Chris Weidman on Michael Bisping: "Anderson Silva would kill him."

Read somewhere earlier in the thread Weidman is out until June. That sucks considering the recent SF MW transfers, Bisping-Belfort, Consta (good win streak and just defeated a guy that was "maybe" in title contention) , and the marketability of Rockhold-Silva.

Would love to see Weidman fight Silva, just to see how he does. Will he win IMO he won't but I don't expect a complete outclass like the Okami and Bonnar fights. For a guy 9-0 he is a legit but (call me crazy) I rather see him lose to a top 10 opponent and not Silva. You lose to Silva and you brush it off but if you lose to anybody else it only gets you stronger.

The first rational thing Weidman has said in a while. I almost wish he would get gifted a title shot just so Anderson can slam on the brakes of this hype train.

Bisping's the easiest fight in Anderson's career. It's a gimme fight, and it's a waste of everyone's time unless they're the fight camps or the promoters making money off it.

Just like Anderson would kill Weidman and anyone else foolish enough to challenge him at MW.

Anderson kills Bisping, Weidman, Jones then Overeem.

I think Anderson Silva will win against virtually anyone he would fight. The assertion he would "kill" Bisping, is ridiculous. I have been critical of Michael for a long time, but what I saw against Brian Stann was a complete and adaptable fighter. I think Silva would win, but I think Bisping would give Silva quite a ride.

Anderson by whatever the fuck he wants against anyone in the division

Of course you have to win a round just don't act like winning rounds is more important than finishing the fight. Silva only won the 5th round in the Chael v Anderson I bout but it was only due to him actually being able to finish Chael off.

And LoL I know you're not implying that I'm scared of seeing Silva v. anyone as I've advocated every single fight. I'm a fan not on a ban wagon like some of us around here. Anderson could lose his next fight and I'd still support him for everyone of his fights there after. He could lose his next ten fights and I'd still say he is one of the greats. The real question here Sas is will you still support Chris Weidman after his loss or will you be onto the next best thing?

Chris, Rockhold, Hector, JBJ, Jacare, GSP, and anyone else bring em on!

I agree would be a great test for both fighters actually.

And yet strikers NEVER win a round. They are never even close to imposing any part of their game and thus having a chance to finish.

Wrestling based grappler can and do win rounds which means they have a CHANCE to impose their game and seek a finish.

Saying 'well Anderson beat them all' is not the point. The point is who challenges him more? The standup guys who offer nothing, can never win even a single round, and never threaten, or the wrestling based grapplers who can win rounds, impose their game and at least get chances.

And the question is why Anderson fans are so desperate to see him fight the guys who are proven to be zero threat while trying to avoid the others.

Bisping is the exact same style fighter as Forrest, Bonnar, and Franklin not much differences overall. So he is right Bisping is another easy win for Silva.

Bisping would beat Weidman.

Not even Sonnen could keep Bisping down, and Bisping has better striking than Weidman.

And yet strikers NEVER win a round. They are never even close to imposing any part of their game and thus having a chance to finish.

Wrestling based grappler can and do win rounds which means they have a CHANCE to impose their game and seek a finish.

Saying 'well Anderson beat them all' is not the point. The point is who challenges him more? The standup guys who offer nothing, can never win even a single round, and never threaten, or the wrestling based grapplers who can win rounds, impose their game and at least get chances.

And the question is why Anderson fans are so desperate to see him fight the guys who are proven to be zero threat while trying to avoid the others.

I get where your coming from but you need to ease up as Anderson hasn't lost to a wrestler in the UFC yet. So while they've proven to be a threat they still lose..

And tbh I haven't seen any fans say they prefer one fight over the other at MW. Some have squealed at the prospect of JBJ v AS but rightly so JBJ is a dangerous dude. I think it'd make a good fight but both fighters are champions in different weight divisions so /shrug

There you go again cuepee, talking about Anderson fans like they're a single entity.

Do you ever learn anything from your banned accounts?

Back