Chris Weidman on Michael Bisping: "Anderson Silva would kill him."

If Anderson Silva is in the top ten, bisping can't win

Both would be fun match ups but I was specifically referring to Sonnen/Weidman, if only to see how the grappling played out.

I wonder how the betting line would look.

i'd like weidman's chances via sub, but it wouldn't surprise me if sonnen pulled out a close decision.

He did it ten times, it's getting tedious. I'd rather see a superfight at catchweight.

at least half those fights were extremely low quality though (mostly because the division was so shallow). it'd be nice to see him vs the new batch of mw's.

But Anderson was never in any danger at all in the fight, Anderson wasnt rocked or anything like that. My point still stands he really did not much at all, not to the point where it effected Andersons game at all.

So your essentially saying to me Chris Weidman has no holes in his game? I find that hard to believe, especially based off of 2 fights, one against a guy that is now in the WW division.
I'm sure Chris' striking ain't the best which it isn't, and Anderson could even still submit him on the ground off of his back.
The thing with Anderson is he is capable of doing anything. and is very unpredictable.
Weidman is far from the perfect fighter you think he is.

sonnen didn't affect anderson's game? he had him looking like a fish out of water for about 90% of the fight. early on he was tagging him repeatedly, and later he was controlling him easily.

i don't see where anyone said weidman was perfect or that he has ZERO holes, only that he doesn't have gaping holes, such as chael's defensive grappling.

as for silva's chances of submitting weidman off his back: that's about has likely as weidman ko'ing silva.

Bisping lasts longer than Weidman and at least will look like a contender against Anderson.

Anderson treats Weidman like a retarded sparring partner for 1 round then submits him in the 2nd - just to prove a point.

Say what you want, but Weidman easily poses the biggest threat to Anderson at MW.

Which has been said about how many opponents now? If Anderson beats him, he'll instantly become overrated.

If Anderson Silva is in the top ten, bisping can't win

sonnen didn't affect anderson's game? he had him looking like a fish out of water for about 90% of the fight. early on he was tagging him repeatedly, and later he was controlling him easily.

i don't see where anyone said weidman was perfect or that he has ZERO holes, only that he doesn't have gaping holes, such as chael's defensive grappling.

as for silva's chances of submitting weidman off his back: that's about has likely as weidman ko'ing silva.

abit of an exaggeration there about Sonnen, Imo I think Silva let Sonnen take him down by not striking with him coz he wanted to submit him, but I know i'd be in the minority for this.

We haven't seen enough of Weidman to suggest that in my opinion. But I still think Weidman's striking would become a huge hole against Anderson's striking.

your last point is so stupid. Anderson is pretty damn good off of his back and has shown that against ELITE BJJ guys. IF you wernt such a biased BJJ fan, you'd realise this.

I agree with this. But I've seen Anderson against interesting threats so many times (Hendo, Chael pt 2, and Vitor were interesting match ups at the time of each), at this point in his career I'm good with just watching him crush people or fight GSP/Jones.

I don't want to see Anderson gifted gimmie fights in his remaining pre retirement fights. he had way to many gimmie fights at the start of his ufc run.

Anderson has had an amazing career but the one thing his mw run lacks is is the quality of comp other champs have faced. getting another gimmie fight in Bisping would be sad.

Whoever they put in front of Silva will be dismantled and considered a gimmie-fight, that's the reality.

I don't want to see Anderson gifted gimmie fights in his remaining pre retirement fights. he had way to many gimmie fights at the start of his ufc run.

Anderson has had an amazing career but the one thing his mw run lacks is is the quality of comp other champs have faced. getting another gimmie fight in Bisping would be sad.

I will say this for the 50 millionth time, Anderson is alot better then his resume suggests. Not only that but the MW div does have alot of good fighters, they just dont have that star power like the LHW div does.
Well if Anderson is not as good as you think, why have none of the small LHW's dropped down to fight Anderson for the title, oh wait..its probably a harder task then fighting Jones.

But Anderson was never in any danger at all in the fight, Anderson wasnt rocked or anything like that. My point still stands he really did not much at all, not to the point where it effected Andersons game at all.

So your essentially saying to me Chris Weidman has no holes in his game? I find that hard to believe, especially based off of 2 fights, one against a guy that is now in the WW division.
I'm sure Chris' striking ain't the best which it isn't, and Anderson could even still submit him on the ground off of his back.
The thing with Anderson is he is capable of doing anything. and is very unpredictable.
Weidman is far from the perfect fighter you think he is.
no one claimed Weidman was perfect so take that strawman shit out of here.

Weidman has not shown any obvious holes yet. if any one can find one it is Anderson. but we need the fight to see. not to avoid the fight as so many Anderson fans want while just claiming he would walk thru him.

I will say this for the 50 millionth time, Anderson is alot better then his resume suggests. Not only that but the MW div does have alot of good fighters, they just dont have that star power like the LHW div does.
Well if Anderson is not as good as you think, why have none of the small LHW's dropped down to fight Anderson for the title, oh wait..its probably a harder task then fighting Jones.

nothing you write in this post has anything to do with anything I said or think

I agree. Weidman likely gets killed aswell but atleast he has something to threat Anderson with. Bisping doesn't

no one claimed Weidman was perfect so take that strawman shit out of here.

Weidman has not shown any obvious holes yet. if any one can find one it is Anderson. but we need the fight to see. not to avoid the fight as so many Anderson fans want while just claiming he would walk thru him.

He got rocked by a head kick from Jesse Bongfeldt lol

at least half those fights were extremely low quality though (mostly because the division was so shallow). it'd be nice to see him vs the new batch of mw's.

The division is basically the same and some people will keep saying that the MW division is weak compared to other divisions. This is one of the reasons why GSP vs Anderson sounds so interesting.

and Anderson got subbed by Takase and Chonan and mounted by Lutter and Sonnen.

am I doing this right?
Lol bringing up fights 6+ years ago, reaching.
Lutter did nothing to Anderson while in mount and then got reversed. Sonnen did nothing to Anderson in mount either.
Weidman was legitimately rocked by a headkick from Jesse fucking Bongfeldt lol and let's not forget that horrendous display he had against Maia.

Oh wait, Weidman has the best striking in the ufc, best wrestling, best submission game... hell Weidman hasn't submitted ANYONE notable in the middleweight division

Weidman shouldn't be talking right now. Bisping is about to fight the guy that he "respectfully declined" to fight when he was called out.

It would have been him, had he accepted the Vitor fight instead of trying to get a free pass at Anderson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back