Media Chris Weidman apologizes to Anderson Silva

Fighters get into a cage and beat the crap out of each other doing everything possible within the rules to cause bodily damage to each other. Somebody wins over a legend and they are suppose to apologize for being proud of their strategy and the win? When did Silva whine about Weidman's celebration? Should fighters apologize for causing blindness in eyes (accidental eye pokes)? KO's that cause concussions? What about those submissions that snap arms in two?

Let's be real.... Weidman is only apologizing because it will gain him extra casual fans due to all of the talk based on the irony that occurred. It would have never happened otherwise.

These two guys got into a cage knowing facts. Weidman broke a leg with a move that he knew could cause damage. And Silva obviously knew that leg checks could cause him medical issues as well. So it happened. A fighter should celebrate if their method works.

There are only two rules. Don't include injured fighters in your celebration (rubbing it in over a down fighter, etc). An apology is necessary if you do something illegal.

Weidman had no need to apologize - Stupid Sherdoggers should appologize for wasting our time.

Last edited:
He has the most psychopathic fan base as you can see from this thread. Anderson has always seemed like chill guy. His fans need to take note and stop being sensitive little weirdos.

Anderson doesn't know you exist. His fans are the ones that have had to deal with his haters, most of whom are white supremacists. That's why it's usually Fedor and GSP fans who have had it out for him from the start(most of whom are the same Weidman fans who started all of this). So the Silva defenders may seem psychopathic to some outsider but it's self-defense as they've been dealing with the most unfounded hate a fighter has gotten in this sport.

except he didn't you stupid fuckin idiot

Celebrating someone's broken leg isn't disrespectful now?

I'm glad Chris got his. If it changes him for the better as a person, good. But apparently it took the same thing happening to him before he realized how much it sucks.

But you haven't learned that lesson, so maybe some day you will

He has the most psychopathic fan base as you can see from this thread. Anderson has always seemed like chill guy. His fans need to take note and stop being sensitive little weirdos.
This isn't to talk shit about Anderson, but he did one time try to kill his coach lol. Not saying he's a monster, but just that most ppl in his line of work aren't saints and are complicated ppl.

A lot of people are going to find reasons to be a dick to Weidman, but I actually think this is dope. Seeing former competitors just shoot the shit with each other.

The 2nd fight he knows was a fluke he always knew but acted like it wasn’t that’s y he’s apologizing Silva knew this and being the better man cut him off I didn’t know about shinbone pics with fans but wow hate him more now lol never liked Weidman I think he was on roids his whole reign too soon as usada comes in he shrinks and gets knocked out left and right

Apologizing for checking a legkick? Or for that mini-celebration that lasted a whole 2 seconds?
You uninformed guy you. Weidman also did a post fight claiming it was intentional. He said he threw the check with the intent to cause a break which is hype however he feels bad as he should.

I didn't hear an apology.
What is an apology? What means more, the words "I'm sorry" or "I apologize" or several sentences that actually describe feeling terrible and expressing the spirit of contrition. I'll take the latter because its too easy to just say the words "I'm sorry" without really meaning it.

You've been clowned on this whole thread bro. "I demand an apology and submission from you." sounds very sad that you think you have that much power in a Karate forum.
I see a sad, sad person in you. You got bullied in life and need to come on here and talk tough to make yourself feel valuable.
You were weong buddy stop playing yourself. Dude is going hard on you but he was correct. Say you got it and stop being a dick. Now gou discredit your knowledge of the situation and cant swallow your pride.

Right when Silva started talking it sounded like he was bringing up fans calling his wins "lucky". He probably acted like a douche cuz of that and now he feels bad about acting like douche

Credit to Weidman for the late apology after acting like a douche. He absolutely did act like a douche with the interviews and disrespectful behavior after but people make mistakes.

I think it is fine that Weidman autographed pictures of a leg kick that TKO's one of the greatest fighters ever. There is ZERO difference between it and Tom Brady autographing a picture of him throwing a touchdown pass that wins the Super Bowl. The only difference is that one of them is for a sport where they purposely cause body injury to each other.

I didn't hear an apology.

What is an apology? What means more, the words "I'm sorry" or "I apologize" or several sentences that actually describe feeling terrible and expressing the spirit of contrition. I'll take the latter because its too easy to just say the words "I'm sorry" without really meaning it.

He did fully apologize, it just wasn't in the twitter video. The wrong part of the video seems to be cut out and used for this.

It should have also included the part where Weidman talks about signing the photos of Silva's leg break and posing for pictures with fans where he pretended to check their kicks.

That right there truly shows what a scumbag Weidman and his fans were(and his fans still are).

Back