Chad Mendes Latest Quote Doesn't Make Mathematical Sense

This thread + Connors balls = TS still sucks.

That's some math.

I really thought this conversation would stop being had, but it isn't. Please, everyone get it out of your system. They will fight again. Relax.

We're not the same poster, bro.

You must be, you're both posting the same horseshit back and forth.

Mendes had more than enough time to train for this fight, he's not some out of shape couch potato stepping into the gym the first time.

He's a pro athlete

Connor can't wrestle. Say what you will about gas tanks and camp length and all that shit. Conner couldn't stop a Mendes takedown to save his life.

If you honestly don't think that the rematch is a toss-up at best, you're probably retarded.

except he stopped three
try again

You must be, you're both posting the same horseshit back and forth.

Mendes had more than enough time to train for this fight, he's not some out of shape couch potato stepping into the gym the first time.

He's a pro athlete

We're not debating whether Mendes is a pro, or not. Mendes had to prepare for a 5-round fight against McGregor.

A short camp is not going to cut it to fight 5 rounds against someone like McGregor.

Mathematically calculating something as variable as cardio doesn't make sense.

except he stopped three
try again

And please let me add that he only had 2 weeks to work on that tdd. Cause Aldo wasn't gonna take him down and he is nowhere near the wressler Chad is. People say Chad got wrecked because he had a short training camp yet they don't tell how Conor had only a few days to adjust to a totally different fighter with a whole different arsenal of weapons. Truth is that they were both pretty even coming to that fight.

Risk vs Benefit. He thought he could beat McGregor on 2 weeks notice and paid the price.

I'm sure he still made a ton of money. I doubt he expected to win so much as he figured it was a possibility he'd win

And please let me add that he only had 2 weeks to work on that tdd. Cause Aldo wasn't gonna take him down and he is nowhere near the wressler Chad is. People say Chad lgot wrecked because he had a short training camp yet they don't tell how Conor had only a few days to adjust to a totally different fighter with a whole different arsenal of weapons. Truth is that they were both pretty even coming to that fight.

This is why McGregor is favorite against Aldo.

You do know that he injured his foot on the first day of training, right? He couldn't push to hard and even took some days off. You can see him trying to hide his limp when the cameras were on him.

A fairer estimate of Chad's prep time would be 1 week and that's just not enough for even three rounds when a title is on the line.

I agree to a certain degree, but if Chad could've kept the pace he had up for even just one more round, who knows what would have happened. I think the fight would've more or less looked the same regardless though, but like I said.... WHO KNOWS!

And please let me add that he only had 2 weeks to work on that tdd. Cause Aldo wasn't gonna take him down and he is nowhere near the wressler Chad is. People say Chad got wrecked because he had a short training camp yet they don't tell how Conor had only a few days to adjust to a totally different fighter with a whole different arsenal of weapons. Truth is that they were both pretty even coming to that fight.

This is ridiculous. Yes, they both had 2 weeks to prepare for each other's styles, but McGregor had months of prep time to train and peak on that specific day. Mendes had 2 weeks to do so.

They're both magnificent athletes, but at the level they're at, 2 weeks is nowhere near enough time to condition and peak for a TS, let alone a 5-rounder.

That Mendes won the first round is a testament to his skills "on the fly." He's McGregor's worst stylistic match-up, but his lack of cardio was his biggest shortcoming in the fight. This is notable as he's never gassed in any previous fight.

With the benefit of a full camp training for each other, I think the rematch would be a pick 'em fight.

Last edited:
TS is going to be hired by sherdog to do theoretical MMA math.

Back