Chris Weidman: "My goal is to win the title in 2013."

Must...ignore...Weidman fans (Silva haters)....I like Weidman...must not fall for trap....

Weidman's fans are making me dislike him and that's unfair to a good up and comer. This guy has a great upside, and even though he ducked Vitor, it's commendable he wants to get in there with Anderson. He just needs to calm down with the whining, though. If he keeps winning, he'll get his chance.

But anytime good wrestling credentials are attached to a fighter's name, then it's "Oh yeah, he'd kill Anderson." Even though, as mentioned above, Anderson has finished all these wrestlers who were supposed to be his unending.

If Weidman gets his shot, and gets trampled, who's the next threat to Anderson's title? A 185 Askren/Fitch/Kos?

Weidman fans are just annoying, it's the guy himself that makes me not like him. Respect him as a fighter but the dude is irritating. And I agree he needs to calm down, I know he's excited about being at the top of the list but Anderson has 4x the experience he does.

Of course he'd want to fight Anderson who wouldn't? It's a win/win for him if he wins he gets the strap, if he loses he still gets paid more than he ever would have. Peter McNeeley stepped in the ring with Mike Tyson, we all knew he had no chance and that he just wanted a pay day.

Correction:

My goal is to get a title-shot.

Weidman isn't even close to deserving a title shot! I've never considered Munoz to be in the top 10.

Weidman vs Costa would be good.

He's rightfully hyped after the Munoz fight, though he could of just had an awesome night. I was definately not impressed with the Maya fight. Frankly, I don't think he's got anything for Lombard.

Charlie Manson, Unabomber and AS.
AS has collected more souls than those 2 combined :)

dana himself said munoz was #3, so at least someone in the ufc thought that.

Agreed. Was it only Silva and Sonnen on top of him at the time? Gotta remember this division has always been notoriously thin.

Weidman isn't even close to deserving a title shot! I've never considered Munoz to be in the top 10.

Weidman vs Costa would be good.

So munoz is unproven so you want him to fight costa

Remind me how that turned out?

You underestimate how fast Anderson haters move one from one fighters to the other.

These guys hyped Sonnen up for two years, and it took them a day to start looking for the next guy in line to beat Anderson.

That's not the point dumbass, retards like you saying he doesn't deserve the title shot based off of what he's done, when Thales did much less and got one.

Defended his belt in July against the guy who was "supposedly" gonna kick his ass, ran through him now you guys are on to the next best thing. Dana and Co. don't think Weidman is ready so why do you guys?

Who in heavens name did he defend his belt against that was going to kick his ass.

Bisping is willing to do the homework and face Sonnen on short notice, and now Belfort in Brazil.
Before you point out that Sonnen was a loss, that was a very close fight, and many people including Dana gave it to Bisping, so for all it matters it counts more than many lukewarm wins (cough cough Boetsch-Lombard)

Weidman wants the easy path, consistently fighting the most overrated fighters in the top 10. Let's see if he gets a true challenge next time.

dana also said he thought stann beat bisping. why don't you mention that? and if you're going to suck bisping's dick because he fought sonnen (even though he was scheduled to fight on the card anyway) what about giving weidman props for stepping up on real short notice and dispatching maia, the same guy who embarrassed sonnen.

Defended his belt in July against the guy who was "supposedly" gonna kick his ass, ran through him now you guys are on to the next best thing. Dana and Co. don't think Weidman is ready so why do you guys?

why do you ignore the fact that dana himself said weidman was the #1 contender? i'd post the video again, but you'll either not watch it or pretend it doesn't exist.

and did you tune in to silva-sonnen 2 after it was over? because silva wasn't running through anyone. the first round was a borderline 10-8.

Weidman should beat 1 more named opponent, then get his shot.

Maybe Vitor, Bisping, Rockhold or the now hype Jacare.

Lets make a guess that Anderson fans are arguing vehemently why Weidman does not deserve it but why Bisping does.

Sad, sad lot.

Bispings case = 'being around a long time' + 'losses to big names'.

When one Anderson fan stated I asked "if he loses to Belfort he is just 'around longer' and adds another 'big name' loss to his resume, so is he still ahead of Weidman" and the answer was 'yes', you clearly know how deep the fear runs in these guys.

I'm an avid Weidman supporter, but I don't think this is his year. I definitely think he's the future of the division, but his coming out party won't happen until late next year.

Weidman should beat 1 more named opponent, then get his shot.

Maybe Vitor, Bisping, Rockhold or the now hype Jacare.

i don't get it. why do guys like sonnen, okami, and bisping only have to beat 1 or 2 ranked guys in a row to get a title shot, while weidman has to beat 3? and let's not even talk about guys like leites, lutter, cote, and maia.

Id like to see he fight some other talent before fighting for the belt

You can't just talk your way into a title shot like Chael does.

I know people say that Anderson only fought once before fighting Rich but he was already well know as a Killer in MMA, trained in SICK camps, defeated lots of great fighters and was a Champ from other org. This is not the same situation.

Last thing I want to see is another phony hype promotion and a quick Anderson matrix KO which = another wasted fight.

Who in heavens name did he defend his belt against that was going to kick his ass.

Just for the lulz of it, maybe you were vacationing in July...

why do you ignore the fact that dana himself said weidman was the #1 contender? i'd post the video again, but you'll either not watch it or pretend it doesn't exist.

and did you tune in to silva-sonnen 2 after it was over? because silva wasn't running through anyone. the first round was a borderline 10-8.

When did I deny that Chris was the #1 contender, go ahead and put the video up again so I can get the exact second where Dana said he wasn't committed to a Silva v Weidman fight. I mean seriously I don't know how many times we can go down this road before it sinks in for you.

This is why we can't take UFC rankings seriously as just because a person reaches #1 contender it doesn't necessarily mean he gets the next shot. I'm not saying it's right but it's what is happening right now.

Silva v Sonnen II round one was a 10-9, it could have been stood up a few times if the ref wanted too. Watch Silva v Sonnen I for a clear cut 10-8 first round. And for a guy who was going to "Kick his ass", not making it out of the 2nd round is embarrassing. Maybe Silva's hibs were hurt after all in that first matchup :icon_chee

Back