Cleto reyes gloves

NoPain

Green Belt
Reaction score
Eya , i use twins gloves for boxing but i realy hate them for sparring and i dont got big hands or something ( some stats 5,7 , 165 lbs ) but the gloves it self are very big and abit to big for my hands also i use 16 oz gloves , so i was wondering how the 16 oz cleto reyes fit and if the size of the glove is huge also ?

I'm a power puncher thats why i want those cleto gloves.

thx

That seems to be the common complaint with the Twins - the pocket size is too large. I've never used the Reyes for sparring - and very minimal for bag work; but I do have to say, they have a real nice feel to them, and with hands your size, they'll wrap around them nicely.

Full Contact Outlet

Eya , i use twins gloves for boxing but i realy hate them for sparring and i dont got big hands or something ( some stats 5,7 , 165 lbs ) but the gloves it self are very big and abit to big for my hands also i use 16 oz gloves , so i was wondering how the 16 oz cleto reyes fit and if the size of the glove is huge also ?

I'm a power puncher thats why i want those cleto gloves.

thx

You want to actually fight with Reyes gloves or spar? You're not supposed to spar with them unless you hate your sparring partners because the foam is dense and hard. If you tried to spar me with Reyes gloves I would go from 60% to 80%.

Im your size and I have often had trouble with large hand pockets in gloves. I got 160z Cleto's and they fit well. I think they are a tad over rated overall but the pocket is tighter.

The hand compartment if even narrower in Winning gloves compared to Cletos, and they are a helluva lot easier on your sparring partner. They may be outside your budget however.

Thanks for the answers guys , i might order some cleto's , first i was considering grant gloves but they seem to be huge also.

If you do get Cleto Reyes, make sure you get the real Mexican Market gloves and not the Cleto Reyes gloves made for Ringside. There is a difference.

6caa_1.JPG

[email protected]

they have them with laces also?

Yeah, I'm getting a lace-up pair from Mexicanfightgear. He can get you them in lace-up or velcro w/lace, just email him with your preference.

Are the mexican market Reyes still unacceptable for sparring?

I would think they are about the same in terms of the padding being compact and dense. When I get mine, I'll try to post a review.

There is nothing wrong with using a new pair of Cleto Reyes 16oz gloves for sparring. You shouldn't be going hard anyways.

I know you shouldn't be going hard anyway, about 60-70% when sparring, but I hear that the foam on the Reyes has little give/cushion, & therefore isn't nice for your partners face and causes cuts easier than other gloves...Is this true? I eagerly await your review Cross, how long should I expect to wait?

The gloves were mailed last Friday, so I expect it should arrive later this week or next week. I've got a few other sparring gloves to compare it to, so it shouldn't take too long to assess its performance. I'll try to throw together a quicky review after the first couple of training sessions.

There is nothing wrong with using a new pair of Cleto Reyes 16oz gloves for sparring. You shouldn't be going hard anyways.

It's a different effect on your face due to the density. I have a training partner that just bought a brand new pair of Hayabusa gloves, and unfortunately he didn't realize they were the mma sparring gloves, not neccessarily smart for boxing. I was okay with the pace at which we hit, so I let him use them in the sparring session, and it was a noticeable difference. It's like going from a thick soft foam bat to a regular bat.

It's a different effect on your face due to the density. I have a training partner that just bought a brand new pair of Hayabusa gloves, and unfortunately he didn't realize they were the mma sparring gloves, not neccessarily smart for boxing. I was okay with the pace at which we hit, so I let him use them in the sparring session, and it was a noticeable difference. It's like going from a thick soft foam bat to a regular bat.

You're talking about the 16oz Hayabusa pro sparring gloves, right? I have a pair of those and made a short review a while back (which I haven't updated yet), and the padding does seem a bit denser and stiffer than the other sparring gloves I have.

Hi

first of all i am from Mexico (sorry in advance for the horrible gramma) and i train both vale tudo and boxing in separated gyms, in my boxing gym i oftenly use castillo and reyes gloves, in the vale tudo gym we use some very generic brand of mma gloves thats why i decide to buy some gloves for myself and i just found reyes has just started to make pro mma gloves and i am pretty interest i love how they feel and work in boxing,but has anybody use the mma version of reyes gloves?

thanks in advance

by the way i just saw theyre around 80 dlls on websites of the USA in Mexico they cost 600 pesos (53 dlls aprox.)

i couldnt make a thread of this, for some reason sherdog system is being an ass towards me.

You're talking about the 16oz Hayabusa pro sparring gloves, right? I have a pair of those and made a short review a while back (which I haven't updated yet), and the padding does seem a bit denser and stiffer than the other sparring gloves I have.

Yeah brotha, I definitely felt the density on my face. :icon_chee

The sparring partner was a guy I usually let tee off on me so I can work on being in bad situations, but I had to keep my head out of the way with those bad boys. It took getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back