Chandler vs McGregor - who do you have?

On paper, Chandler is Conor’s best matchup in the entire top 5. A short stocky wrestler who frequently wings his punches and is often open to being countered, as demonstrated in the Poirier, Pitbull and Oliveira fights. With a guy as precise and on point as Mcgregor was in his prime, you could legit see as Chandler tried to bullrush him, Mac sliding out of the way and landing a series of left and rights on his chin with pinpoint accuracy. The left stabbing front kick of mcgregor is also perfect to use against Chandler, given that Chandler has a relatively square stance, so Conor could use it to gas Chandler out ala mendes. Prime Conor also had wicked TD defense, such that a 2 year layoff version of himself, did pretty well all things considered against the GOAT grappler in Mma.

the only weapon that Chandler could utilize effectively against prime mcgregor would be his leg kicks (which are very underrated). Even Alvarez caused mcgregor issues in the first 30 seconds with his kicks and chandlers kicks are way better imo. All in all, I genuinely believe that Prime Mcgregor would stop a prime Chandler in 2 RDS (something which both mcgregor and Chandlers mutual opponents in. Alvarez and Poirier agree with).

However, notice how I kept referring to Prime McGregor. The reality is this isn’t Prime Mcgregor. His footwork, speed, reactions all looked severely depleted in the last 2 Poirier fights and the reality is that with him piling on more muscle since then (+ the leg break), he’ll be even slower and less snappy in this fight either. His TD defense also looks kinda shot, with him diving on a guillotine as soon as Poirier had him up against the fence. The truth is that chandlers only asset which may have diminished is his chin (which imo can hold up well enough against a slower sloppier mcgregor) where’s all of mcgregors attributes have become 10 fold worse.

Also need i mention commitment and mindgames. One guy is constantly spouting generic inspirational shot and training like his life depend on it, while the other is sniffing the good stuff on his lambo yaught and getting black out drunk. As for the mind games, watch the clip where mcgregor pushes Chandler on TUF. Chandler is seen laughing in his face seconds after. Mcgregors strength when he was young was psychological warfare, and factually, it looks like Chandler is in his head more than he’s in Chandlers.

I know it’s a long one but in summary, prime Mac smokes prime Chandler, but ahead of their December fight, I predict Chandler TKOS Mcgregor or subs him in 1 Rd.

what do you think Sherbros? Who have you got?
Conor all day.

Chandler always fights dumb and he has never beat a top5 UFC guy. I think mcgregor picks him apart in two rounds.

Chandler. He is living the Martial Artists lifestyle, throws bombs and can wrestle. However, just so I am being very clear; Chandler is the only one who can defeat himself in this matchup.

When he started boxing and moved away from the "karate" style, thats when he lost it IMO.

Chandler is the type of fighter that OG Conor would traditionally beat. But that Conor doesn't exist as far as I know. So for me it's probably going to be a Chandler W.

Reactions: mkt
On paper, Chandler is Conor’s best matchup in the entire top 5. A short stocky wrestler who frequently wings his punches and is often open to being countered, as demonstrated in the Poirier, Pitbull and Oliveira fights. With a guy as precise and on point as Mcgregor was in his prime, you could legit see as Chandler tried to bullrush him, Mac sliding out of the way and landing a series of left and rights on his chin with pinpoint accuracy. The left stabbing front kick of mcgregor is also perfect to use against Chandler, given that Chandler has a relatively square stance, so Conor could use it to gas Chandler out ala mendes. Prime Conor also had wicked TD defense, such that a 2 year layoff version of himself, did pretty well all things considered against the GOAT grappler in Mma.

the only weapon that Chandler could utilize effectively against prime mcgregor would be his leg kicks (which are very underrated). Even Alvarez caused mcgregor issues in the first 30 seconds with his kicks and chandlers kicks are way better imo. All in all, I genuinely believe that Prime Mcgregor would stop a prime Chandler in 2 RDS (something which both mcgregor and Chandlers mutual opponents in. Alvarez and Poirier agree with).

However, notice how I kept referring to Prime McGregor. The reality is this isn’t Prime Mcgregor. His footwork, speed, reactions all looked severely depleted in the last 2 Poirier fights and the reality is that with him piling on more muscle since then (+ the leg break), he’ll be even slower and less snappy in this fight either. His TD defense also looks kinda shot, with him diving on a guillotine as soon as Poirier had him up against the fence. The truth is that chandlers only asset which may have diminished is his chin (which imo can hold up well enough against a slower sloppier mcgregor) where’s all of mcgregors attributes have become 10 fold worse.

Also need i mention commitment and mindgames. One guy is constantly spouting generic inspirational shot and training like his life depend on it, while the other is sniffing the good stuff on his lambo yaught and getting black out drunk. As for the mind games, watch the clip where mcgregor pushes Chandler on TUF. Chandler is seen laughing in his face seconds after. Mcgregors strength when he was young was psychological warfare, and factually, it looks like Chandler is in his head more than he’s in Chandlers.

I know it’s a long one but in summary, prime Mac smokes prime Chandler, but ahead of their December fight, I predict Chandler TKOS Mcgregor or subs him in 1 Rd.

Very winnable fight for Conor seeing as chandler has some of the worst fight IQ I have ever witnessed in a so called elite fighter .

I'd say Chandler is an easy bet but then again he is a company man and Conor is the man the company likes to sacrifice its integrity for so Chandler might very well throw the fight.

If I was certain Chandler would not throw the fight I'd bet the house considering no one has ever won a fight coming back from a leg break (correct me if I'm wrong... and yeah Anderson didn't win per wikipedia). But I'm not at all confident that he won't throw it.
IF this fight happens this is quite literally my biggest concern. Chandler is a company man, and I think he’s playing the long game. As in trying to get some post fighting career gig with the UFC. And I can’t fault the guy for that. Pretty much everything he’s done since coming over has pleased the company. I’m surprised it took this many replies for someone to say it. And it would come off as totally plausible to the casuals.

You couldn’t pay me to bet on this fight if it happens.

Chandler is the type of fighter that OG Conor would traditionally beat. But that Conor doesn't exist as far as I know. So for me it's probably going to be a Chandler W.
Yeah, as I said earlier, if Conor had the same dedication to the sport that Chandler did (lots of training, solid nutrition/sleep/lifestyle, little to no alcohol and no recreational drugs, etc.) I think he'd be the better fighter at this point. But while Conor is 3 years younger, the abuse his body has taken (more from drugs/partying than MMA) is probably much more than Chandler, who's takes ice baths while Conor snorts coke.

I got Chandler, he has flaws but Conor is so inactive and hasn't won in a long time and is also coming off a broken leg, plus he has his mind on too many things and seems to be opening a new business every other month and getting involved with something else. I think he is half in on it all.

I could see Conor winning the 1st round and maybe a little of the 2nd round, but then he will just wilt and wilt and get gassy probably and Chandler will finish him, once Conor starts to wilt he will give in

I'll take the guy who has actively competed with the current top 5 vs the guy who has 1 win in 7 years.

Agree with the Chandler analysis. He’s a beast. He’s vulnerable (obviously) but if you don’t hurt him back he’s gonna run you over.

I just have no idea what to expect from McGregor.

Conor was washed BEFORE that injury and more time off and more booze, so...

Chandler will win a potential fight.
People who pick Conor are crazy.
Chandler is twice as fast as Conor right now. Conor won’t get out of the way when Chandler closes the distance with a blitz. conor is flat footed and slow right now.
If Chandler touches him once. Conor will fold. poirier touched Conor one time when coming in. Conor immediately folded. Chandler is way faster than Poirier.
he will knock Conor out. that’s not because Michael Chandler is great. It’s because Conor is a washed up fighter.

Never quite get this take. Loses to Khabib but steals a round, loses to Dustin but is competitive who's top 1-2 LW's in the world at any given time so he's washed. lol

Khabib fight was 5 years ago. He looked good in that one. Didn't against Poirier.

Fight’s prob not going to happen and even if it does, who cares?!
Anyways, hypothetically speaking, I hope Chandler grounds and pounds Conor’s head up his own ass.

It’s so hard to tell if McGregor’s cheese has slid off his cracker

On paper, Chandler is Conor’s best matchup in the entire top 5.
Agree
However, notice how I kept referring to Prime McGregor. The reality is this isn’t Prime Mcgregor. His footwork, speed, reactions all looked severely depleted in the last 2 Poirier fights
Disagree. Conor has looked just as good or better in all of his fights. This is just a fangirl myth to explain loses caused by the same weaknesses he's always had. If this fight ever actually happens, expect McGregor to do what McGregor does vs. Midget brawlers, since Chandler is way over ranked for his skill set and record, and all in on being a company man and putting on 'exciting' fights eg. standing in front of his opponent and brawling.

I'd love to see Conor get knocked unconscious, but unless he actually does decline to a level we haven't actually seen yet, he will likely just be blasting Chandler in the dome from like a mile away.

coin toss, slightly leaning chandler. someone dies in the first 7 minutes or so, of that i'm sure. im betting my whole bankroll on the unders for this fight.

I think Chandler fights the winner of Poirier and Gaethje.

Last edited:
Back