Coach: Aldo wants to move to lightweight

korean-zombie-fueltv3.jpg

He's not beating Mendes.

Aldo will most likely hurt Edgar. The important thing is if he can finish him. I can see Aldo hurting him and he knows how to finish when he's got them hurt, just as long as his gas tank can hold. Otherwise, its going like his fight with Hominick with Aldo by UD or by being the first to finish Edgar.

The only Superfight that will happen in 2013 Henderson vs Aldo!

Are you incapable of reading, you nitwit?
It's at least a year before Aldo's Handlers will consider moving Jose up a weight.
Are you people that oblivious to facts, before your very eyes?

Makes me wonder if they will offically have him vacate the belt before or after the LW title fight. He could have the potential to be the first guy to hold two belts at the same time. People wouldn't like it though if it was known he wouldn't defend the FW ever again.

Aldo is already #3 P4P in my opinion. Moving to LW and smashing them would make him a VERY close #3, but still #3 (behind Silva and GSP, and if you're wondering, Jones is #5, JDS #4). GSP has just been too dominant against other dominant fighters. There's no really dominant fighters at 145 or 155. Bendo's first fight with Edgar was VERY close, and the second one was a clear win for Edgar. He's not a dominant champion. GSP and Silva are dominant champions, and unless/until Aldo achieves the same dominance, he's #3. But I think he'll end up the #1 P4P king when Silva retires and GSP begins to fade. Aldo is, at least in my mind, the obvious next GOAT.

ther is a lot of amazing fights for him at lw will be great to see, but in saying that there are still alot for him at fw

Aldo is already #3 P4P in my opinion. Moving to LW and smashing them would make him a VERY close #3, but still #3 (behind Silva and GSP, and if you're wondering, Jones is #5, JDS #4). GSP has just been too dominant against other dominant fighters. There's no really dominant fighters at 145 or 155. Bendo's first fight with Edgar was VERY close, and the second one was a clear win for Edgar. He's not a dominant champion. GSP and Silva are dominant champions, and unless/until Aldo achieves the same dominance, he's #3. But I think he'll end up the #1 P4P king when Silva retires and GSP begins to fade. Aldo is, at least in my mind, the obvious next GOAT.

how the hell can you claim that the first henderson/edgar fight was close then say that the second was a blow-out? you're either nut-hugging edgar or you're an idiot. the first fight was a much more obvious win for henderson than the second was for edgar.

actually more excited at Aldo vs Bendo than Aldo vs Frankie

Jones at #5 P4P is a laugh riot. Be real, son.

i think he should do a few more fw fights, because we finally have a rich, deep talent pool of fighters. imo the most exciting division.

i have noticed most fighters who talk about moving up rarely do it, or seem to talk about it for a very long time. if aldo were to move after beating edgar, and there is a very good probabilty of it happening, and he moved up and beat bendo, he surpasses anderson as #1 p4p fighter in the world.

After Frankie, he will prove nobody at FW can touch him. I think he can become champ at LW, but he will be challenged A LOT more there. I want to see it.

I think his competition will be a lot tougher at 155. Nonetheless, I hope he does since that will make for even more great fights. Bendo is going to have a tough time keeping the belt even without Aldo coming up.

He cuts a lot to make 145, this was only a matter of time. Hopefully Frankie takes the gold and sends him packing out of the division

He cuts a lot to make 145, this was only a matter of time. Hopefully Frankie takes the gold and sends him packing out of the division

He says he cuts from 165, if he can make it to 170 hell be an average size lightweight (benson, pettis and maynard say they cut from 175 so aldo wont be at too much of a disadvantage)

Jones at #5 P4P is a laugh riot. Be real, son.

A guy dodging the heavyweight division with 10-15 pounds advantage over most of his opponents and an incredible reach does not the best P4P fighter make. TBH, I don't think he's as good as everyone says. He's good at keeping range, and he's got good wrestling. His striking is unorthodox, but hardly technical. He's shown that he has very sharp elbows and not a whole lot more. He's a great fighter, but people worship him like he's a fucking god, and it baffles me.

So please spare me your condescension, you have your opinion and I have mine.

That would be a good move career wise if he continues to dominate at featherweight. I think he could be the champion at lightweight if he did move up. Aldo moving up would also open up the featherweight title to newer guys. I think the Korean Zombie would become the featherweight champion if Aldo moved up to lightweight. I can see Faber moving back up to featherweight if Aldo moved up to lightweight.

Back