Coach: Aldo wants to move to lightweight

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC featherweight champion Jos

Last edited:
I think he should do it.

But I'm only saying that because I want Mendes to be champ and he doesn't have a snow balls chance of doing it while Aldo's there.

Well when he loses to Edgar and wins against benson. the good old switcheroo will be complete

This has been a long time coming.

I hope he moves to lightweight whether he wins or loses against Edgar.

If he beats Edgar I say give it a try at LW and if he does a good fight the UFC could give him a TS

korean-zombie-fueltv3.jpg

As a fan I want to see it. I don't see Aldo losing at 145. I think he would become champ at 155 too but it would be harder and a lot harder to stay champ at 155.

If he could stay undefeated and than move up and challenge Bendo, that would be an epic battle.

Beat Edgar decisively which no one can seem to do and move up. He will be a fight or two away from a shot. The fw and lw division will instantly become far more interesting.

Cant wait.....Aldo has a great shot to do big things in MMA. Dominates FW and then LW?

The only Superfight that will happen in 2013 Henderson vs Aldo!

Aldo beats Edgar and then have Korean Zombie v. Koch/Lamas for vacant title.

Beat Edgar decisively which no one can seem to do and move up. He will be a fight or two away from a shot. The fw and lw division will instantly become far more interesting.

Aldo gets an instant title shot at 155. Period. Especially if he doesn't lose at 145. There's no way they offer him anything or anyone other than the 155 champ (like Bendo). Aldo smashes Bendo and becomes the new 155 champ, and remains the 155 champ for a long, long time.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I would call Aldo the #1 P4P fighter in the world if he managed to move up to LW and be champion.

Aldo would be too small at lw. I highly doubt he will move up from a division on which he's the king.

All of this is just talk.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I would call Aldo the #1 P4P fighter in the world if he managed to move up to LW and be champion.

If he were to dominate the LW division or at least take out the champion and a #1 contender then it'd be hard to argue against that.

If he remains healthy and mostly injury-free, I believe Aldo can take the belt in the LW division.

Back