Chad Mendes Latest Quote Doesn't Make Mathematical Sense

Chad needs to shut up, If he ever does get a rematch he needs to understand that Conor will have 3 months of training specifically for a wrestler, he knows it...everyone knows it.

Sure Conor was more well trained to last 5 rds, but not v a wrestler...vs Aldo completely different fighter, Chad would lose the rematch, he knows it everyone knows it...hes just opening his mouth for another 500k paycheck hope.

Mendes needs to focus on Edgar...because imo he loses that fight 10/10 times.

We're not debating whether Mendes is a pro, or not. Mendes had to prepare for a 5-round fight against McGregor.

A short camp is not going to cut it to fight 5 rounds against someone like McGregor.

What does 5 rounds have to do with him gassing in 1 round?

Chad's acting like a whining child but I do technically agree with what he is saying. Regardless of McGregor's skills, his body shots, his style, etc., you can't watch that fight and then watch Mendes/Aldo 2 or Mendes/Lamas or really any of his past 5 or so fights and say "yeah looks like the same guy". Chad seemed to know right away that he didn't have the gas tank to move the way he normally does. Unless you truly believe that with one spinning back kick, McGregor zapped this world-class athlete of all his energy :rolleyes:

Acknowledging that Mendes was far from 100% does not = hating McGregor. McGregor's striking was awesome. But if you think a fight between McGregor and the Mendes that fought Aldo would go the same as UFC189 then you are nuts.

P.S. McGregor is my favorite fighter

I think the rematch would be a pick 'em fight.

I would give Mendes a great chance if it's a 15 minute fight where Conor is coming of a devastating loss and Chad is coming off a great win. If it's a 25 minute fight with both guys coming off a win and a full camp, I pick Conor without a doubt.

TS, do you workout? Anyone who has ever started a workout plan knows that it takes 2-3 weeks to even get your body primed and ready to go...everyone who has ever taken time off from the gym knows this...it takes a while just to get conditioned. It takes 2-3 weeks just to get ready to train hard.

Please stop pretending you've ever been near the shape Chad was in or have got any clue what it's like.

If what you'e saying is fact, no fighter would ever accept an opportunity like this.

I wish Chad made this one quote, made it after the fight, then never said anything about the fight again. It would have been his best quote and nothing more would have been needed. Instead it just feels like something he said after like a dozen other things he said because he can't stop talking about it and is completely rattled. And when you make like a dozen different comments, there is no way to shake the perception that he's making excuses. Even though I absolutely agree. Not the 10 for 10 part but I think he has the skill-set to be the favored fighter

What does 5 rounds have to do with him gassing in 1 round?

You mean the first round, that he won?

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to the theme of mathematical cardio improvement with training time. According to this thread, gains increase linearly with the natural log of camp length and the number of pubes in your breakfast cereal or some shit.

Last edited:
I would give Mendes a great chance if it's a 15 minute fight where Conor is coming of a devastating loss and Chad is coming off a great win. If it's a 25 minute fight with both guys coming off a win and a full camp, I pick Conor without a doubt.

If Conor is still making the same enormous weight cut, I think a 5-rounder would actually favor Mendes. But I'll reserve judgment until we see McGregor/Aldo and Mendes/Frankie.

Connor can't wrestle. Say what you will about gas tanks and camp length and all that shit. Conner couldn't stop a Mendes takedown to save his life.

If you honestly don't think that the rematch is a toss-up at best, you're probably retarded.
What the hell is "a toss up at best" supposed to mean, anyway. Mathematically, you are neck-in-neck with the OP, I think. :D

I gave Mendes a lot of credit on this board before he fought MacGregor, but he got his ass beat. Yeah, I know, wrestlingwrestling, blahblahblah, but plain and simple, Mendes got his ass beat in that fight.

Mendes would lose a rematch with MacGregor.

Mendes is going to lose to Edgar.

You mean the first round, that he won?

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to the theme of mathematical cardio improvement with training time. According to this thread, gains increase linearly with the natural log of camp length and the number of pubes in your breakfast cereal or some shit.

The first round he was starting to gas in. Him winning or losing the round literally has nothing to do with whether he was visibly gassing.

This thread is mathematically stupid. I won't provide any supporting evidence, I just love using mathematically in a sentence.

Please stop pretending you've ever been near the shape Chad was in or have got any clue what it's like.

If what you'e saying is fact, no fighter would ever accept an opportunity like this.

For half a million guaranteed? I think every fighter would. Especially if there highest 'to-show' pay has been like 70k. You never know with injuries what may happen. Even with his win bonuses (less than his to-show) this fight was worth like 5 wins for him in pay. That's like 2 years pay without the training camps or risks..guaranteed.

Although I think there is a flip-side that says you aren't allowed to just bitch non-stop after when you know the reason the pay was that high was because they needed him to help save the event on short-notice once Conor no longer had an opponent. And i haven't heard much from Conor on it. I do think in part it is because he knows other fighters know how significant the difference is between what chad had and a full camp. But he still could rub it in and he hasn't. This is on Chad. If you don't have a problem with taking the short-notice paycheck then you can't bitch much about the short-notice loss.

We're not debating whether Mendes is a pro, or not. Mendes had to prepare for a 5-round fight against McGregor.

A short camp is not going to cut it to fight 5 rounds against someone like McGregor.

Chad was wrecked and winded after the first round. I guess he wasn't in ONE round shape.

Back