Coach Kavanagh speaks detailed fight prep for 202

Seems like you're having trouble keeping up with the conversation.

Don't feel too bad. Reading comprehension's not for everyone.
The game has passed Ronda by. You know it as well as you type all this troll garbage up. She knows what would happen if she got back in that octagon. You do to.

Sounds like one big overblown excuse for Connors last fight vs Diaz when he got bitched out. I don't think there's an MMA coach who I despise more than this guy. Just saw a video where he talks with Rogan about how his own reputation is at stake in the next Diaz fight. I mean, really? Screw your reputation. It's about the guy fighting in the cage not your own sorry ass reputation that's based off of nothing but leaching off of Connors success.

And yet his grappling coach, Kavanagh, is instrumental in his success?

Lol.

New to Hollywood are you kid?

Why are you calling me kid? You're making yourself look like an angsty teenager with all this "kid" and "burn" nonsense. Stop it.

Kavanagh is his main coach and yes he has been, he can't be blamed for Conor not taking something seriously. You can't teach someone something they're not willing to properly commit to.

Conor's control of Holloway on the ground, his reversal of Chad's guillotine attempt. Who do you you think taught him that?

And please tell me you're not making excuses for Ronda's fight against Holly?...

She got beat because she has a huge skill deficit, nothing to do with how much she trained.

The game has passed Ronda by. You know it as well as you type all this troll garbage up. She knows what would happen if she got back in that octagon. You do to.

She can never be champion again.

She can never be champion again.
Hell no. Talent pool for the women's mma is so much smaller too. Making it to the top is a much smaller climb. There has to be at least 20x at bare minimum of 135lb men competing in MMA vs 135lb women.

That's my opinion. Despite they said two or three good things about Diaz, they have no real respect for him and if you look closely to what Kavanagh said, they're already looking PAST Nate:

"I firmly believe that Conor’s loss to Diaz earlier this year will turn out to be a significant turning point in his career, which will really stand to him as we embark on this next part of the journey and the next batch of fights, whether they’re at featherweight, lightweight or welterweight."

"I feel like we’re almost cheating going into this fight because we know what questions we’re going to face in the test."

Why would he say this dumb shit? That's right. Because they're delusional as hell.
Well at least Kavanagh isn't insulting Diaz like Diaz's coach talks shit about McGregor. And for all the world class training partners in the 209 stable how many ufc champs are in there atm?

Uh, Gunnar Nelson?

It's fucking retarded to compare Kavanagh to Edmund. Kavanagh speaks sense, Edmond speaks pure bollocks.

If you listen to the advice Kavanagh gives Conor in between rounds it always makes sense, unlike Edmond telling Ronda "beautiful" after that 1st Round where Holly completely toyed with her.
Gunni let's face it is destined to be a gate keeper. he ain't beating Story, maia, Gastelum, Rory, Condit, Lawler, Wonderboy or the Champ. Brown & Magny are winnable but he can lose as well...

Well at least Kavanagh isn't insulting Diaz like Diaz's coach talks shit about McGregor. And for all the world class training partners in the 209 stable how many ufc champs are in there atm?
Diaz earned his respect....meanwhile, diaz trainer just found out how weaksauce McGregor was based on their last fight....is normal...

Of course it had something to do with his ground game.

Not a whole lot, but something.
So we know His ground game which he didnt take seriously til he lost twice by sub and we know he was rocked and gassed vs nate wasnt as good as nates whos been doing bjj longer? And this means what?

How dumb do you have to be not to train for a specific opponent? The fact that professional mma coaches aren't embarrassed to say this stuff in public blows my mind.

Then again, this is the coach that said Conor would become the greatest of all time
<36>
Yup and you can see how dumb he's been in not getting Conor to focus more on other stuff like wrestling and bjj.

Gunni let's face it is destined to be a gate keeper. he ain't beating Story, maia, Gastelum, Rory, Condit, Lawler, Wonderboy or the Champ. Brown & Magny are winnable but he can lose as well...

We'll see. I think Wonderboy is too much for anyone in that division right now.

Lol at Conor needing a 19 week camp for Nate freaking Diaz

"While we have spent a long time — four or five months now — preparing for this rematch, we’ve been working on only a handful of techniques. That includes some new techniques I’ve been working on with Conor which he hasn’t done before, so you can expect to see a thing or two that you haven’t before. I’m confident that this will change the landscape."

...So what new techniques do you think we'll be seeing from Conor?

Seems like a respectable statement in which you can find no fuel to hate, but yet here were go

No, barely anyone in the UFC trains like that.

You have Edgar who is one of the best fighters in the world turning up to Gi BJJ classes to prepare for Aldo. He should have much more specific training, guys brought into mimic Aldo etc.

There's only a few guys who train as specifically aa they should be.
doesn't matter what Edgar did, fighters have been training like this for decades.

If Ronda was transformed into a 145lbs man, she would not beat anyone in the top ten of the division.
I was trying to compare based off position in the division but you are simply speculating impossible circumstances so I will just move on from this one.

They'll probably still have excuses after Nate beats Conor again.

Back