Conditioning Stuff -

Warm-up w/ flings x20 and jacks x10

Squats x25
Lunge x25/side
Push-ups x25
Burpees x10

^Circuit x 4

Jump rope x 3min

About a week ago I was at my mom's and was cleaning and snatching what little weight I had there.

My right knee is fubar. My doctor thought it was arthritis, but the x/rays showed no bone spurs. MRI is pending...probably a year away.

Come on dude. If you don't keep it up they may start downgrading your log name to less impressive animals.

Yeah, initially it won't be too bad- 'Becoming the Elk' and 'Becoming the Boar' would be okay. But you're not going to be loving it when you get down to 'Becoming the Stoat' or 'Becoming the Civet Cat'.

It would make my name meaningless if they changed the animal of choice for the log.

For those who don't know: (which I'm certain is everyone) Aleksei Sytsevich is the Rhino from the Spider Man comic books.

I don't have time or energy for lifting these days. I have recently switched to the night shift and watch my one year old during the day, with the three or so remaining hours I sleep.

Hopefully everything gets sorted out so you can get back to training. I hear one year olds can take a lot of energy though, has your kid started walking much yet? My niece is in the crawling stage and she's pretty active. Once she figures out walking she's gonna be a handful.

It would make my name meaningless if they changed the animal of choice for the log.

For those who don't know: (which I'm certain is everyone) Aleksei Sytsevich is the Rhino from the Spider Man comic books.

I don't have time or energy for lifting these days. I have recently switched to the night shift and watch my one year old during the day, with the three or so remaining hours I sleep.

Although I consider myself a bit of a comic book geek, I didn't know that. I thought your log name was good before, now I think it is awesome.

I guess I understand your situation. The first few years with a new child are madness- minimal sleep, minimal energy for anything except the little one. I am not quite sure how people do it. (I have a daughter myself, but living in Thailand you have huge numbers of extended family who want to help out, plus you can hire nannies and maids and such like for $75 a month, so the experience is nothing like it is for normal Westerners.)

MRI on the knees is today, finally find out why it feels like I have broken glass in my knees when flexion occurs.

Chins 5x3
Pull-ups 3x3
Push-ups 20x3

Down about 25 lbs from when I was lifting.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was misinformed. No MRI, just a meeting with the doctor who confirmed that an MRI was needed. I'm sure the doctor was high and used laymen terms liberally and called me dude as I was leaving. He is of the opinion that I "probably tore some cartilage or something". It was all very reassuring...

Bunch of chins
Bunch of push-ups
Some DB snatches
Some DB cnp
Streching to finish.
Posted via Mobile Device

Squat

45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5x5

Press

45x5
95x5x3

Clean

95x5
135x3x5

I am so fucking weak.

From a few days ago --

depth jump - 20ftx1, horrible. Either that or be crushed by 2000+lbs of bottled water.

depth jump - 20ftx1, horrible. Either that or be crushed by 2000+lbs of bottled water.

Have you joined one of those new 'extreme' gyms where they use the threat of death or serious injury to drive you to greater feats of athleticism and strength?

Have you joined one of those new 'extreme' gyms where they use the threat of death or serious injury to drive you to greater feats of athleticism and strength?

Nope, just a mishap at work. I don't think they would start you at a height of 20 feet in the air with concrete below...that just seems unsafe. Oh wait, it is!

Clean

95x3
135x3

155x3x5

Squat

45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5

225x5x5

Still weak. I forgot how to squat in my time away. Last 2 sets felt like home though, easier and quick.

Clean

95x3
135x3

160x3x5

Squat

45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5

225x5x5

Press

95x5x3

Still low weights but feeling much stronger.

Swapped rogues out for chucks on set 4 and 5 of squat and felt much better with form. Last rep of set 3 was ugly, weight was all on my toes...gm'd the weight very badly.

Good to see you back. Did you find out anything about your knee?

Good to see you back. Did you find out anything about your knee?

Hope I'm back,my back-ed-ness depends on my boy and lady.

MRI is in 3 weeks for the knee. Much better than the 18 month window my doc alluded to.

Been cycling daily at high intensity.

Today

Squat
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5

225x5x3
235x8

Press
95x5x3

Clean
135x3

165x3x5

Good to see you're back. I hope the knee is alright and you have the time to keep lifting!

Good to see you're back. I hope the knee is alright and you have the time to keep lifting!

Thanks, the lifting for now is more to prepare for possible surgery I will have. I have become quite weak in the past 5 months. I hope to be back and better than ever (at some point).

Squat

45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5

235x5x5

Press

95x5
105x5
105x4

Hyper
+45x15x3

All in about 35 minutes. Recovery is getting excellent due to copious amounts of hard cycling. Squats felt ridiculously explosive with no knee pain. Will continue loading very cautiously though.

Press sucked hard. I can seem to do high volume on the press but relatively light loads are all I can muster.

Hypers to stretch hams, mostly. And to achieve swole and jakt lumbar musculature. WWWYKI.

Reply # 138

Squat

45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5
295x2

Press

45x5
95x5x3

Clean

135x3
170x2+m

Deadlift

135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3

315x5

Box Jumps

knee level x8 (20"~)
mid thigh x5 (27"~)
pelvic bone x5 (34"~)

EDIT: BW is at ~208 right now. Lowest I've been in over a year. Contribute this to biking everyday and recently going on vegetarian diet. Strength levels not an issue with lack of dead animals and I feel much better energy wise as well, plus I don't feel like a bloated whale after meals like I did when I was around 245 in January.

Last edited:
That's some impressive weight loss, almost 40 lb in 5 months. Any word on surgery?

Back