Chris Weidman on Michael Bisping: "Anderson Silva would kill him."

Lol bringing up fights 6+ years ago, reaching.
Lutter did nothing to Anderson while in mount and then got reversed. Sonnen did nothing to Anderson in mount either.
Weidman was legitimately rocked by a headkick from Jesse fucking Bongfeldt lol and let's not forget that horrendous display he had against Maia.

Oh wait, Weidman has the best striking in the ufc, best wrestling, best submission game... hell Weidman hasn't submitted ANYONE notable in the middleweight division

take that strawman shit out of here. no one is claiming Weidman is the greatest anything.

but he is arguably far more dangerous then Lutter or Sonnen from that top mounted position.

can he finish Anderson if he gets him in that spot? who knows. but simply saying he cannot is pointless. that is what fights are for.

I don't want to see Anderson gifted gimmie fights in his remaining pre retirement fights. he had way to many gimmie fights at the start of his ufc run.

Anderson has had an amazing career but the one thing his mw run lacks is is the quality of comp other champs have faced. getting another gimmie fight in Bisping would be sad.

If you think so, you should be willing to see Silva vs GSP at catchweight. But you do not want to see it...

I didn't read the link, but simply saying Bisping will get killed against Silva does not qualify as trash talk, that is just stating a likely outcome. That isn't putting Bisping down as a person or as a fighter; most would get killed by Anderson.

As to whether Weidman would do any better, my guess is that he could, but I wouldn't bet more than $20 on that at this point. If Weidman were to destroy someone like Bisping or Vitor, that would be different.

I think the winner tomorrow night SHOULD fight Weidman for the right to face Silva, that is only fair. Leapfrogging to the title is WAY too common in the UFC, add some more credibility and respectability to the UFC, things have slipped lately some.

weidman the most overrated mw contender to have ever graced the ufc...

spider would destroy bisping, but he'd similarly destroy weidman.

He's a far worse matchup than Bisping, and you're just hating if you deny that.

Weidman has the takedowns to put Silva on his back and, unlike Chael, the submission skills to put him in real trouble there.

Say what you want, but Weidman easily poses the biggest threat to Anderson at MW.

That's exactly what it is, though. A style advantage.

For Weidman to imply that he's a better fighter than Bisping would be ridiculous because he's done nothing to prove it.

I think Weidman is a great all round fighter, but I fail to see how he does any more then what any other fighter has done on the ground.
Carlos Newton is an absolute wizard on the ground, he failed to do anything on the ground.
Travis lutter is damn good on the ground, he ended up eating elbows and getting choked at the sametime.
Sonnen - strong wrestler, did nothing but pitter patter punches the whole fight, ended up submitted.
Hendo - strong wrestler again, did no damage to Silva.

I've never seen Anderson in danger on the ground at all in the UFC, and I cant see how Weidman is going to be any different.

Travis Lutter is like the Michael Jordan of jiu jitsu. Well, maybe the Kobe Bryant.

I didn't read the link, but simply saying Bisping will get killed against Silva does not qualify as trash talk, that is just stating a likely outcome. That isn't putting Bisping down as a person or as a fighter; most would get killed by Anderson.

As to whether Weidman would do any better, my guess is that he could, but I wouldn't bet more than $20 on that at this point. If Weidman were to destroy someone like Bisping or Vitor, that would be different.

I think the winner tomorrow night SHOULD fight Weidman for the right to face Silva, that is only fair. Leapfrogging to the title is WAY too common in the UFC, add some more credibility and respectability to the UFC, things have slipped lately some.

Maybe Weidman should have fought Vitor when he had the chance, instead of trying to get the easiest possible road to a title shot.

abit of an exaggeration there about Sonnen, Imo I think Silva let Sonnen take him down by not striking with him coz he wanted to submit him, but I know i'd be in the minority for this.

We haven't seen enough of Weidman to suggest that in my opinion. But I still think Weidman's striking would become a huge hole against Anderson's striking.

your last point is so stupid. Anderson is pretty damn good off of his back and has shown that against ELITE BJJ guys. IF you wernt such a biased BJJ fan, you'd realise this.

what a joke. anderson's bjj consists of holding onto his opponents until the round is over or the ref stand them back up. if he ever gets a sub it's from hurting his opponent with strikes first. he isn't terrible, but he isn't great either.

Whoever they put in front of Silva will be dismantled and considered a gimmie-fight, that's the reality.

who considers sonnen, okami, or henderson "gimme fights"? oh, right...your inanimate/imaginary friends.

The division is basically the same and some people will keep saying that the MW division is weak compared to other divisions. This is one of the reasons why GSP vs Anderson sounds so interesting.

who's saying mw is weak right now? i saw several threads just this past week about how deep it is. you've got weidman, rockhold, lombard, okami, belfort, bisping, jacare, gracie, munoz, boetsch, phillipou, etc.

Lol bringing up fights 6+ years ago, reaching.
Lutter did nothing to Anderson while in mount and then got reversed. Sonnen did nothing to Anderson in mount either.
Weidman was legitimately rocked by a headkick from Jesse fucking Bongfeldt lol and let's not forget that horrendous display he had against Maia.

Oh wait, Weidman has the best striking in the ufc, best wrestling, best submission game... hell Weidman hasn't submitted ANYONE notable in the middleweight division

your posts might be better if you didn't include such ridiculous absurdities which no one's even stated. and shouldn't the fact that lutter and sonnen were able to get mount on silva so easily be a concern? imagine what someone with a more versatile ground game could do (then again, you might have trouble sleeping at night if you do). :redface:

I actually think Bisping beats Weidman.

He has about as much chance of beating Weidman as Anderson has of beating him. In other words - a very strong chance.

That's why Weidman will duck him just like he ducked Vitor.

Better to make 100K losing to the champ than 20K losing to a contender. That's been Weidman's mindset for over 6 months now and with the hype he's been able to garner, you could say it's been
somewhat successful.

Weidman shouldn't be talking right now. Bisping is about to fight the guy that he "respectfully declined" to fight when he was called out.

It would have been him, had he accepted the Vitor fight instead of trying to get a free pass at Anderson.

Maybe Weidman should have fought Vitor when he had the chance, instead of trying to get the easiest possible road to a title shot.

stop it guys, you're embarrassing yourselves. i didn't know that vitor had usurped dana and joe silva's position. the only one trying to make that fight happen was belfort, and that's because he knew weidman was the #1 contender, so a fight against him would make him relevant again. if you honestly expect every fighter to accept every challenge from guys on the internet, you're moronic.

also, how exactly was weidman taking an easy road to the title? 5 straight wins in the ufc, 9 overall, 2 straight wins over top 5 opponents, 1 with only a week to prepare. now look at what vitor, okami, and virtually every other mw contender has done to get a title shot. if anything, weidman has had one of the hardest roads to a title shot, and he still isn't done.

That's exactly what it is, though. A style advantage.

For Weidman to imply that he's a better fighter than Bisping would be ridiculous because he's done nothing to prove it.

except beat better competition.

Anderson would murder Weidman, and Bisping would beat Weidmans ass in a fight.

He has about as much chance of beating Weidman as Anderson has of beating him. In other words - a very strong chance.

That's why Weidman will duck him just like he ducked Vitor.

Better to make 100K losing to the champ than 20K losing to a contender. That's been Weidman's mindset for over 6 months now and with the hype he's been able to garner, you could say it's been
somewhat successful.

haha! your delusion is only exceeded by your ineptitude. weidman would mop the mat with bisping and the same with belfort.
could you please detail how weidman ducked vitor? i didn't know that challenges on twitter were official.

except beat better competition.

On paper. Maia and Munoz looked awful.

Where has he shown anything suggesting that he would beat Bisping in a fight? He hasn't fought anyone with the striking (even though Bisping's striking really isn't all that elite), or the defensive wrestling.

haha! your delusion is only exceeded by your ineptitude. weidman would mop the mat with bisping and the same with belfort.
could you please detail how weidman ducked vitor? i didn't know that challenges on twitter were official.

Weidman wants you to know that your vice grip on his balls is starting to hurt.

Back