Media Chuck Liddell's delcline dont make any sense..

Come on! Chuck never even took a lot of cte punishment but sniffed more drugs then some cities in America. Now he looks like most other junkies at his age after that insane brain abuse. True addiction is a sad and horrible decease. If you have the money to mix drugs the brain never sleeps..
I'm not saying addiction isn't bad or chuck isn't fighting that, but claiming that chuck doesn't have brain damage after this?

upload_2021-5-18_17-59-15.png

He's been knocked out in pretty brutal fashion quite a few times. And who knows what his sparring was like, seeing as a lot of the guys from back then were killing each other in the gym. Even the one win in that picture was an insane brawl.

I just dont get it. He was my fav MMA fighter back in the early 2000s

He got me into watching MMA and UFC.

Looking at how he was moving going into the last "fight".. it just dont look right. Like something is wrong with him.

This was just a few years before the "comeback"

Nothing great. But not that bad either.. now compare to the training for his last fight.

I mean... What the hell?

Father time aside... This aint normal delcline IMO.

<31>

Probably was his wide unstable hips that cause his awkward movement. Also the coke lol

I'm not saying addiction isn't bad or chuck isn't fighting that, but claiming that chuck doesn't have brain damage after this?

View attachment 855690

He's been knocked out in pretty brutal fashion quite a few times. And who knows what his sparring was like, seeing as a lot of the guys from back then were killing each other in the gym. Even the one win in that picture was an insane brawl.
But no one ever got cte like Chuck ever except extreme drug abusers. Can you bring up one example where it causes dopamine response syndroms with Parkinsons like behaviour at his age without heavy drug use?

Looking at how he was moving going into the last "fight".. it just dont look right. Like something is wrong with him.

Nothing great. But not that bad either.. now compare to the training for his last fight.

I mean... What the hell?

<31>

His chin was cracked. CTE from years of taking blows to the head. Drugs / partying probably played a big factor as well.

Chuck was kinda like the first big star the UFC had. He lived like a rockstar.

Coincidentally his training partner from three decades ago is about to fight for the ufc title

Tyson is a freak though. Look at RJJ. He moves like shit compared to his prime.

That said, massive brain damage (he clearly has it and it started like 2 decades ago...), abusing alcohol and cocaine..... not a good combo for your brain that tells your limbs how to do things.

Chuck got old. There's nothing much more to it. He had a style where he dropped his hand and a lot of people took advantage of it.

I'm sure the partying didn't help, but you never know when your chin will just give out.

Even in his prime he got hit a lot tell it cracked permanently

I mean... What the hell?

<31>

You should let rashad evans punch you in the face as hard as he can, then get old and see what happens. That flatline KO has tremendous effects later in life. Dont forget to post overeem training videos in about 10 years. YIKES is all im going to say

@Frode Falch Same, Liddell was my hero as a kid and the first MMA fighter I really followed.

In addition to the substance abuse and age claims in here, I think a big part of it is that Chuck's didn't maintain his fitness consistently over the years. Coming off of nearly a decade layoff with inconsistent level of training, his body just wasn't ready to handle the level of physicality a fight camp/fight requires. It takes years for a young man to get his body into the kind of shape needed to be a pro fighter. Check's retirement seemed to have a lot more family time/partying with his wife than it did training.

And because age effects more than just your relative level of fitness (in the sense that you're losing cardio, flexibility, general mobility, etc), by the time he came back for Tito, I feel like he was starting at square one with getting into a professional level of shape. Tito has seemingly kept himself in much better shape over the years, partly because he kept competing at a professional level.

I think the Liddell that lost to Franklin was probably the best I’ve ever seen him look.

Don frye was sad to watch getting dropped by dog the bounty hunters relative too.
Yea that was Sonny Westbrook from Waianae. Hes not related to Dwayne. He was just Dwayne bodyguard and mediator when they went into the hood. Sonny was also a golden gloves champ.

Chuck's resume is aging really well, especially with the LHWs of the past 5 years.

I remember watching the first training vids released for his comeback and thought he wasn't showing his best, only showing the final round of hitting pads and so on. Then when I saw the fight it was sad to see that it actually was the best he could do.

I mean... What the hell?

<31>

He probably just hit the tipping point. The point where there is a sudden and rapid decline. Years of partying and drugs, getting punched in the head, and who knows what other genetic and lifestyle factors played a role. One day you are the baddest man on the planet, the next you are a 90 year old with dementia. It's the reason why so many athletes or people with extreme lifestyles die suddenly and too young. It's almost surprising that his body hasn't been found in a hotel room with a hooker.

I personally think Chuck is suffering from CTE. Sad, but that's what happens when you're a brawler. A Khabib type fighter will have awful joint damage, but his brain will be fine.
His father forbade him to spar due to this.
He only started sparring when joining AKA

Back