Chad Mendes: Frankie Edgar's camp didn't want to fight me

Are you saying that Mendes will get a rematch if he wins? because I'm saying that he won't get a rematch if he wins. Are you refuting that?

If Mendes beats Edgar and Aldo wins, why wouldn't he? He's given Aldo the toughest fight so far.

I have no idea what you're even getting at. The title fight is booked and we have the two next toughest guys in the division fighting each other. Its a great matchup, they can settle who gets future title fights later depending on how the fights play out.

Frankie has been taking safe fights lately. I still think he beats Mendes though.

LOL, and that is only because Frankie and his camp felt that he should fight for the title next. Which he would be doing against someone who destroyed and finished Chad (Aldo or Conor).

Chad had 2 chances against Aldo for the title.
And he had a chance against Conor for the interim title.
He lost all 3 of those fights.

The UFC simply can't win. Even when they make an exciting match people complain. To make it simple for everyone, if Frankie can't beat Chad, then he shouldn't be fighting for a title.

Yep. Frankie vs Max was the obvious #1 contender fight.

I'm excited for this fight, but it doesn't really make sense. Mendes doesn't deserve it. Not sure why they aren't doing the Holloway fight. Maybe they figure if Conor wins Aldo will get a rematch, so they want to save Holloway?

I feel the exact same way. He needs to take a step away from the title picture.

If Mendes beats Edgar and Aldo wins, why wouldn't he? He's given Aldo the toughest fight so far.

I have no idea what you're even getting at. The title fight is booked and we have the two next toughest guys in the division fighting each other. Its a great matchup, they can settle who gets future title fights later depending on how the fights play out.

Not to be a dick, but me asking "do you think Mendes gets a title shot if he beats Edgar?" is in fact me trying to "get at" your opinion on whether or not Mendes would get a title shot with a victory over Edgar.

He's already lost twice, I don't see any reason for him to fight Aldo again

Well the fight doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Chad.

I know Chad looks at Conor & see's how his banter helped his career, but Mendes is not good at it & needs to be quiet.

LOL @ Frankie for trying to duck Chad. He wants NOTHING to do with this fight because he KNOWS he's losing that fight, and losing it BADLY. Chad is going to put a hurting on him and I can't wait to see Edgar KTFO in a bloody mess.

LOL @ Frankie for trying to duck Chad. He wants NOTHING to do with this fight because he KNOWS he's losing that fight, and losing it BADLY. Chad is going to put a hurting on him and I can't wait to see Edgar KTFO in a bloody mess.

Were you not exposed?

I know Chad looks at Conor & see's how his banter helped his career, but Mendes is not good at it & needs to be quiet.

Agreed 100%. I was thinking shit I never really noticed how much Mendes squawks before now but he really didn't. Just get back to training and fighting and stop revealing your true self for fuck's sake. It's worse than hearing MacGregor chomp on about heads clean off and all that other drivel.

on another note: 4000!!!!! Now I will get ALL the blowjobs!!!

(shout out to kumail nanjiani)

lmao this fat guy is hilarious. I honestly think this guy is conor's #1 hater. he just cant seem to accept that conor beat KO'd mendes.

While it's hard to imagine a guy being afraid of much of anyone when he spent much of his prime in a division where every single fighter he faced had a substantial size advantage on him, it's also hard to imagine anyone jumping for joy at the prospect of fighting their toughest style match-up in the division at a time when they have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

This message is hidden because SlicerDM is on your ignore list.

Not to be a dick, but me asking "do you think Mendes gets a title shot if he beats Edgar?" is in fact me trying to "get at" your opinion on whether or not Mendes would get a title shot with a victory over Edgar.

Not to be a dick, but what does that question have to do with the thread topic? Why is it relevant? I answered your question but I don't see at all why it matters to this discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back