Chris Weidman: "My goal is to win the title in 2013."

There weren't/aren't that many compelling fights at MW.

For fuck's sake, we're looking at Michael Bisping getting a title shot if he can out-point Belfort.

Jebus. And then people say Weidman doesn't deserve a title shot because he doesn't have enough good wins? :icon_lol:

For fuck's sake, we're looking at Michael Bisping getting a title shot if he can out-point Belfort.

Jebus. And then people say Weidman doesn't deserve a title shot because he doesn't have enough good wins? :icon_lol:

this^^^

So you both are basically agreeing that Weidman does not deserve a title shot either, but since the division has no clear contenders, it allows Bisping fight for the belt if he outpoints Vitor?

I think nobody would disagree with you.

The problem with this is that Silva should not fight Weidman just because there's a lack of opponents for him.

Hype Weidman a little more. Give him more exposure.

Have him fight Luke! IMO that would be the best of both worlds! He beats A CHAMPION and gets to fight Silva as a reward!
I couldn't see better storyline for him.

Where did he say silva should wait for an injured weidman? Everyone has moved on from weidman and silva fighting long before he got injured because Silva was sitting out and not defending his belt.

I don't even bother to reply to Jack when he goes on his strawman slants. He basically is surrendering saying he cannot reply to what you wrote and so needs to make up your position and then argue against that.

OH, is Anderson retiring? If not, it wont happen.

No. The top three dogs in MW right now would be extremely tough fights for him. Sonnen, Lombard and Anderson would all beat him handily in my opinion. Weidman is a good fighter, but he is not a great. Get more than 10 fights under your belt and then start talking. Rewatch his fight against Maia for teh lolz. Oh, and inb4 'full training camp Weidman'

Hey what do you know...

Another Weidman thread, and another 50 pages of Silva's fans telling everyone he needs a bigger name, and any other excuse they can come up with....

I gotta tell ya....Nobody seems to be interested in Weidman vs Silva...

I mean it's only been one of the most popular topics on forums and in the media for months...

Remind me how that turned out?

You underestimate how fast Anderson haters move one from one fighters to the other.

These guys hyped Sonnen up for two years, and it took them a day to start looking for the next guy in line to beat Anderson.
Valid point!

Dudes, what is Weidman's title shot based off of?

He looked great against Munoz.

He looked like garbage against Maia, short notice or not.

And this merits a title shot?

Don't get me wrong, he can still get his shot.

If he beats Vitor, then I will say my protest is nullified.

NOVEMBER 2012 - Silva Plans On Fighting Chris Weidman

"I have two more fights on my contract, My plans is maybe two superfight, one fight George, then I dunno, maybe I put my belt for Chris Weidman?
- Anderson Silva @13:54

"I'm here for fight. If George no win, I dunno, maybe Chris Weidman?"
- Anderson Silva @7:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gTvFM18h3Q

nick is a top 5 ww, he was inline to fight gsp.. bonnar was a top 30 lhw and a gimmie fight for anderson.. pad that record up.

Please tell me how Nick Diaz beating KJ Noons, Cyborg, Paul Daley and then BJ Penn (who's terrible at WW) and then looses to Condit is No 5 WW?

Back