Coach: Aldo wants to move to lightweight

Nice...KZ will be next FW champ and we get Aldo vs. henderson!

I'll be rooting for Edgar, but it would be really badass if Aldo beat up Edgar then moved up permanently to LW.

Aldo is better than Bendo,he better pray so that Edgar wins some controversial decision or he's getting knocked out.I'm sure it would be a great fight though,Bendo is a warrior.

Everyone is banging on about aldo v bendo but I see aldo v pettis as much more fun if he moved up

Aldo will beat Edgar and might fight once more, hopefully against KZ and then move up.

1 fight at LW and then the title shot.

When Aldo beats Edgar.. bring Gilbert Melendez to the UFC and have Jose Aldo vs. Melendez with the winner facing Benson Henderson. Now THAT would be SICK.

Aldo vs Bendo
Aldo vs Melendez
Aldo vs Cerrone
Aldo vs Pettis

Yes, I want to see Aldo in the LW division

Aldo vs Bendo
Aldo vs Melendez
Aldo vs Cerrone
Aldo vs Pettis

Yes, I want to see Aldo in the LW division

All great fights. Also Lauzon, Maynard and even Volkmann (hey, it's christmas)

It'll be cool, but clearly Aldo's frame is 145lb.

I really think that he will be just as succesful at lw as he is at the moment.

He is also the most well rounded fighter in the UFC imo.
He also doesn't need a big size advantage over anyone at fw since he does everything with perfect technique (no Joe Rogan)

Aldo fought Florian, is fighting Edgar, and rolled with Maynard in practice in Brazil. He will have an excellent feel for the size, strength and even athleticism difference offered by LW's. He also, of course, will know the disadvantages his frame and size would mean against some of the bigger LW's, including Benderson.

I personally hope he stays at 145, but just takes a couple fights at LW like Silva has done with fights at LHW. But if the weight cut puts his ability to hold the belt at 145 at risk then the right move is up.

citing that Gray Maynard himself said he struggled to get Aldo down, he beats him pretty dominantly in my opinion, can't see Maynard's plodding telegraphic striking being effective against Aldo. I believe 70 inch reach is average for that division though his height's lacking.

You might ask Aldo about Maynard.
You would probably have a better grasp on reality following that.
Gray and Jose are, indeed, friends. I am unsure whether that fight could be made.

Thanks sir.

However I feel that Firas might be messing with us, I have a very difficult time believing that GSP could make 155, he is just so.o thick and wide, just as I think AS would have a very difficult time making 170 these days (I realize he made 170 in the past). Although I am sure AS's handlers will no doubt have a quote saying he can easily make 170!

"messing with us". You are an intuitive individual. lol

Aldo gets an instant title shot at 155. Period. Especially if he doesn't lose at 145. There's no way they offer him anything or anyone other than the 155 champ (like Bendo). Aldo smashes Bendo and becomes the new 155 champ, and remains the 155 champ for a long, long time.

You're very naive.

Aldo vs Bendo would be an awesome matchup, fight of the year right there guys.

Good, makes a great division even better. He can be champ there.

Hope he fights Edgar first because I think that is an interesting matchup. Not so sure its good for his career because I don't see Henderson as being a very good match up for him. I think he can beat a lot of the other top lightweights like Diaz, but just don't see Henderson and not really sure he can beat Gilbert either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back