Chris Weidman Will Offer PPV Live Streaming of his training camp for AS

Hate the idea.

1) Sounds like something extremely conceited that Floyd Mayweather would do. If you'll pay 55 bucks to watch me fight, then you'll pay at least that much to watch me train.

2) As a business idea, it will be a failure. He'll be lucky to get a thousand buys and will probably lose the money they put into the idea (setting up cameras, web site or streaming fees, etc...). MMA fan wallets are already being stretched thin with all these PPV's. This one is just over the limit for most fans.

3) If he really thinks a striking genius like Anderson and his team can't use this to pick up tendencies, he's mistaken. Unless of course he's using it as misdirection to show one thing and then do something else in the fight. Then it's brilliant. But it's probably the former and not the latter.

4) If it was about the fans he would post a professional edited vlog that has entertainment value not unedited streams. No one has 10 hours a week to watch Chris Weidman working out. But it's not about fans....it's about money.

I wouldn't even download that for free and I am not saying this because I cannot stand Weidman. I wouldn't download it if it was AS either. Aintnobodygottimefothat.gif

Great opportunity ! i hope he gets lots of buyers. A champ letting u see how he trains and what he eats.
Thats why i love this guy

Cool, rooting for Anderson but i like Weidman, really motivating guy. Great perspective on life, focus and hard work. Gonna buy this one, try doing half of the things he's doing :)

Gotta milk it to the last penny while he can.

Might have a look. Seeing the elite's full camp, including workout details etc, that sounds better than TUF.

Wonder how Dana & co feel about this. Must have been cleared, but I'm surprised they'd let him do this.

Hate the idea.

1) Sounds like something extremely conceited that Floyd Mayweather would do. If you'll pay 55 bucks to watch me fight, then you'll pay at least that much to watch me train.

2) As a business idea, it will be a failure. He'll be lucky to get a thousand buys and will probably lose the money they put into the idea (setting up cameras, web site or streaming fees, etc...). MMA fan wallets are already being stretched thin with all these PPV's. This one is just over the limit for most fans.

3) If he really thinks a striking genius like Anderson and his team can't use this to pick up tendencies, he's mistaken. Unless of course he's using it as misdirection to show one thing and then do something else in the fight. Then it's brilliant. But it's probably the former and not the latter.

4) If it was about the fans he would post a professional edited vlog that has entertainment value not unedited streams. No one has 10 hours a week to watch Chris Weidman working out. But it's not about fans....it's about money.
So watching how a champion trains a multidisciplinary combat sport has no value to you?
How many people do you think buy MMA training dvd's? ive downloaded all i could to catch different techniques, different stuff and try to get something out of each.
This is even better cause he is actually training for a fight.
Dont care if it doesn't reach financial gain, if u r training, an amateur fighter or just like the sport you will find this very valuable.

I would only be interested in his nutrition and sparring. No way I'm spending 60$ on it though when I'll be at work for most of it.

If it was a budgeting issue, I'd skip a UFC ppv and watch this instead. Which again brings me to the question - how is Dana okay with this?

Lets not act like Silva is a walk in the park fighter, Weidman.

I truly feel like the rematch Weidman is going to be a little "brave".

60 bucks? That Nigerian prince's offer is starting to look alot more appealing.

Making his fans pay $60.00 to watch him train? :icon_idea

That is beyond pathetic.

Weidman has probably been been making decoy footage this entire time.

I like it. Seems like a cool way to gain more fans. In contrast against the checking on a choked out opponent.

He acts like he is doing it for his fans ,when he is really doing for his pocketbook. If it was free that would be different. But honestly, who wants to PAY just to watch him train. I gotta pay to watch his fight. Isnt that enough. Besides anderson is gonna knock him out anyway....JMHO

is that smart ? really someone...Anderson people will be watching him 24/7

anyway there will be illegal streams to watch Weidman camp

why are people mad?

is that smart ? really someone...Anderson people will be watching him 24/7

anyway there will be illegal streams to watch Weidman camp

why are people mad?

For 60 bucks they're not...that shit's ridiculous :)

Weidman tryna get on dat NY city hustlin' grind.

Seriously though, and people were talking about how Chris's ego wasn't getting blown up from KOing Silva lol. He still has a good shot at winning, but this is just stupid.

Back