Coach: Aldo wants to move to lightweight

I think he should do it.

But I'm only saying that because I want Mendes to be champ and he doesn't have a snow balls chance of doing it while Aldo's there.

Why? You think Mendes can handle business with guys like KZ and Edgar?

Aldo would be too small at lw. I highly doubt he will move up from a division on which he's the king.

All of this is just talk.

how is he to small for lw when he kills himself to make 145 at such a young age?

edgar is actually smaller than him and can make 145 easy and he is a former lw champ

Can't say I'm surprised. Aldo was notorious for complaining about his weight cuts. You did not want to be around him when he was cutting. Woo.

I've been anxiously waiting for him to go to 155. I'll be thrilled when that day comes. He'll fight much stronger and heavier opponents

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I would call Aldo the #1 P4P fighter in the world if he managed to move up to LW and be champion.

Shouldn't be unpopular at all he is damn close to being number 1 now, he is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. The only thing he lacks (well more doesn't use often as when he has it has been effective.) is a offensive wrestling game which everybody seems to think needs to be used a lot to be well rounded

There are a lot of huge LW's for him to have to deal with. He is my #3 p4p best fighter on the planet right now. If he won 2 belts in 2 divisions he would jump to #1 forsure. But LW is so deep and loaded it would be very tough for him.

I think if he beats Frankie convincingly then he shouldn't have too much trouble with Bendo. And if that's the case then he'll probably maintain that belt for a while. Not sure if that's enough to put him over Silva in P4P talks but #2, sure.

There are a lot of huge LW's for him to have to deal with. He is my #3 p4p best fighter on the planet right now. If he won 2 belts in 2 divisions he would jump to #1 forsure. But LW is so deep and loaded it would be very tough for him.

Absolutely. People forget Jose is only 5 foot 7, and has a reach of only 70 inches in a division with huge LW's. I see a guys like Maynard and Henderson posing problems for Aldo. Aldo will face a much tougher time at 155 than 145. I am not saying he will not do well. All i am saying is that his road will be a lot tougher and he can definetly lose at 155. At 145, i see nobody beating him. It is comparable to GSP moving up to 185 and facing a tough time, being only 5 foot 10 in a division of huge MW's. GSP and Aldo are best in their own respective weight classes.

Jones at #5 P4P is a laugh riot. Be real, son.

My thoughts exactly, after seeing that I can't take any of his following post seriously...... JDS Over Bones? Hah!

Absolutely. People forget Jose is only 5 foot 7, and has a reach of only 70 inches in a division with huge LW's. I see a guys like Maynard and Henderson posing problems for Aldo. Aldo will face a much tougher time at 155 than 145. I am not saying he will not do well. All i am saying is that his road will be a lot tougher and he can definetly lose at 155. At 145, i see nobody beating him. It is comparable to GSP moving up to 185 and facing a tough time, being only 5 foot 10 in a division of huge MW's. GSP and Aldo are best in their own respective weight classes.

citing that Gray Maynard himself said he struggled to get Aldo down, he beats him pretty dominantly in my opinion, can't see Maynard's plodding telegraphic striking being effective against Aldo. I believe 70 inch reach is average for that division though his height's lacking.

I think Bendo would outwrestle him, against the others guys in the division he could win.

Just cant see it...

Aldo vs Henderson

First he must beat Edgar. I think this will be a very close fight.

I think Edgar beating him, he will move up instantly.

Horseshit. Bendo is 5'9" with a 70" reach, Edgar is 5'6" with a 68" reach, Jim Miller is 5'8" with a 71" reach and the "gigantic" Gray Maynard is 5'8" with a 70" reach. There are tall and long guys in the division like Cerrone, Diaz, Barboza and Njokuani, but they're the exception to the norm. What you're forgetting (or ignoring) is that Aldo is cutting upwards of 25 lbs. to make 145 and killing himself to make weight. The fact is that Aldo is a massive 145, and he'd be an average sized Lightweight.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I would call Aldo the #1 P4P fighter in the world if he managed to move up to LW and be champion.

nah that impossible to argue.Aldo will be obvious 1 p4p if he beat Benson...

and if Benson beat Anderson title defences he'd have best resume EVER.

Imagine beating : Cerrone x2,Guida,Miller,Edgar x2,Nate Diaz,Pettis,Alvarez,Melendez,Aldo,Maynard and probably more...

No way he could beat them all...

Aldo ISN'T too small for LW. If you have HARD CUT. YOU AREN'T too small for div up.

He'll be at LW by the end of next year. LWs will be terrified of him.

Back