Chad Mendes: Frankie Edgar's camp didn't want to fight me

Let me start by making it very clear. Edgar has fantastic wrestling in this sport.

I for one sure as hell didn't consider either Bendo or BJ to have wrestling on the level of Edgar. Maynard? pretty close but still considered Edgar to have the advantage. Faber? Not slightly close.

Mendes is a completely different story than any of them, and by a significant margin.

As far as Aldo goes?

Edgar got absolutely nowhere with Aldo. His biggest moment of the fight was 1 TD that last .5 seconds. Mendes however had success a number of times but simply couldn't capitalize because Aldo is so good.

I was not comparing Bendo, BJ or Maynard's wrestling to Chad's. I was merely stating the wrestlers both Edgar and Mendes have faced and had success with, to conclude that Edgar's mma wrestling has been proven against much stiffer competition as opposed to Mendes.

As for their fights against Aldo, I am not sure why you say Mendes had more success against Aldo because he did not. As far as I remember he had 1 TD in each of his fights against Aldo and he didn't do anything with those at all. He was stuffed for tons and tons of TD attempts. Edgar also had like 1 or 2 TD's and he didn't do much with those either as far as I can remember and got stuffed for most his attempts. Neither of them had any success with wrestling really and saying that Mendes had more success is not true at all.

Back