Chris Weidman: "My goal is to win the title in 2013."

At that time Bisping, Belcher, Palhares, Wanderlei, Lombard, Stann, Cung Le and Akiyama had zero top 10 wins. Besides Munoz beat maia who was a top 5 fighter at that point in time. and Franklin was not even fighting at mw. So you got Silva, Sonnen, Belfort and possibly Shields that could have been top 5 fighters at that time. It

Weidmans best win was a decision over Maia, who now fights at 170. Weidman hasn't done shit, yet he somehow deserves a title shot? Jesus.

Thales Leites' best win was a gift over Marquardt, who now fights at 180, yet he somehow deserves a titles shot? Oh wait...

Thales Leites' best win was a gift over Marquardt, who now fights at 180, yet he somehow deserves a titles shot? Oh wait...

Remind me how that turned out?

I agree, his fall will be big considering how much he has been talking.

You underestimate how fast Anderson haters move one from one fighters to the other.

These guys hyped Sonnen up for two years, and it took them a day to start looking for the next guy in line to beat Anderson.

Is Anderson retiring this year?

Weidman wouldn't get past Bisping.

Remind me how that turned out?

You underestimate how fast Anderson haters move one from one fighters to the other.

These guys hyped Sonnen up for two years, and it took them a day to start looking for the next guy in line to beat Anderson.

So should Anderson just not have ever defended his title? Would you prefer that.

It's amazing how many people believe in Weidman's potential. Seriously, I'm not mocking, why is that? I mean, I want a concrete reason.

So should Anderson just not have ever defended his title? Would you prefer that.

Is that all you managed to think of? Was it either Anderson fighting guys with little experience or no guys at all? Could you at no point during the time it took you to reply, think of an answer to that question that could involve Anderson fighting guys with more experience?

seems like it, no one is ever good enough to fight anderson!

You do know that Anderson will fight Bisping if he beats Vitor right?

Putting Anderson, who apparently no one is good enought to fight, on his 17th fight in the ufc, and 11th title defence.

Is that all you managed to think of? Was it either Anderson fighting guys with little experience or no guys at all? Could you at no point during the time it took you to reply, think of an answer to that question that could involve Anderson fighting guys with more experience?

That's not the reason you put out there. Leites lost so he should never have fought Anderson is your reason. And Leites didn't lose because he didn't have enough experience. He lost because he got a gift decision.

And experience is a terrible reason for getting a title shot. Experience is nothing without talent.

He clearly beat Munoz in the opinion of anyone who wasnt oxygen deprived at birth.

Actually I was oxygen deprived at birth, I was clinically dead for several minutes! Fortunately I lived long enough to watch Maia/Munoz, and in my potentially retarded opinion:

Maia clearly won round one, showing vastly improved striking
Munoz won round two and out struck Maia in this round
Munoz edged Maia in a very close third round

I'm a Maia fan and I wanted him to win, but I feel he lost a very close decision. I watched it a while back, and I've changed my mind about fights before, but that's what I felt when I saw the match.

Putting Anderson, who apparently no one is good enought to fight, on his 17th fight in the ufc, and 11th title defence.

lol of course he'll fight bisping, i'm sure he'll fight franklin again too.. bisping has no chance against him that's why he wants the fight.

He couldnt get Sakara down for a round and a half. Sakara just backed up against the fence and stuffed Weidmans tds the way Silva did to Yushin and Bonnar.

Does Sakara have better tdd than Silva?
Ding ding ding this man has a very valid point

That's not the reason you put out there. Leites lost so he should never have fought Anderson is your reason.

I'm sorry to break your heart mate... but that wasn't the reason.

I put it out there, to point out what happens when a fighter who doesn't deserve a title shot gets it.

And Leites didn't lose because he didn't have enough experience. He lost because he got a gift decision.

And in Weidmans case, we have a guy with little experience, and a gift decision had he gotten a title shot.

And experience is a terrible reason for getting a title shot. Experience is nothing without talent.

But we won't know how talented a guy is unless he has fougth a variety of different opponents.

I

Damn! That's more than Chris "9 Fights" Weidman has in his entire professional career.

I'm sorry to break your heart mate... but that wasn't the reason.

I put it out there, to point out what happens when a fighter who doesn't deserve a title shot gets it.

And in Weidmans case, we have a guy with little experience, and a gift decision had he gotten a title shot.

But we won't know how talented a guy is unless he has fougth a variety of different opponents.

I actually agree with the munoz decision. Controversial I know. And your on drugs if you think he didn't win the Maia fight. Beating two top 5 guys gets you a title shot in any division that doesn't have a champ not defending his title.

And weidman had fought strikers, wrestlers, and bjj guys. What more vvariety is there?

Oh come on Weidman, you and I have the same chance of getting past Silva. Absolutely nothing.

lol of course he'll fight bisping, i'm sure he'll fight franklin again too.. bisping has no chance against him that's why he wants the fight.

So what is it? Does he want to defend his title or not?

You have two posts, one after the other contradicting eachother.

I actually agree with the munoz decision. Controversial I know. And your on drugs if you think he didn't win the Maia fight. Beating two top 5 guys gets you a title shot in any division that doesn't have a champ not defending his title.

And weidman had fought strikers, wrestlers, and bjj guys. What more vvariety is there?

Johny Hendricks has three ranked wins, two with rd 1 finishes, gets pushed back in line for a guy who lost his last fight.

So what is it? Does he want to defend his title or not?

You have two posts, one after the other contradicting eachother.

He will defend his title only in a squash match. Does that clear it up.

Back