Cleto reyes gloves

the older ones look like this

5612_1.JPG

the pics on the ringside site are of gloves that somebody claimed they were also fakes even though they look close to the original. you can tell by the base of the thumb. if there is a solid color line (that differs from the thumb color) separating the base of the thumb from the rest of the glove (mostly a black line) they are not authentic.

retr.jpg

reyes.jpg

note in the above two pics that the line going through the thumb base is different color from the thumb color itself. that means they are the newer ones as none of the authentic ones are like that.

actually the yellow one on the top may be not be the authentic ones either though

the older ones look like this

5612_1.JPG

Those yellow ones look a lot more like mine than any of the Ringside Cleto pics I've seen, and not just because they're the same color, but the first looks like it has that wider profile than the new Ringside Cleto Reyes gloves.

snc16707gj3.jpg

Yeah, from looking at the them closely I'd say they could be the same as the authentic Mexican gloves. Much more than the ones pictured on Ringside now anyway.

The bottom two pics of those red ones look totally different just by looking at the fist area, and you're right on about the thumb base color.

Yes, the gloves came with those laces already on. Maybe they shorten the laces for the ones with velcro so it doesn't get in the way as much when they're not in use.

After looking at the pics of older Ringside Cletos (the pics currently up on their site are the old ones, I believe), I'm pretty sure they're different from the wide-fisted Mexican market gloves from Mexicanfightgear. Those old Ringsides have the same narrower fist that their new lineup has. These gloves I have are the ones listed on the official Mexican Cleto Reyes website, Industria Reyes S.A. de C.V. , so I'd guess that this design is the traditional one and doubt it has been changed drastically for the Mexican market. I'm kinda making assumptions here though, which I don't like doing, so if somebody knows any different, feel free to chime in with any info.

I think those older model gloves from Ringside are still their own design, but their older version was probably slightly better than their new line since some people including yourself have had issues with the new gloves.

oh yeah duh lol i wasnt even thinking those are not the hook loop lol

heres some pics of the cletos i purchased from pitbullgear a few months back. i also took pics of my winning gloves to show the difference in profile. the cletos weigh 12oz (actually about 15oz) and the winnings weigh 10oz (9.95oz). I remember having a similar discussion with crossdx and asianvaletudo a little while ago, so i thought i should finally share my pics (btw, i've never uploaded pics before so if they don't come out or look extremely massive, sorry about that)

marc.jpg

marcspictures115.jpg

marcspictures119.jpg

marcspictures122.jpg

marcspictures118.jpg

the cleto reyes symbol is tinted pink/red from sparring/blood stains. I was going to clean it off for the pics but was too lazy; i don't think gloves are meant to be kept in mint condition anyways.

also, even though the winning gloves are about 5oz lees then the cletos, the thickness of the cushioning over the knuckle area is pretty much similar. it really does feel like your punching with pillows, craziness.

peace

Thanks for the pics, mfugee1234.

Really nice gloves, and I'd been wanting to see some pics of velcro Winnings up close, so thanks.

Those gloves both look exactly like mine, the only exception would be the weight and usage.

Did you say the cletos were 12oz? Holy shit that might as well be an 8oz winnings glove hehe.

No, Id rather you hit me with an 8 oz winnings.

My condolences to the families of your sparring partners..... you jackass :icon_chee

Way way way too much room in there. They are so nicely made though who wants to sell em???

nice stuff thanks for sharing. I need to post some pics of my 16 oz lace winnings soon

I need to post some pics of my 16 oz lace winnings soon

Yes, that'd be cool. You mentioned in the Winning gloves thread that yours were white. That means every guy who'se posted their Winning gloves has white gloves except me. LOL, I'm the odd man out. I wonder if white is more popular because PBF uses that color?

Yes, that'd be cool. You mentioned in the Winning gloves thread that yours were white. That means every guy who'se posted their Winning gloves has white gloves except me. LOL, I'm the odd man out. I wonder if white is more popular because PBF uses that color?
cool

I just like white as my favorite color period. SO much of my clothes are white, shoes, bags, and wraps. Almost all my handwraps are white. Sadly, it is a bad color to have as your favorite, especially for combat sports material cause they only go downhill from use. I am also happy that athletic tape is mostly white. I gotta say though the red winning gloves are nicer than other red gloves. I remember the winning representative here in the usa was telling me that floyd uses all kinds of colors. He had to order 16 oz winning gloves in turqoise, green, aqua blue, magenta, and all kinds of funny colors to fulfill floyd's order request. I think if I eventually get a pair of real cletos, I will get a white one too in 14 oz lace. In reality, how much heavier are the gloves than their advertised weight?

Are Winning gloves cheaper in Japan?
not really sure since the university supplied us with the gloves. But typically, most merchandise tends to be more expensive in Japan then other places. I remember we had a partially busted winning heavy bag, so i spent all practice giving left hooks to the bag until it finally busted open (thinking that the bag was 100-150 US dollars and that the school would just give us a new one). I remember one of my teammates saying the bag was 1000 plus dollars, but i just assumed he had trouble converting yen to dollars. After looking it up online i felt horrible; turns out winning products pricey wherever you go.

I think if I eventually get a pair of real cletos, I will get a white one too in 14 oz lace. In reality, how much heavier are the gloves than their advertised weight?

the cletos i got (imported from mexico) ended up weighing about 2.7-2.8 oz heavier then expected. I thought it was a fluke, but my friend ordered 16 oz gloves and his came out to be approx 18.8 oz

So if I get a 14 oz it would probably be around 17 oz or so? You said your 12 oz came out to about 15 oz? do they feel as heavy or close to it as 16 oz when you train with them? just in sheer weight not protection wise

to add to this heaping mass of name brand gloves, has anyone tried top ten gloves? albert kraus and andy souwer look to be sporting those when training now

So if I get a 14 oz it would probably be around 17 oz or so? You said your 12 oz came out to about 15 oz? do they feel as heavy or close to it as 16 oz when you train with them? just in sheer weight not protection wise

I guess my 18 oz Cletos would be around 20 oz then, but they don't feel as heavy as I'd thought they'd be. I think this is because the padding is so evenly distributed around the whole length of the glove, which is why the knuckle padding is much thinner than the other 18 oz'ers I have.

I chose blue Winning gloves because I had gloves of every other color they had available and wanted variety. I'm glad I did. Turns out they look really nice, better than I expected.

I have all 16oz gloves os I feel like getting a smaller one for sparring but still acceptable oz. maybe the 12 oz cleto since it actually weighs 15oz, close to the 16 oz

I just like white as my favorite color period. SO much of my clothes are white, shoes, bags, and wraps. Almost all my handwraps are white. Sadly, it is a bad color to have as your favorite, especially for combat sports material cause they only go downhill from use. I am also happy that athletic tape is mostly white. I gotta say though the red winning gloves are nicer than other red gloves. I remember the winning representative here in the usa was telling me that floyd uses all kinds of colors. He had to order 16 oz winning gloves in turqoise, green, aqua blue, magenta, and all kinds of funny colors to fulfill floyd's order request. I think if I eventually get a pair of real cletos, I will get a white one too in 14 oz lace. In reality, how much heavier are the gloves than their advertised weight?

White is my favorite color, too. Who makes white handwraps?

I can only speak for the imported cleto's from mexico (the ones that say cleto reyes, not hecho en mexico on the back) that the gloves will be close to 3oz's over the expected weight. Not 100 percent sure if the cletos from ringside.com will be heavier or not, i would guess they would be though. btw, my 12 oz cletos do feel similar to other 16 oz gloves. i compared them to the cheap 30 dollar everlast gloves, and the difference in weight is very hard to tell.

Back