer..’ Johnny makes the whole show for me personally lol

I'm pretty sure Johnny and the Valley are the two stars of the show.

Everyone else is a supporting actor.

Brb gonna drive down to Balboa Park.

Taking Roscoe Blvd to White Oak to Victory.

Glad this show exists but damn it's so cheesy. I feel like bringing in every old character has really made the show jump the shark. I can't wrap my brain around Chozen coming to America to join Danny in a battle with a competing dojo.
I can. I've been hoping their first diner with Johnny to plan will end up with them both talking about what a wimpy dork Daniel was 20 years ago and Daniel protesting as they double team him with words lol. its has comic gold written all over it.

Also, was the agreement Daniel and Johnny can't teach? But can chosyn teach since he is a Miyagi do master and not bound by any agreement with silver?

Glad this show exists but damn it's so cheesy. I feel like bringing in every old character has really made the show jump the shark. I can't wrap my brain around Chozen coming to America to join Danny in a battle with a competing dojo.

The cheese is part of the fun.. and because Miyagi Do is one dojo with teachings passed down from Mr Miyagis relatives who taught both Mr Miyagi and Chozens masters the combining to defend the honor of the name and Dojo makes sense.

Keep in mind both Daniels teacher and Chozens teacher carried karate beef into old age.. so it makes sense from a consistency angle too.

I was expecting Mike Barnes. Also season 4 was more epic because it was the long return of the legendary Terry!

This was a funny trailer but it is a bit redundant. Like Kyler is being Kyler and Kenny being a bully was predictable but isn`t Kyler an adult legally and yet he is bullying a junior?

I get that Eli still jas Hawk guilt but he better not turn in to a beta again. He won, it was badass and he should keep it. Miguel looks fucking badass and he LOOKS like Miguel from Tekken. Same name, similar looks.

New senseis are like the best of the best cast!!!!

Yeah Eli is another good character/actor. I was hoping they’d take the antihero angle with him but they’re doing that with Johnny’s kid which isn’t as fun as what ‘Hawk’ had going on. The dude was ‘Johnny Light’ for a couple of seasons as a likeable heel that was also a badass.

I can. I've been hoping their first diner with Johnny to plan will end up with them both talking about what a wimpy dork Daniel was 20 years ago and Daniel protesting as they double team him with words lol. its has comic gold written all over it.

Also, was the agreement Daniel and Johnny can't teach? But can chosyn teach since he is a Miyagi do master and not bound by any agreement with silver?

When Chozen shows up at the end of S4, I thought it was kind of random but yeah him and Johnny teaming up to neg Daniel is going to be gold. I've never seen the Chozen actor in anything else but he was pretty great in the Okinawa episode from S3. Keep for your collection LMAO when he hands him the scroll.

I just watched the last 5 minutes of S3 again and the deal was with Cobra Kai (Kreese), not Silver. Kreese challenged Johnny and Daniel (after they both kicked his ass) to a winner leave town showdown at the next All Valley tournament. But he said, "If we lose, I leave. If you lose (looking at Johnny and Daniel)..." Then Johnny interjects and says, "We won't lose." So it's never specified what happens if Johnny and Daniel lose, but them stepping down as senseis appears to have been implied. In this context, Chozen stepping up to rep Miyagi Do makes sense because not only was he uninvolved in the Cobra Kai bet, he might be qualified to be Daniel and Johnny's sensei, as evidenced by the way he sons Daniel in their S3 sparring match.

Last edited:
I’m interested seeing how they use Mike Bad Boy of Karate Barnes.

Asahh!!!

Hes in it?
COB_Unit_01580R.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/tv/news/cobra-kai-season-5-mike-barnes-1235336703/amp/

Your karate is a joke!

I'm pretty sure Johnny and the Valley are the two stars of the show.

Everyone else is a supporting actor.

Brb gonna drive down to Balboa Park.

Taking Roscoe Blvd to White Oak to Victory.
If you go by the Floyd’s Barbershop on Ventura, there is a huge mural of the Karate Kid on the side of the building. It’s been there for years, long before Cobra Kai started. It’s pretty cool.

C2IQUjOXcAEQ6bF.jpg

The theory was that Mike Barnes would turn out to be Miguel’s real dad and be some hired thug in Mexico.. dude who played Barnes even had some tweets he threw out there.. makes me wonder if something fell thru last minute.

Still, Johnny fucking around in Mexico could have been fun lol

Interesting. It’s basically been theorized that someone from the original Cobra Kai would show up at some point, so it’s not shocking.

Wonder how long Keece sits on the sideline..

I think Kreese is going to sit this one out for most parts. We have too much going:

Terry Silver/Kreese/KSY flashbacks

Granddaughter of KSY having her character explored

Terry Silver making moves

Chozen was seen mentoring Eli/Hawk who now has a green mohawk

Daniel maybe the one visiting Mike Barnes and asking for help

Its clear that Silver is Tang Soo Do focused and I am not sure why he needs Mike Barnes since he is hell bent on Tang Soo Do/Master Kim Sung Yung legacy. I think Daniel is going to be the one that is going to visit Mike Barnes out of desperation. Terry going to Mike is overkill!

But anyways, I believe Kreese is going to fight, reflect and him being in the can prolly is an opportunity for us to see more flashback from Kreeses perspective.

The theory was that Mike Barnes would turn out to be Miguel’s real dad and be some hired thug in Mexico.. dude who played Barnes even had some tweets he threw out there.. makes me wonder if something fell thru last minute.

Still, Johnny fucking around in Mexico could have been fun lol

Its an inside joke, Tory was suppose to be Terry's daughter, Kyler the grandson of Master Kim Sung Yung, Kreese Johnny's real father, Kreese Tory's granddaughter Miguel being Mike Barnes son. Makes no sense, Miguel looks 100 percent Hispanic. Not an ounce of white in him in any shape or form.

In fact, Terry would have made more sense being Miguel's father because he shares similarities. Same type of curly hair and closer facial structure.

Finally finished all of season 5.

The bad... Mike Barnes was totally wasted. I would rather have not seen him at all and have them write something better for him to do the next season. Almost all of the fights in the season felt obligatory and routine. Terry Silver seems to have been taken down too quickly and easily and the stakes with the various dojos seem to be getting ridiculous. I care about individual characters but I don't care about any of the dojos after five years of people switching dojos all the time.

The good... Old Kreese changing to young Kreese for the prison fight was great. Flashback of Master Kim training young Kreese and Silver was good. For some reason the acting on the part of Larusso's daughter was especially effective this season, maybe helped by manipulative score, but I found myself feeling what she was feeling over pretty silly things. Zabka had plenty of good moments taking insults as compliments and so on.

Had enough good moments to be worth watching but it was a fair amount of filler to get to the good moments. I think it's running out of steam and what I would really like to see is a Kreese movie trilogy like Rocky 1-3 of his first three Army karate tournaments / training. The Rocky arc is basically all they have to do...lose in the final the first time, win in the final the second time, etc.