Chris Weidman: "My goal is to win the title in 2013."

His biggest win is Mark Munoz. He recieves way to much hype for a guy that has'nt stepped in the cage with a top 5 opponent.

His biggest win is Mark Munoz. He recieves way to much hype for a guy that has'nt stepped in the cage with a top 5 opponent.

Munoz was #3.

munoz was top 5 when weidman beat him.

Ahh well then looks like im an idiot then, hahahah.

Hope he recovers fully for his sake, but i don't see any reason to believe he would run through Lombard, Bisping, Sonnen, Rockhold, Jacare, or Okami. He'd likely beat Belfort, Stann, Boetsch,Belcher etc. and should be favored against them but not the others IMO. Beating Munoz was legit even though Munoz was injured badly before that fight, but it doesn't mean he is ready to fight let a lone stand a chance against the best fighter in UFC history. Why not have him fight Rockhold/Jacare and Bisping to get to Anderson?

The ufc dont have rankings. Munoz is not among the top 10 mws in the ufc and never has been.

How would you know, the ufc dont have rankings, remember? :rolleyes:

The self contradiction in this post is unbelievable.

How would you know, the ufc dont have rankings, remember? :rolleyes:

Its called opinion based on watching fights, very few people here would have said munoz is the third best fighter in the division before the fight or at any point in his career. It is not some amazing win because a website says he was ranked number 3 it was a win over an upper-mid level guy who many guys in the division could beat.

I'm sure that's every top 10 fighter (per class's) goal. Lol.

Its called opinion based on watching fights, very few people here would have said munoz is the third best fighter in the division before the fight or at any point in his career. It is not some amazing win because a website says he was ranked number 3 it was a win over an upper-mid level guy who many guys in the division could beat.

I agree.

Munoz might have been ranked but he's not top 10 skill wise.

With the state of the division at the time, he was top5 easily.

And you also say he was never top10 yet he was able to beat Maia who is a solid top10, or is Maia not any good either?

Munoz is not that great of a fighter but he was easily top10 at the time, why? Because its Middleweight.

He is certainly on the path and with a couple more high profile wins he will get his shot. I do think he needs to beat another contender, probably a veteran and not someone like Rockhold.

We also know injuries can set fighters back more than expected.

The guy has never not finished a fight when he had a full camp. He beat Maia on like 11 days notice. And he dominated a very good wrestler in Munoz (who was Anderson's wrestling coach). The hype is most certainly justified. His standup also looks solid (the timing on the elbow he dropped Munoz with was unreal), he has long reach, and solid BJJ. He seems to be the total package.

The ufc dont have rankings. Munoz is not among the top 10 mws in the ufc and never has been.

Munoz was in the title mix, which shows how laughable the division is.

Back