Chris Weidman on Michael Bisping: "Anderson Silva would kill him."

Of course he would kill him. Thats the only reason Andy and his nuthuggers are trying so hard to promote him as the next contenter.

I get where your coming from but you need to ease up as Anderson hasn't lost to a wrestler in the UFC yet. So while they've proven to be a threat they still lose..

And tbh I haven't seen any fans say they prefer one fight over the other at MW. Some have squealed at the prospect of JBJ v AS but rightly so JBJ is a dangerous dude. I think it'd make a good fight but both fighters are champions in different weight divisions so /shrug

boxing was ruined by selective match making to keep top fighters away from opponents who looked like a threat. Pride had way too much of it. now Anderson and his fans push for it in the ufc more then any other champ I can think of in ufc history.

Anderson has not lost to wrestlers but they are the only one's who have proved any threat and as a result Anderson and his fans seem intent in trying to avoid them for easier stylistic fights.

Fighters should be careful with the word "kill" in their line of work...

Bad Karma.

Of course he would kill him. Thats the only reason Andy and his nuthuggers are trying so hard to promote him as the next contenter.

Im a huge fan of silva and Id rather see Weidman vs Silva but since its now out of Vitor vs Bisping id rather Bisping get the shot for someone different

yeah well he's not exactly going out on a limb with that one.

Bisping would beat Weidman.

Not even Sonnen could keep Bisping down, and Bisping has better striking than Weidman.

:icon_lol: is this the same bisping that was struggling with guys like jason miller before he gassed, or jorge rivera before a knee to the dome?

sonnen had no trouble keeping bisping down, it was when he tried too hard to advance position that bisping was able to create the space he needed to stand. when sonnen got his act together, he managed to get a couple of dominant positions vs the count. weidman, being a better overall grappler than sonnen, would undoubtedly do as well if not better.

I am pretty sure at this point Anderson kills the entire middleweight division in one sitting, only taking breaks to use the bathroom or to stop the fits of laughter at the pool of challengers presented to him.

now Anderson and his fans push for it in the ufc more then any other champ I can think of in ufc history.

I don't see GSP and his fans pushing for a fight with Nick Diaz to be that much more different. Diaz is coming off of a drug suspension, did not even win his last fight, and is a much easier fight for GSP than Hendricks.

With Bisping, if he gets a title shot, it's because he actually earned it by beating Vitor. That, and Weidman being injured helps his case for a fight with Anderson. GSP vs. Diaz is pretty much a joke.

I don't see GSP and his fans pushing for a fight with Nick Diaz to be that much more different. Diaz is coming off of a drug suspension, did not even win his last fight, and is a much easier fight for GSP than Hendricks.

With Bisping, if he gets a title shot, it's because he actually earned it by beating Vitor. That, and Weidman is injured.

i haven't seen that many st pierre fans clamoring for diaz. in fairness though, that fight was scheduled twice in the past. it's not too different from anderson fighting a belfort coming in without a fight in 18 months, and with no wins at mw in the ufc.

Silva is a horrilbe style match up for Bisping.

He's a far worse matchup than Bisping, and you're just hating if you deny that.

Weidman has the takedowns to put Silva on his back and, unlike Chael, the submission skills to put him in real trouble there.

Say what you want, but Weidman easily poses the biggest threat to Anderson at MW.

Everyone poses the "biggest threat" for a few weeks. Weidman is the match I want to see though. He will get crushed, but it will shut up the people saying Weidman has put fear into Silva.

i haven't seen that many st pierre fans clamoring for diaz. in fairness though, that fight was scheduled twice in the past. it's not too different from anderson fighting a belfort coming in without a fight in 18 months, and with no wins at mw in the ufc.

What I've read from GSP fans was them mainly trying to justify Hendricks being passed over for Diaz. He was supposed to fight GSP two times before, but failed a drug test. Fighters who do that don't deserve an immediate title shot, and I'm a big Diaz fan.

I can agree about Vitor. He probably wasn't the most deserving, but he did beat the former champion (at a catch weight). There probably weren't too many other options for Anderson at the time, either.

Call me crazy, but I think that Bisping has a chance...I'd say about 15%. He has great footwork, great cardio, and takes fantastic angles. Does he have the power to knock anderson out? No, but who ever has? The only time a kick has defeated Anderson is when he planted one in Okami's face from guard. Bisping would negate a lot of Anderson's reach advantage and could stay busy enough to outpoint him. It's actually his points style that benefits him, as he wouldn't necessarily being looking to go for the "kill" that headhunters like Belfort, Cote, and Leben go for.

Just a self bump from 3+ years ago...I'd still only give him about a 1/6 chance if they were to fight again, but if he could avoid the knockout I'm certain he could outwork him.

Back