365x1
405x1

425x1+20 lbs pr

Power cleans

135xsome
155x2

*Appears at mention of yoga*

Don't tell Miaou. What style?

I haven't the foggiest. I really know nothing of yoga, I just know that what I was doing was called yoga, thus I assume it was. Sorry to disappoint. :redface:

Congrats on the deadlift PR. Solid pulling man.

Thanks, buddy. It was a grinder. No ramping though.

Dec 31 2010

BP

45x5
95x5
135x5
165x3
185x2
205x1

225x1 +10 lbs pr
235x1 +20 lbs pr

Power Cleans

135x4
155x2

Clean + Press

155x1 matches pr
160xfx2

160 is still a pr, I have never cleaned more than 155. It was an easy clean. The first attempt was near lock out, didn't push head through quickly enough I decided. Second attempt I was going to push head through earlier...didn't matter because attempt 2 did not get past point of pushing head through.

My bench press sucks, but is slightly less terrible than it was yesterday.

Progress has been good this year. I'm happy with it.

Start(1 rm)Current (1rm)

Squat 280 385
Deadlift 270 425
Bench 155 235
Press 95 155

total: 800 1200...not too shabby

Goals for 2011

BS 455
DL 500
FS 315
BP 315
OH 225

Progress has been good this year. I'm happy with it.

Start(1 rm)Current (1rm)

Squat 280 385
Deadlift 270 425
Bench 155 235
Press 95 155

total: 800 1200...not too shabby

Goals for 2011

BS 455
DL 500
FS 315
BP 315
OH 225

Amazing progress, especially on, well, pretty much everything. Your starting numbers are interesting, though. Was there some reason why your bench and press were on the low side and your squat so (comparatively) high?

And you're going for a 225 press? Sweet Jeebers. Planning anything special to get there? I recall the article posted recently about the press (byGlenn Pendlay I think) where the author said that to get his lifters doing a bodyweight OHP he had them doing 200lb weighted dips, which frankly I find mind boggling (as my dips suck).

Amazing progress, especially on, well, pretty much everything. Your starting numbers are interesting, though. Was there some reason why your bench and press were on the low side and your squat so (comparatively) high?

And you're going for a 225 press? Sweet Jeebers. Planning anything special to get there? I recall the article posted recently about the press (byGlenn Pendlay I think) where the author said that to get his lifters doing a bodyweight OHP he had them doing 200lb weighted dips, which frankly I find mind boggling (as my dips suck).

Thank you for the kind words.

When I started lifting, I had an extremely weak upper body (save my arms as I frequented curls). Stupidly, I would never train the areas I was weak in due to the fact that I felt ashamed they were so weak. I did not like the idea of others scoffing at my shitty presses (a catch 22 at it's very best).

My lower body was always stronger due to the fact that I was well over 300 lbs (probably close to 350) in high school, BW squats were no laughing matter back then. And as I alluded to my weaknesses being shunned, my strengths were worked often. Back then though, the idea of squatting was foreign as was dead lifting. I opted to leg press. If only I had heard of Rip or SS was I was a teen, then I would know that leg pressing was gay (according to Rip).

Starr has a similar article on building a stronger press. He would have trainees dip with over 500 lbs for 3-4 reps. That's incredulously impossible sounding to me. I have no real method I plan on implementing for these goals, other than lifting heavy and consistently. Plus, it's just OH. I don't care how I get it there just as long as it gets there. It will likely be a C+P as that is disproportionately stronger than my press out of a rack. I can only push press about 5-10 lbs more than my C+P and I've never attempted a jerk in my life (and don't plan on starting in the foreseeable future).

Plus, it's just OH. I don't care how I get it there just as long as it gets there. It will likely be a C+P as that is disproportionately stronger than my press out of a rack. I can only push press about 5-10 lbs more than my C+P and I've never attempted a jerk in my life (and don't plan on starting in the foreseeable future).

So when you clean and press, do you somehow continue the motion from the clean, and carry on into the press. When I am away from my Chiang Mai gym, I have to clean in order to press, but I clean it into the rack position first, re-set my feet Nx my posture (if I need to) then unrack and press. So as far as I know, there's no difference between my lift using the two.

So when you clean and press, do you somehow continue the motion from the clean, and carry on into the press. When I am away from my Chiang Mai gym, I have to clean in order to press, but I clean it into the rack position first, re-set my feet Nx my posture (if I need to) then unrack and press. So as far as I know, there's no difference between my lift using the two.

It's possible. I find it far easier to get a solid rack position across the delts from the clean than from unracking from stands. My clean and press is fairly fluid though and there may be some transfer of energy due to the fact the bar is already moving in an upward motion.

January 4 2010

BS

Prying for a bit prior to starting set.

45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5

225x5x3

BP

45x5
75x5
105x5
135x5

155x5x3

PC

45x5(hang)
85x5(hang)
105x5

135x3x5

Hang cleans, I do not like. Power cleans, I do like.

Easy, easy day.

Conditioning

1 km run - medium intensity

400m run - high intensity

40m sprint x 2

Burpees x some (too ashamed to post total) :icon_sad:

January 5 2010

Conditioning/Shoulder Health

Burpees x some
Mountain climbers
Jumping jacks

External Rotations
10x2 per side

Reverse Flies
10x5

January 6

DL

135x5x2
185x5
225x3

275x1x15

Press

45x5
65x5
85x3
105x2

135x3x3

FS

135x3
185x2

BOR

135x8x3

ZS

205x5x3

Bit of a mish mash today, had only planned on doing DL and press but was finished rather quickly. I decided I was going to do some FS, but I suck at those.

I did the rows mostly for shoulder health (elbows flared for rear delts) and decided that I don't suck at ZS and should have just done those in lieu of FS in the first place.

Some guy came up to me and was asking about the Zercher's as he had never seen them done. I quickly explained that I am a horrid at FS and these target most of the some muscle groups (except my pussy wrists).

I tried to start the next set when I got this very long story about how he injured his shoulder via bench monkey syndrome and has watched my form and he thinks he will try to mimic it (creepy, I have a gym gawker).

The guy also seemed excited about doing some ZS, then proceeded to go back to his rack and continue with his sets of curls.

275 x1 x15? What programming is this?

Also I had a guy ask me the other day while deadlifting "why you do dat?" "what is dat? what is dat for?"

Nice pressing.

275 x1 x15? What programming is this?

Also I had a guy ask me the other day while deadlifting "why you do dat?" "what is dat? what is dat for?"

Nice pressing.

I usually just get stares from the curl monkeys. No one has ever commented though. I can't find the website with the program, it's the same as Likkuid is doing though.

65% for 15 singles
70% for 12 singles
75% for 10
80% for 8
85% for 6
max

restart cycle with new training max.

I'm a little late but awesome progress last year. I didn't realize you were another Canuck.

If modena drops by, here is the deadlift program: Train The Deadlift

What progression are you using for your other lifts?

I'm a little late but awesome progress last year. I didn't realize you were another Canuck.

If modena drops by, here is the deadlift program: Train The Deadlift

What progression are you using for your other lifts?

Thanks, that is the one. Last year was pretty good, but I hope for this year to be even better.

Monday:
Squat 3x5
Bench/Press 3x5
Power Clean 5x3

Wednesday:
Dead Lift
Bench/Press 3x3
...really not sure what I want here

Friday:

Same as Monday

Monday and Friday both work for me, Wednesday seems off though. I really wanted to have rows and front or Zercher squats in here somewhere. Hence the cluster fuck from my last workout.

Squats are linear, adding 10 lbs per workout. Bench and press I'm taking a slower approach.

(weights are for illustrative purpose only)

Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4

M M M M
Bench w/s 185 Press 105 Bench 190 Press 110

W W W W
Press w/s 135 Bench 205 Press 140 Bench 210

F F F F
Bench w/s 190 Press 110 Bench 195 Press 115

As Wednesday is the only time I'm going to be doing something one week I decided to do it heavy, adding 5 lbs each time either bench or press falls on that day. M and Wednesday is also a 5 lbs increase, but week 1 F is also week 3 M. I showed this as a four week cycle, but I'll use it until I can't.

So it's linear...sort of.

oh, I wondered if that was the program.

You got it, sir. Singles FTW.

January 10

BS

45x5
105x5
145x3
195x2

255x5x3

Press

45x5