Cleto reyes gloves

Yeah 14 oz should be good for a 140-135 pounder like myself, but coaches orders.

Ill see about getting pics. Ive got hardware but its got wacky accessories for power and data transfer.

That's cool. Those gloves really intrigue me now... wonder how different they'll look from the regular training gloves? Less wide is a given, but seeing how they handle packing all that padding should be interesting.

I'm no expert either at computer shiznit so I'll be no help there. basically I borrowed a digital cam and it came with a USB connector which I just shoved into my PC's appropriate hole and from there I stumbled through some menus and somehow found the right folder with the pics.

Just bought Cletos today

16 oz, vale tudo/grappling ones too

the 16 oz needless to say,amazing

now the surprise comes with the mma ones, they felt amazing,i love the feeling and how practical and tight they seem

soon i ll post pic and first review of actual use.

you won't find a better glove in my opinion, twins is a muithai glove and has lots of space for the thumb, I hate twin gloves they way too tight in my opinion.

Hey Kshaft, got an update on the Mexican Cletos. They've broken in and are much easier to make a fist with now, and the fit has become very comfortable. I'm really liking these gloves a lot. The hand compartment size isn't even an issue anymore, or at least not as much as it was in the beginning. I tend to ignore the extra space around my fingers since the wrist and palm fit is very snug. Overall, I still like my Winning gloves the best, but these Cletos are definitely my second fave at the moment.

Just got back from Mexico city,there was a lot of fun stuff there

found a lot of GOOD generic gloves and other gear, haha i actually found 90 pesos ( 8 dlls) Generic brand clothes that way superior to 30 dlls Everlast from walmart, of course i did bought my 16 oz cletos (there was no 18 </3) yellow, a blue "Nylon" Helmet and my mma cleto gloves, soon i ll make a review of all them, went to the original Cleto Reyes administrative directions,some gyms and to one of the biggest flea markets where i found good related stuff, soon i ll post pics on the thread and also will post review of the helmet and mma gloves : ]

Sounds good, PC. Looks like you got a lot of great stuff. The blue nylon helmet... that would be the face-saver headgear, right? The one with the bar across the face?

My 18oz had to be special ordered and since you found yellow 16oz available, I'm assuming it was because of the weight. Maybe they don't normally have 18 yellows in stock.

Sounds good, PC. Looks like you got a lot of great stuff. The blue nylon helmet... that would be the face-saver headgear, right? The one with the bar across the face?

My 18oz had to be special ordered and since you found yellow 16oz available, I'm assuming it was because of the weight. Maybe they don't normally have 18 yellows in stock.

Yes, the face-saver Headgear,in this one i need to mention there is two versions one is the "Nylon" version which still has enough space to hit your nose good enough to make it look like a taco, the second one is the "steel" version (both are actually made of Nylon, the steel version used to be of Steel, but cleto updated Both helmets,the issue with the Steel one was that it was too heavy apparently) the steel version will protect completely your nose but it has some Cons in the way too use it you have to be careful and "chubby" or Round faced people have had issues with it being annoying.

almost all of the gloves need to be special ordered, in the very Cleto HQ they don't have much of the gloves, you actually need to order them almost any kind of glove you ask for,specially when talking about 16's and 18's oz almost all of the Cleto gloves you order at the HQ are gonna be made as you order it and they ask you for a period of time to have it ready ,which i think makes it only more special, Cleto seems like such amazing quality i really love this glove.

in the MMA gloves,feels tight,great to the fingers,i don't need wrap for it, and i prefer to not use wrap on mma gloves which is a good thing, today i ll try to do some sparring with it and some rolling to see how it goes.

i ll make a thread soon to inform the whole reviews : ]

how much were the gloves compared to the american price?

Well depends a lot on the glove, but the difference of price is important and Big for some people

The price for Gloves with velcro for 16 oz is 910 and for 18 oz is 940 pesos

which translates into something like 910- 87 dlls at most, 940-89 dlls at most thats the price you're gonna get right at Cleto HQ .

i have the price for others if anyone is curious.

Hey Kshaft, got an update on the Mexican Cletos. They've broken in and are much easier to make a fist with now, and the fit has become very comfortable. I'm really liking these gloves a lot. The hand compartment size isn't even an issue anymore, or at least not as much as it was in the beginning. I tend to ignore the extra space around my fingers since the wrist and palm fit is very snug. Overall, I still like my Winning gloves the best, but these Cletos are definitely my second fave at the moment.

Thats great Im glad youre diggin em. If my finger/knuckle ever heals I may try to use the crazy Reyes again (Mexican Market ones).

is the gloves ideal for mma?

I hope you aren't asking about the boxing gloves :icon_chee

the MMA cletos are great for MMA personally i love the feeling i am a Medium and they fit perfect (5'10, 190)

if you want to see the MMA cletos in action

check Wanderlei vs Vitor Belfort

they're wearing exactly those gloves

Since we're on the subject of other kinds of Cleto Reyes gloves... do any of you guys have experience using the pro fight gloves? I know they're one of the most popular boxing gloves used by the pros, but it'd be good to hear from some users here who've tried them out, or actually fought using them.

Are the pro fight gloves from Mexico different from the ones sold in the U.S. at Ringside, like the training gloves?

Since we're on the subject of other kinds of Cleto Reyes gloves... do any of you guys have experience using the pro fight gloves? I know they're one of the most popular boxing gloves used by the pros, but it'd be good to hear from some users here who've tried them out, or actually fought using them.

Are the pro fight gloves from Mexico different from the ones sold in the U.S. at Ringside, like the training gloves?

I have use them a couple times for sparring (yes in the gym is regular to spar with reyes) they fit perfect,is not that different of the feeling of the average training gloves, maybe a little bit more compressed feel, thats about it

And just for the lols,i asked on Cleto Reyes HQ about ringside making sort of Knockoffs with just the brand sticked on them,they told me that legally Ringside is their distributor on the us, they Can do it if they want to,but Cleto denies any knowledge of it happening,But ringside legally has the rights to sell you their own version of Cleto and pretend they're the same original thing

Thanks for the information, Passion Crime. I wonder what gloves the pros in the U.S. use though? Do they get their Cletos from Mexico, or from Ringside? Because according to the website, the pro fight Reyes gloves they sell are approved by all the major sanctioning bodies.

Thanks for the information, Passion Crime. I wonder what gloves the pros in the U.S. use though? Do they get their Cletos from Mexico, or from Ringside? Because according to the website, the pro fight Reyes gloves they sell are approved by all the major sanctioning bodies.

aw i was in the HQ

i found myself in a couple hallways, one had as wallpaper mexican newspaper with things related to Cleto in which i got the idea and the very feeling that the Pro's order them from Mexico or they come themselves.

some pictures

DSCF2225.jpg

DSCF2227.jpg

DSCF2230.jpg

DSCF2237.jpg

DSCF2229.jpg

DSCF2247.jpg

sorry abovt qvality in the HQ they're pretty bitchy abovt photos.

Back