Media Chris Weidman apologizes to Anderson Silva

giphy.gif

You were proven wrong and now you're sulking.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12...an-stops-anderson-silva-using-the-destruction
Here's more lovely real history of Weidman.

Learned it from his coach who was so proud of him:

Apologize and submit to me just like the previous thread you tried to talk your nonsense to me.

You will not be re-writing history here, cretin.

Any one making those comments should just move to a different sport. Of course Weidman knew the checks could cause injuries. Sivla also knew that someone doing the checks could cause him injury. They aren't that stupid. Should a fighter stop going for KO's because it will cause concussions? We should also make most submissions illegal because they can break an arm. This is a sport of injuries. It is the nature of the sport. Somebody is injured in almost every fight. The winner and their fans should still celebrate.

There was no need for any apology. It is obvious that he is doing it because of his opportunity to stay in the limelight to gain some fans.

Any one making those comments should just move to a different sport. Of course Weidman knew the checks could cause injuries. Sivla also knew that someone doing the checks could cause him injury. They aren't that stupid. Should a fighter stop going for KO's because it will cause concussions? We should also make most submissions illegal because they can break an arm. This is a sport of injuries. It is the nature of the sport. Somebody is injured in almost every fight. The winner and their fans should still celebrate.

There was no need for any apology. It is obvious that he is doing it because of his opportunity to stay in the limelight to gain some fans.

You're way off the mark, you don't even have a clue what the whole issue here is.

It's about the way Weidman handled the whole situation during and after the incident and that is why he is getting shit for it.

He's not getting shit for simply checking a kick, genius. Nobody on this earth has given Uriah Hall shit for it, why? Because of the way he handled it.

What the fuck. Dont apologise ffs.

He is delusional the same way Anderson and a million other fighters who stick around too long are delusional. That's not a reason to hate him
That’s delusional for fighters to stick around too long? Quitting when facing adversity isn’t what fighters are known for. It’s not over to them they just gotta get up each time they fall and with grit and experience they’ll overcome it as long as they don’t quit. You know, like Frankie Edgar Gray Maynard 3. It’d be delusional to think that in a profession where mental toughness, a competitive spirit, experience and consistency are needed to stay on top calling it quits would be commonplace to dealing with Father Time.

Last edited:
Awesome to see 2 HOF members talking and being respectful towards each other

That’s delusional for fighters to stick around too long. Quitting when facing adversity isn’t what fighters are known for. It’s over to them they just gotta get up each time they fall and with grit and experience they’ll overcome it as long as they don’t quit. You know, like Frankie Edgar Gray Maynard 3. It’d be delusional to think that in a profession where mental toughness, a competitive spirit, experience and consistency are needed to stay on top calling it quits would be commonplace to dealing with Father Time.
This. Born a fighter leave a fighter if everybody did what that idiot said way to many people would retire hitting there prime and acting like they had the goat career

This. Born a fighter leave a fighter if everybody did what that idiot said way to many people would retire hitting there prime and acting like they had the goat career
It’s some poetic shit. Same thing that causes a glorious rise to the top will be the same thing that causes an unforgiving brutal fall out of the sport.

The only difference is that one of them is for a sport where they purposely cause body injury to each other.

Have you watched a football game? You think they’re not trying to cause body injury to each other? LOL

You're way off the mark, you don't even have a clue what the whole issue here is.

It's about the way Weidman handled the whole situation during and after the incident and that is why he is getting shit for it.

He's not getting shit for simply checking a kick, genius. Nobody on this earth has given Uriah Hall shit for it, why? Because of the way he handled it.

I'm not off the mark at all. Fighters win by hurting their opponents. The knee checking didn't come into existence with this fight. He simply used it successfully against one of the best kickers in MMA history. He deserved to be proud of it. Celebrations are always fine as long as he isn't down in the face of his downed opponent afterward.

It was part of the defense strategy and worked just like other fighters have used it in their fights. Winning and causing an injury are one and the same in this sport. Some wins are more severe than others. Anyone who thinks fighters should go into mourning when their opponent is injured should go follow some other sport with less violence.

I'm not off the mark at all. Fighters win by hurting their opponents. The knee checking didn't come into existence with this fight. He simply used it successfully against one of the best kickers in MMA history. He deserved to be proud of it. Celebrations are always fine as long as he isn't down in the face of his downed opponent afterward.

It was part of the defense strategy and worked just like other fighters have used it in their fights. Winning and causing an injury are one and the same in this sport. Some wins are more severe than others. Anyone who thinks fighters should go into mourning when their opponent is injured should go follow some other sport with less violence.

Maybe you're on the spectrum but I'll try one more time for you to understand. It's not about the leg checking, it's about Chris bragging about it, signing autographs on pictures of it, not calling out Matt Serra for that infamous comment, posing with fans making a mockery of it etc. That's not how you go about ruining the career of a legend.

he built up a massive dose of karma doing those things and that is why eventually his spintered shinbone has stabbed his calf muscle with his full 200+lbs of weight.

So yes, you're off the mark. And also, don't imply others are sensitive when you're clearly hurt over people rejoicing on Weidman's karma. Go follow another sport if you can't handle that.

I think going forward. Fighters are not going to take disrespectful pictures from an injured foe. That's bad taste. Hall handled it perfectly. Like it is what it is. When chris won. He didnt have to celebrate like he won the super bowl. But I understand. It was a title fight on a new contract where hes making stupid money now. But in the future when this shit happens, dont expect the winning fighter to behave like they won the lotto. It is what it is. It's a legit win. But at the cost of someone severely injured for like minimum of a year. Like you wanna win, but you also dont want to put a man who fights for a living out for a year. Most likely this is a sign Chris should retire. Hes taken some damage but not an insane amount. Hes financially set. These guys just cant walk away. It's hard to quit something you've invested 15 to 20 years doing.

I think this is a pretty classy move by Chris. And I’m not even a fan

why does he have to apologize?
He basically apologized for two things:
1) For running around the ring and celebrating when he didn't realize Silva's leg was broken.
2) For taking selfies with fans in a "checking their kick" position, which he admitted was in bad taste.

Have you watched a football game? You think they’re not trying to cause body injury to each other? LOL

Look at all the rules about targeting.
Roughing the quarterback in enforced heavily.
You aren't allowed to take down the FG kicker or punter unless you touch the ball.
Look at all of the padding and helmets.
NFL plays have a clock that gives them a rest period before every play (unless it is the end of a half)

Go for Rugby or Hockey if you want to compare a contact sport with targeting.

He basically apologized for two things:
1) For running around the ring and celebrating when he didn't realize Silva's leg was broken.
2) For taking selfies with fans in a "checking their kick" position, which he admitted was in bad taste.

Autographing a knee check picture might be in bad taste in a sport where injuries isn't the goal of the sport, but it definitely isn't in bad taste in a sport where the point of winning is to injure your opponent. Otherwise lets stop being naive about the results of those TKO/KO wins. They do cause permanent damage that goes way beyond Silva's repaired leg.

why does he have to apologize? that's fighting. it sucks and all, but he didn't do anything illegal or act like a disrespectful cunt.

i see a lot of people confusingly attribute the celebration the first time Weidman beat him to the 2nd fight. but it's not the case. if you fuckwits actually watch the fight instead of jumping on the hate bandwagon, Weidman did a little run around the octagon immediately after the win with his hands raised, and once he realized what had happened immediately went to check on Anderson.

Maybe try listening to what he said

Classy move by Chris. I can't imagine a time where Silva's fanboys would ever be classy.
Hard to be classy when you have AS fans number in what like 4 or 5 on this whole site defending him against his haters which number 10-20 and they usually are the worst fucking haters in pretty much any sport

Maybe you're on the spectrum but I'll try one more time for you to understand. It's not about the leg checking, it's about Chris bragging about it, signing autographs on pictures of it, not calling out Matt Serra for that infamous comment, posing with fans making a mockery of it etc. That's not how you go about ruining the career of a legend.

he built up a massive dose of karma doing those things and that is why eventually his spintered shinbone has stabbed his calf muscle with his full 200+lbs of weight.

So yes, you're off the mark. And also, don't imply others are sensitive when you're clearly hurt over people rejoicing on Weidman's karma. Go follow another sport if you can't handle that.

You obviously read too many tabloid news articles. Half the stuff in them is fictional or exaggerated to increase sales or hits on the website.

Once again I will reply with the same comments as before with one additional statement. I strongly advise you and any other casual fans who can't take the injuries to find a new sport. You obviously can't handle it. The point of this sport is to injure your opponent. To not brag about the success of your TKO/KO/Submission is to contradict the whole reason you are in the sport to begin with.

I would also like to know why you aren't attacking all the fighters that brag about their KO/TKO wins. I would also bet they sign autographed pictures of KO's in progress. The damage is far greater (long term) than any leg injury. I suspect Silva had one of the best surgeons in the world to fix it. Head injuries cant' be fixed.

Back