Chris Weidman on Michael Bisping: "Anderson Silva would kill him."

On paper. Maia and Munoz looked awful.

Where has he shown anything suggesting that he would beat Bisping in a fight? He hasn't fought anyone with the striking (even though Bisping's striking really isn't all that elite), or the defensive wrestling.

it's easy to deride maia and munoz after the fact, but going into their fights with weidman they'd earned their positions in the division.

to be honest, bisping's defensive wrestling isn't great. he's been taken down many times, he's just good at getting back to his feet when the opportunity presents itself. i don't see him as a better defensive wrestler than munoz. sakara also has better striking than bisping, he just has no chin which is why he can't progress in the division.

it's easy to deride maia and munoz after the fact, but going into their fights with weidman they'd earned their positions in the division.

to be honest, bisping's defensive wrestling isn't great. he's been taken down many times, he's just good at getting back to his feet when the opportunity presents itself. i don't see him as a better defensive wrestler than munoz. sakara also has better striking than bisping, he just has no chin which is why he can't progress in the division.

Didn't Munoz come into camp at 240 pounds? And I thought it was the consensus that Maia was sick coming into the fight, but I don't think I really need to go there anyway. Watching the fight, he looked out of sorts and so did Weidman, probably because he took it on short notice.

haha! your delusion is only exceeded by your ineptitude. weidman would mop the mat with bisping and the same with belfort.
could you please detail how weidman ducked vitor? i didn't know that challenges on twitter were official.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-chris-weidman-but-the-all-american-declines

Yes fights get made by the UFC but the building blocks towards them getting made are often put in place by the fighters themselves and their management. And yes clearly Weidman wanted no part of Vitor, even though, as the article indicated, he needed to fight a well known contender to deserve a shot at Anderson. So he's either way deluded as to his place and ability or he's scared. I suspect the latter.

Weidman ducked Vitor because he knows he would have been smoked by him. Just like he'll duck Bisping because he is not on his level. So he beat Munoz? Big deal. Bisping beat a guy who smoked Munoz with one shot. A guy who is hardly a one shot KO artist.

so you're one of those silva fans who's just looking forward to the easiest possible match ups for him?

So you're one of those Silva haters who sees people who call it like it is and calls them "one of those Silva Fans"? Yeah, I think it's funny that Anderson fucks good fighters up like it's no big deal, but I don't consider some of the people that he's fought as "the easiest possible match up." Franklin twice, Vitor didn't even hit him really, Dan Fucking Henderson who beat everyone including Fedor no matter what stage of his career he was in, He made Forrest look like a punk at higher weight class, I don't care what anyone says but he beat Chael twice, and the list goes on...Oh, sorry I respect him as a fighter.

Maybe Weidman should have fought Vitor when he had the chance, instead of trying to get the easiest possible road to a title shot.
maybe you should learn what you are talking about.

Vitor challenged Weidman by Twitter when the ufc named Weidman the number one contender and was trying to set up a fight with Anderson. Weidman would have had to have been the dumbest fighter on the planet to not wait and see if Anderson would accept the challenge and the fight.

Vitor challenged Weidman by Twitter when the ufc named Weidman the number one contender and was trying to set up a fight with Anderson. Weidman would have had to have been the dumbest fighter on the planet to not wait and see if Anderson would accept the challenge and the fight.

And when it fell through he could have said I want Vitor then.

Weidman wouldnt be as big of an underdog as Bisping thats for damn sure. If you think otherwise then plz consider what type of fighters Anderson has actually lost rounds against.

Weidman wouldnt be as big of an underdog as Bisping thats for damn sure. If you think otherwise then plz consider what type of fighters Anderson has actually lost rounds against.

Damn bro he lost rounds... no way... he's screwed for sure because he loses rounds.

you mean when vitor was coming off a fight vs jones or when weidman was scheduled to fight boetsch?

It wouldn't matter when he did it, in fact the first thing on his mind come June should be Vitor. Vitor called him out, he should feel obligated to fight him. Hell they could even make that a contender fight if Vitor smashes Bisping.

Vitor challenged Weidman by Twitter when the ufc named Weidman the number one contender and was trying to set up a fight with Anderson. Weidman would have had to have been the dumbest fighter on the planet to
not wait and see if Anderson would accept the challenge and the fight.

Or option (b) he was scurred

Yep. I'll go with option (b).

It wouldn't matter when he did it, in fact the first thing on his mind come June should be Vitor. Vitor called him out, he should feel obligated to fight him. Hell they could even make that a contender fight if Vitor smashes Bisping.

i'd like to see that fight, and i think it's a real possibility.

Damn bro he lost rounds... no way... he's screwed for sure because he loses rounds.

It is impossible to ever win a fight if you never win a round and strikers never, ever win rounds versus Anderson. At least if you are winning rounds you are giving Anderson more of a fight. Something you seem more afraid of then most.

Or option (b) he was scurred

Yep. I'll go with option (b).
lol. You would have to be dumb as rocks to believe that so I can believe you would go with option B.

I could just see BJ getting a title shot versus Bendo and getting called out by a lower LW and you thinking he needs to take the fight versus the lower LW or he is scurred. that is dumb as a bag of rocks dumb.

I think Anderson would kill him. Bisping has a chance against anyone and can stop any fighter, but Anderson is just 'the guy'.

the guy? What are you trying to say Chris?

It is impossible to ever win a fight if you never win a round and strikers never, ever win rounds versus Anderson. At least if you are winning rounds you are giving Anderson more of a fight. Something you seem more afraid of then most.

lol. You would have to be dumb as rocks to believe that so I can believe you would go with option B.

I could just see BJ getting a title shot versus Bendo and getting called out by a lower LW and you thinking he needs to take the fight versus the lower LW or he is scurred. that is dumb as a bag of rocks dumb.

what happened was, weidman was scared to fight vitor, so instead he was working with his management and the ufc to go up against the much less dangerous anderson silva. :redface:

what happened was, weidman was scared to fight vitor, so instead he was working with his management and the ufc to go up against the much less dangerous anderson silva. :redface:

Do you know the difference between $100K and $20K?

No, you've never had more than 1K to your name so probably not.

Of course you have to win a round just don't act like winning rounds is more important than finishing the fight. Silva only won the 5th round in the Chael v Anderson I bout but it was only due to him actually being able to finish Chael off.

And LoL I know you're not implying that I'm scared of seeing Silva v. anyone as I've advocated every single fight. I'm a fan not on a ban wagon like some of us around here. Anderson could lose his next fight and I'd still support him for everyone of his fights there after. He could lose his next ten fights and I'd still say he is one of the greats. The real question here Sas is will you still support Chris Weidman after his loss or will you be onto the next best thing?

Chris, Rockhold, Hector, JBJ, Jacare, GSP, and anyone else bring em on!

i'd like to see that fight, and i think it's a real possibility.

I agree would be a great test for both fighters actually.

Back