Chad Mendes Latest Quote Doesn't Make Mathematical Sense

George Jetson is easily one of the worst posters on sherdog right now

It's called, "Meat-head Math." Chad has a PhD in it.

What? In the fight. That they had. Where Mendes took him down easily in both rounds. You saw that, right?

I think you should check the statistics. Completing 4 of 7 takedowns is hardly what I'd call not being able to stop a takedown to save his life.

Conner couldn't stop a Mendes takedown to save his life.

Didnt he stop a few with a bum knee? I think he did. Then he knocked him out in 2 rounds.

Move on, Chad got owned. Shit happens.

chad gassed because hes never dealt with that kind of pressure before. its how nick diaz tired out his opponents.

Nerds using math to diss a professional athlete.

laughter.gif

i don't think chad's cardio is/was that shitty during the fight. i think conor got in his head and he had an adrenaline dump. chad with a full camp would still have an adrenaline dump and do something stupid like try a weak shit guillotine when conor showed he has no defense from his guard other than eating punches with his face

TS, do you workout? Anyone who has ever started a workout plan knows that it takes 2-3 weeks to even get your body primed and ready to go...everyone who has ever taken time off from the gym knows this...it takes a while just to get conditioned. It takes 2-3 weeks just to get ready to train hard.

I think you should check the statistics. Completing 4 of 7 takedowns is hardly what I'd call not being able to stop a takedown to save his life.

I think you should watch the fight lol. Mendes, like any high caliber fighter, uses takedown attempts as an offensive tool while looking to strike. And as a high level wrestler, uses one takedown attempt to set up another.

When Mendes wanted McGregor down, he got him down. Show me a gif of McGregor doing anything that looked like good wrestling.

Mathematically, Aldo is ducking Conor.

Statistically speaking, McGregor will have a major psychological advantage over Aldo because everyone said McGregor had never faced a wrestler.

Well, McGregor faced a wrestler on short-notice, and won.

Aldo is not a wrestler, although he has good take-down defense.

McGregor is great at range, and getting in, and out.

McGregor essentially has two camps to prepare for Aldo, but gained some experience against a wrestler in between camps, and this is the same wrestler that gave Aldo the beating of his life.

So, statistically speaking, McGregor is the favorite going into this fight with Aldo, even though Aldo has been the long time reigning champ.

Aldo even brought in people to mimic what McGregor does in a fight, but what if McGregor changes his fight plan when fighting Aldo? Aldo will have to display fight IQ, and adjust accordingly. Fight IQ is not Aldo's strong point because Mendes tagged him really good in their fight.

Clear favorite to win for me is McGregor. Mendes might be the only hope to beat McGregor now. Aldo is going to lose to McGregor.

So we have proved that Chad Mendes' camps do not have a linear relationship with how great of shape he is in. Goddamn it I can finally sleep.

So we have proved that Chad Mendes' camps do not have a linear relationship with how great of shape he is in. Goddamn it I can finally sleep.

This is correct. In fact, I think Mendes' shape, and his camps have an inverse relation, that is, the better, more muscular, and ripped Mendes looks, the less fighting shape he is in.

The less muscular he looks, the greater fighting shape he is in.

Mathematically, how the fuck would one even calculate that shit....

You would use growth rates and examine best case, worst case, and average case scenarios to describe a fight camp.

Fight camps are about growing as a fighter to prepare for your opponent.

All training, essentially is about growing as a fighter, but fight camps prepare you to grow for a particular fighter. Hence, you use growth rates. You can further use Big O notation, Big Omega notation, or Big Theta notation to further classify the growth rates of a fight camp .

This is correct. In fact, I think Mendes' shape, and his camps have an inverse relation, that is, the better, more muscular, and ripped Mendes looks, the less fighting shape he is in.

The less muscular he looks, the greater fighting shape he is in.

giphy.gif

I just realized, MATT DAMON and George Jetson are the same poster!

Back