Chad Mendes: Frankie Edgar's camp didn't want to fight me

Eliminate one rematch? chads had his rematch and a shot at the interim. You can bet your ass if Chad wins he's not getting the next title shot. The only thing they're trying to do is keep Frankie away from the belt by putting him up against his biggest threat. Max would.

Both guys have already fought for the title and lost. There's nothing at stake here other than another rematch. Damn right Frankie should fight his biggest threat. Other guys have had the balls to.

Edgar is the best FW in the world IMO, the man has earned a title shot

Edgar has been sitting around waiting to get one of the champs, Chad. You've gotten 2 title shots in your last 3. Frankie's record of opponents says he's not afraid of anyone.

Some one sit him down and tell him to stop, fuck

this is looking a lot like edgar vs maynard

wrestling mostly cancels
mendes has a huge power advantage
edgar has a speed advantage
edgar has a cardio advantage

where i see this as different is that mendes has more power and worse cardio than maynard. mendes better get this done in the first 2 rounds imo

edgar wasnt able to push a pace well vs aldo. he was active but he just couldnt impose his game on aldo and make him work as much as he needed to. i dont think mendes will be able to control the pace as well as aldo did and fade. just like i dont think aldo will be able to control the pace vs conor as well as he did vs edgar and fade

i think people underestimate how much of an issue cardio is in a 5 round fight with both mendes and aldo. both those guys have below average cardio for the division. it just that both guys are such beasts that almost nobody can force a pace on them. i think in the whole division edgars style is the most capable of pushing a pace on mendes. and of the whole division i think conors style is most capable of pushing a pace on aldo

i actually have edgar as a tiny favorite. dont get me wrong im not confident he can survive the first 2 rounds or win the first 3 though

Jesus. Losing to Conor really does things to people I guess.

Jesus. Losing to Conor really does things to people I guess.

Losing in general has done something to him. He's become an excuse making machine for a fight he accepted on short notice. He obviously didn't think that through because the cash was too lucrative. The only thing I can gather is he didn't think there was a possibility he would lose? He needs to stick to training, give tactful short answers, and come back and win in convincing fashion to silence his detractors. He's only making it worse running his mouth.

I'm not really crazy about this matchup, either. There's no upside for Edgar at this point. The only fight that made sense was Max. The UFC matchups for the title picture are getting sketchier and sketchier in recent years. I just don't understand some of them.

Losing in general has done something to him. He's become an excuse making machine for a fight he accepted on short notice. He obviously didn't think that through because the cash was too lucrative. The only thing I can gather is he didn't think there was a possibility he would lose? He needs to stick to training, give tactful short answers, and come back and win in convincing fashion to silence his detractors. He's only making it worse running his mouth.

I agree. I think he genuinely believed he'd be able to beat Conor, with Aldo he knew he was going against the best, but this loss seems to have hit him hard. He NEEDS to beat Edgar. If not he's gonna go on a downward slope.

Took a while but the typical team beta fail douchebaggery has finally popped out of mini mendes. His soul must hurt knowing he will never be elite with Aldo/Connor around

lol Chad... Frankie was just doing you a favor. Didn't want him to get cut after losing 3 in a row.

I really hope he loses and blames his cardio. That would be hilarious.

Either way this fight needed to happen. They couldn't avoid each other forever.

Both guys have already fought for the title and lost. There's nothing at stake here other than another rematch. Damn right Frankie should fight his biggest threat. Other guys have had the balls to.

Are you saying that Mendes will get a rematch if he wins? because I'm saying that he won't get a rematch if he wins. Are you refuting that?

Why should Frankie Edgar fight someone coming off of a loss?

giphy.gif

446.gif

542.gif

Back