Chad Mendes: Frankie Edgar's camp didn't want to fight me

Look at you all hurt. Fucking pathetic.

It's called citing an example. It's relevant because that's the primary reason as to why Mendes gassed so hard against McGregor. You've got a hard on for Frankie and it's hilarious. What will your excuse be when Mendes beats him?

hahahaha, what is your excuse now, early stoppage? just got caught?

Well if anything after the fight is over he will probably wish he took the Holloway fight i just cant see Chad winning this.
Frankie to light on his feet Gas tank too good he durable, he beats Chad on the feet and i think he can out wrestle him too and hes way better in scrambles Chads fucked,But Frankie is the only one who could do that to Chad,Chad beats everyone easily not named Conor,Aldo,Frankie

Last edited:
hahahaha, what is your excuse now, early stoppage? just got caught?

Nope. I can eat my crow. I thought Mendes would give him a much harder fight but Edgar proved to be better when exchanging in the pocket. Great win for Frankie and a pretty shocking KO.

Edgar is knocking on a title shot door and he's gotta fight another dangerous contender.

No shit he didn't want the fight, this is a good fight, but Edgar vs. Max was the one to make at this time

lol totally forgot about this.

Chad was stupid to say a former LW champ was ducking his ass.

wow....

Chad is acting wack.

giphy.gif

446.gif

I love a good thread bump. But my god, I can only imagine the amount of bumps that are going to occur after tomorrow.

Edgar is knocking on a title shot door and he's gotta fight another dangerous contender.

No shit he didn't want the fight, this is a good fight, but Edgar vs. Max was the one to make at this time
Yep. Frankie vs Max was the obvious #1 contender fight.

I'm excited for this fight, but it doesn't really make sense. Mendes doesn't deserve it. Not sure why they aren't doing the Holloway fight. Maybe they figure if Conor wins Aldo will get a rematch, so they want to save Holloway?

Brutal bump, but redhawks took his crow like a man.

If I was Edgar, I wouldn't want to fight someone on a 2 fight losing streak either. I'd rather fight Holloway.

Nope. I can eat my crow. I thought Mendes would give him a much harder fight but Edgar proved to be better when exchanging in the pocket. Great win for Frankie and a pretty shocking KO.

Frankie's hand speed and head movement made Chad look so slow. I was pulling for Frankie but I honestly didn't think the fight would end like it did.

Conor has knocked Mendes silly.

Making excuses for his Conor loss, crapping all over Edgar. Trying to lose what fans he may have.

tbh I never expected the ko either, I thought he'd win a decision. Cheers for eating crow like a man.

Frankie's hand speed and head movement made Chad look so slow. I was pulling for Frankie but I honestly didn't think the fight would end like it did.

Yeah it wasn't even debatable that Frankie is way faster then Mendes. He looked to be twice as fast as Mendes overall but Mendes had some very quick and powerful leg kicks.

Yeah it wasn't even debatable that Frankie is way faster then Mendes. He looked to be twice as fast as Mendes overall but Mendes had some very quick and powerful leg kicks.

I knew he was faster..... But I didn't think it would be that drastic. Mendes did deliver some hard kicks. Had me worried for a bit.

Also, he said Clay Guida and Nik Lentz would easily win against McGregor. Okay Chad.

Nah. Holloway has never fought Aldo, Edgar and Mendes both have and lost decisively. Its better for them to fight each other and eliminate at least one rematch. Especially since they both were competing for the second best FW spot before Conor showed up. Should be a great fight.

Chad had his shot and he lost. Now he's whining about people being scared. Edgar wants to fight the two fighters that whooped your arse. How is that scared?

Edgar deserves a title shot next. Chad got a title shot over Edgar and got beat by McGregor.

Edgars manager doesn't want Edgar to fight the most dangerous available opponent when he's all but at the title shot? no shit.

Lol at fat guy claiming Edgar is scared.

Nah. Holloway has never fought Aldo, Edgar and Mendes both have and lost decisively. Its better for them to fight each other and eliminate at least one rematch. Especially since they both were competing for the second best FW spot before Conor showed up. Should be a great fight.

Eliminate one rematch? chads had his rematch and a shot at the interim. You can bet your ass if Chad wins he's not getting the next title shot. The only thing they're trying to do is keep Frankie away from the belt by putting him up against his biggest threat. Max would.

i wouldn't want it right now either, it makes very little sense for Frankie.

If Frankie somehow lost to Max or Stephens, he could always fight Mendes to get right back up there. If he loses to Mendes, now both are basically in no man's land once again except that Mendes could sell a rematch with Conor more than Edgar. Who's Edgar going to fight if he loses? This is probably the most important that Frankie has ever had. It's going to be much better for the fans if Frankie wins, but probably better for the UFC if he loses (due to their obsession with rematches).

I still think the Stevens fight was the fight to make. Stevens isn't the greatest style match for Edgar, but would most likely lose. That secures frankies long earned title shot and gives Stevens a boost. Mendes doesn't need to fight Frankie, his spot in the rankings is secure. He just wants the rematch with Conor as fast as possible.

Holloway could have fought Mendes in the mean time. I think the Frankie / Mendes fight was a poor choice for the division. The other combinations wouldn't have really hurt someone nearly as bad as Frankie or Mendes losing now. Mendes is probably going to lose, but then what? Make him fight Holloway? One of these guys has to play gatekeeper.

As much BS Chad is spouting lately I hope he wins.

Back