Chad Mendes: Frankie Edgar's camp didn't want to fight me

Well if anything after the fight is over he will probably wish he took the Holloway fight i just cant see Chad winning this.
Frankie to light on his feet Gas tank too good he durable, he beats Chad on the feet and i think he can out wrestle him too and hes way better in scrambles Chads fucked,But Frankie is the only one who could do that to Chad,Chad beats everyone easily not named Conor,Aldo,Frankie

Yup, Chad's only advantage is power in his hands. Frankie is better or equally good everywhere else.

I've been saying for years that this is the last fight Edgar wanted. Of course this doesn't mean he can't win, but it's a match up that gives him severe problems.

Edgar does not have wrestling on the level of Mendes, and it's going to make it very interesting.

Edgar's ground game is more dangerous than Mendes. Mendes has that blast double, but then he's just a blanket.

The Mendes that showed up for Aldo in the rematch, should not lose to an older Frankie.

Yeah mendes, Edgar didn't want to fight you cause your coming off a loss. Your at the bottom of the totem pole.

Edgar does not have wrestling on the level of Mendes, and it's going to make it very interesting.

He does not have the same wrestling credentials but his mma wrestling is phenomenal. The stats would favor Mendes but Mendes hasn't faced remotely the competition that Edgar has faced. Edgar has faced and taken down much better wrestlers in Maynard, Bendo and BJ and they were all LW's bigger than him as well. Faber is another one he took down quite a few times. The common opponent between them is Aldo and Aldo pretty much stuffed both of them with ease. Let's see if Mendes keeps his 100% TDD against somebody like Edgar but i highly doubt it.

Last edited:
Yup, Chad's only advantage is power in his hands. Frankie is better or equally good everywhere else.

Wrestling is quite even, but let's not act like Frankie is some technical marvel on the feet. He's not. He's a good stick-and-move guy but Mendes is just as fast and has more dangerous hands.

Wrestling is quite even, but let's not act like Frankie is some technical marvel on the feet. He's not. He's a good stick-and-move guy but Mendes is just as fast and has more dangerous hands.

lol no their speed isn't even remotely close. Edgar is much faster and his boxing and footwork is much better. Mendes has more power for sure. Edgar has better kicks as well. They both have iron chins/recovery. Edgar's cardio is probably the best in mma while Mendes is average. And while Mendes turtled up and gave up against Conor even when he was ahead on the scorecards, Edgar has no give up in him and he has shown that multiple times. This fight is not in Mendes's favor.

lol no their speed isn't even remotely close. Edgar is much faster and his boxing and footwork is much better. Mendes has more power for sure. Edgar has better kicks as well. They both have iron chins/recovery. Edgar's cardio is probably the best in mma while Mendes is average. And while Mendes turtled up and gave up against Conor even when he was ahead on the scorecards, Edgar has no give up in him and he has shown that multiple times. This fight is not in Mendes's favor.
You're ignorant, kid. Mendes is ridiculously quick. You could barely even tell he hit Lamas in their fight it was so damn quick. Better kicks? Mendes went kick-for-kick with Aldo.

Mendes didn't even know for sure if he was fighting until basically a week out.

Honestly, it really is. I see him presenting the same problems as a prime Maynard.

You're ignorant, kid. Mendes is ridiculously quick. You could barely even tell he hit Lamas in their fight it was so damn quick. Better kicks? Mendes went kick-for-kick with Aldo.

Mendes didn't even know for sure if he was fighting until basically a week out.

Honestly, it really is. I see him presenting the same problems as a prime Maynard.

You need to get your eyes checked if you think Mendes is as fast as Edgar. One fast punch doesn't equate to being faster than Edgar dummy. And what does not knowing a week out before fighting has to do with this discussion? are you gonna claim that his cardio is close to Edgars or his heart? You are a stupid poster and you've proven it once again. Go back to Fedor bashing you ignorant prick.

You need to get your eyes checked if you think Mendes is as fast as Edgar. One fast punch doesn't equate to being faster than Edgar dummy. And what does not knowing a week out before fighting has to do with this discussion? are you gonna claim that his cardio is close to Edgars or his heart? You are a stupid poster and you've proven it once again. Go back to Fedor bashing you ignorant prick.

Look at you all hurt. Fucking pathetic.

It's called citing an example. It's relevant because that's the primary reason as to why Mendes gassed so hard against McGregor. You've got a hard on for Frankie and it's hilarious. What will your excuse be when Mendes beats him?

Look at you all hurt. Fucking pathetic.

It's called citing an example. It's relevant because that's the primary reason as to why Mendes gassed so hard against McGregor. You've got a hard on for Frankie and it's hilarious. What will your excuse be when Mendes beats him?

You are too dumb for any meaningful discussion. Edgar's cardio is greater than Mendes no matter how you look at it. I never specifically stated that one fight for Mendes's cardio being weaker than Edgar. You are making yourself look really stupid here :icon_chee

This is all you are left with "What will your excuse be when Mendes beats him?" hahah what a pathetic fool. There won't be any excuse, i'll admit I was wrong. But I am pretty sure Edgar being the better fighter will come out as the winner. Btw signature or av bet anytime if you want.

Edgar's ground game is more dangerous than Mendes. Mendes has that blast double, but then he's just a blanket.

I think this is true for the most part, but Mendes surly has stronger GnP, and has no problems passing and going for submissions when he wants to.

Anyway, I don't see Edgar's ground game being a factor at all in this fight, and something many fans need to take a hard look at when trying to handicap. He won't be able to get Mendes down, and if he does, he will not be able to keep him there.

This is unlike anyone Edgar has ever fought in his career. His usual recipe isn't going to work. The last time this occurred, he lost.

He does not have the same wrestling credentials but his mma wrestling is phenomenal. The stats would favor Mendes but Mendes hasn't faced remotely the competition that Edgar has faced. Edgar has faced and taken down much better wrestlers in Maynard, Bendo and BJ and they were all LW's bigger than him as well. Faber is another one he took down quite a few times. The common opponent between them is Aldo and Aldo pretty much stuffed both of them with ease. Let's see if Mendes keeps his 100% TDD against somebody like Edgar but i highly doubt it.

Let me start by making it very clear. Edgar has fantastic wrestling in this sport.

I for one sure as hell didn't consider either Bendo or BJ to have wrestling on the level of Edgar. Maynard? pretty close but still considered Edgar to have the advantage. Faber? Not slightly close.

Mendes is a completely different story than any of them, and by a significant margin.

As far as Aldo goes?

Edgar got absolutely nowhere with Aldo. His biggest moment of the fight was 1 TD that last .5 seconds. Mendes however had success a number of times but simply couldn't capitalize because Aldo is so good.

I think this is true for the most part, but Mendes surly has stronger GnP, and has no problems passing and going for submissions when he wants to.

Anyway, I don't see Edgar's ground game being a factor at all in this fight, and something many fans need to take a hard look at when trying to handicap. He won't be able to get Mendes down, and if he does, he will not be able to keep him there.

This is unlike anyone Edgar has ever fought in his career. His usual recipe isn't going to work. The last time this occurred, he lost.

This would be more true if you flipped it around and said Edgar is unlike anyone Mendes has fought before.

Edgar has more high level experience than Mendes. Edgar has a skill set that Mendes hasn't faced before.

lol Chad... Frankie was just doing you a favor. Didn't want him to get cut after losing 3 in a row.

Do people forget that Chad destroyed Lamas in April lol I've seen a couple responses from people saying Chad is on a losing streak, he lost his last fight that's it. I still think Frankie wins

Chad had his shot and he lost. Now he's whining about people being scared. Edgar wants to fight the two fighters that whooped your arse. How is that scared?

Edgar deserves a title shot next. Chad got a title shot over Edgar and got beat by McGregor.

There is a big difference between wanting to fight someone with a title and someone without.

Fighting Aldo/McGregor is a big opportunity cuz they have titles.

Fighting Mendes is a dangerous fight that doesn't have the reward you want since you are already the top contender for the title.

You should have known this already.

This is the perfect fight....if Edgar was climbing back from a loss.

He isnt, he's likely the next contender in line, so why take a super tough fight just before the big money shot?

....and in the end, he took it anyways.

Shows you his fighter spirit once again.

f2f.gif

Back