Chad Mendes Latest Quote Doesn't Make Mathematical Sense

do you know what exponents are?

do you know what exponential growth is, dummy?

go back to math class and stop posting on sherdog.

Oh okay, so exponential growth explains why your loverboy Chad wasn't even in 1 round shape despite 3 weeks of training camp PLUS being in darn good shape to begin with.

Nice try you goof, but you FAIL.

Go sniff Chad's ass now BOY. :D

Chad's acting like a whining child but I do technically agree with what he is saying. Regardless of McGregor's skills, his body shots, his style, etc., you can't watch that fight and then watch Mendes/Aldo 2 or Mendes/Lamas or really any of his past 5 or so fights and say "yeah looks like the same guy". Chad seemed to know right away that he didn't have the gas tank to move the way he normally does. Unless you truly believe that with one spinning back kick, McGregor zapped this world-class athlete of all his energy :rolleyes:

Acknowledging that Mendes was far from 100% does not = hating McGregor. McGregor's striking was awesome. But if you think a fight between McGregor and the Mendes that fought Aldo would go the same as UFC189 then you are nuts.

P.S. McGregor is my favorite fighter

To be honest, it wasn't one strike to Chad's body. There were shit loads in the first, and then a huge spinning kick early in the second. Chad had his body blasted, but you are right... only Conor and Mendes know what really happened. But it would be crazy to think that Chad only had 4 minutes of cardio without a huge camp.

Oh well, I guess Mendes fans have to admit he is a true professional and doesn't stay in shape enough to have one round of cardio.

I figured the reason he gassed out so quickly was due to the fact Conor landed some pretty decent shots to the body early in the fight that seemed to hurt Chad. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

This is so played out, he's very bitter about getting wrecked by Conor. He will look very silly if Frankie beats his ass, he should stfu and focus on Frankie cause he can definitely lose that fight if he doesn't focus 100 percent.

Yep, seems like Mendes is already looking past Frankie and focusing on a rematch with McGregor.

Chad's latest quote:

Please tell me something.

Chad was already visibly tired at the end of the 1st round.

How can an 8 week full fight camp make him ready for 5 rounds but a 3 week camp (nearly half that time) leaves him unable to even have cardio for 1 full round?

Mathematically that doesn't add up. Mathematically it adds up to a pile o' shit.

I call bullshit. If you can't go even 1 round then it wasn't your fucken camp that caused it.

Methinks Conor simply drained Chad's energy via body strikes AND forcing him to work using maximum strength just to hold him down.

It was a combo of those 2 things that led to Chad's cardio abandoning him. Not no fucken short camp.

Conor's wrestling still sucks and he needs to ditch John Kavanagh but he'll easily beat Chad in a rematch.

Discuss.

Chad was not gassed or that tired after round 1, he was till able to have his best round in the 2nd. And you're exaggerated the numbers to try and prove your point. He accepted the fight 2 weeks out, he trained for 1 week and the last week is media and basic prep.

Stop kidding yourself, he was not ready to go 5 rounds and pretty much the reason why he got tired was the short camp. The body work Conor did may have had a effect. People think that either the body shots gassed Chad or it was the short camp. What you guys need to understand is that only getting ready for 2 weeks doesnt get Chad in the shape not only to fight a full strength, but also absorb those kind of shots better. Absorbing damage drains a fighter, only have 2 weeks makes that effect much worse.

So yes it was the short camp. He wasnt in the shape to go 5 rounds at this usual pace and he wasnt ready to absorb the damage either, its really one in the same thing. Fight is shape is being ready for everything.

Last edited:
Hmm, if TS is right, maybe Mendes should retire from being a professional mathematician and become an MMA fighter or something instead.

In related news, Mendes said Aldo "hits ten times harder" than Conor! Is this literally true? Our news team investigates at 11.

I hope Mendes never fights Conner again and has to live with the defeat forever

In related news, Mendes said Aldo "hits ten times harder" than Conor! Is this literally true? Our news team investigates at 11.

Nice try buddy boy.

But you're only confirming that Chad is talking shit and that his cardio excuse (just like his Aldo 'power' comments) is nothing but anti-Conor shit talk to help soothe the butthurt that Conor served him last July.

In other words, you just confirmed the whole point I was originally making -- that Chad is so butthurt about his loss to Conor that he's obsessed with talking shit to soothe his butthurt.

Thank you sir. :)

Chad's latest quote:

How can an 8 week full fight camp make him ready for 5 rounds but a 3 week camp (nearly half that time) leaves him unable to even have cardio for 1 full round?

Mathematically that doesn't add up. Mathematically it adds up to a pile o' shit.

I call bullshit. If you can't go even 1 round then it wasn't your fucken camp that caused it.

Methinks Conor simply drained Chad's energy via body strikes AND forcing him to work using maximum strength just to hold him down.

It was a combo of those 2 things that led to Chad's cardio abandoning him. Not no fucken short camp.

Conor's wrestling still sucks and he needs to ditch John Kavanagh but he'll easily beat Chad in a rematch.

Discuss.

Going in with a short camp he had at least a 66 2/3% chance of winning

Nice try buddy boy.

But you're only confirming that Chad is talking shit and that his cardio excuse (just like his Aldo 'power' comments) is nothing but anti-Conor shit talk to help soothe the butthurt that Conor served him last July.

In other words, you just confirmed the whole point I was originally making -- that Chad is so butthurt about his loss to Conor that he's obsessed with talking shit to soothe his butthurt.

Thank you sir. :)
fight mma then you will understand why 2 weeks is not enough for cardio unless you have the frankie edgar cardio.

I think the weight cut was tougher on him than normal, he also may have been more nervous due to lack of preparation, either of which can make a 5 round fighter wilt after just one round.

Chad's latest quote:

Discuss.

Mathematically, Chad went almost 3 rounds.

Mathematically, Chad won the first two rounds and was almost finished winning the third.

Mathematically, Chad gave up position in the third trying to finish a fight that he was winning, very likely because he was worried he couldn't last two more rounds.

Mathematically, if Chad had felt he was in shape to fight for two more rounds, he probably wouldn't have given away the third round, and the fight, trying to finish.

Mathematically, if he had maintained position and won the third, and if he'd been well enough in shape just to stay alive for the remainder of the fight, he'd have been up 3 rounds to zero and, with only two rounds remaining, well on his way to winning the fight.

Mathematically.

Connor can't wrestle. Say what you will about gas tanks and camp length and all that shit. Conner couldn't stop a Mendes takedown to save his life.

If you honestly don't think that the rematch is a toss-up at best, you're probably retarded.

Mendes couldn't stop Conners punches to save his consciousness

Mathematically, Chad went almost 3 rounds.

Mathematically, Chad won the first two rounds and was almost finished winning the third.

Mathematically, Chad gave up position in the third trying to finish a fight that he was winning, very likely because he was worried he couldn't last two more rounds.

Mathematically, if Chad had felt he was in shape to fight for two more rounds, he probably wouldn't have given away the third round, and the fight, trying to finish.

Mathematically, if he had maintained position and won the third, and if he'd been well enough in shape just to stay alive for the remainder of the fight, he'd have been up 3 rounds to zero and, with only two rounds remaining, well on his way to winning the fight.

Mathematically.

He was knocked out in the 2nd round, dumb ass

Have you ever trained before? Cardio builds up over time and yeah that extra five weeks of training would make a HUGE difference when you account for the fact he also had to cut all that weight in a short amount of time and couldn't do it progressively like most fighers. Anyone who thinks his cardio wouldn't be way better is a Conor nuthugger.

Not sure if it was posted yet, but this thread needs more Scott Steiner.

[YT]WFoC3TR5rzI[/YT]

Because cardio is very special. The idea is that you don't go to your max and burn yourself out because you hit the limit too heavily, if you stay below a certain degree of intensity the body can recover efficiently and make you last for quite some times. You should try it, fatty/anorexic.

Back