1.) Chad Mendes
2.) Erik Koch
3.) Chan Sung Jung
4.) Ricardo Lamas
5.) Cub Swanson
6.) Denis Siver

Fixed it better for you

Are you mental?

Korean Zombie is the number one contender, no question about it.

Chael doesnt have a great chin, it's not bad but when has he shown a great chin?

His first fight was in 1997,and he was finished by Silva in july for the first time by strikes. actually it wasnt even a head shot. So i would say he an iron chin.

Winner of Koch and Lamas should get the titleshot both are higher in the division then KZ especially with a win over eachother, and they wont be coming in with ring rust like KZ would be.

His first fight was in 1997,and he was finished by Silva in july for the first time by strikes. actually it wasnt even a head shot. So i would say he an iron chin.

Wtf?

So if you are not knocked out means you have iron chins? That's some negative evidence and inaccurate assumptions. You make a statement you should have cases or examples to back it.

I.e. diego has an iron chin because bj and kampman and ellenverger beat him up bad but he was still standing and going strong.

Mendes can't help one horrible instance of matchmaking and an injury replacement like a week before a fight. It's about the only non-title fight that makes sense for KZ besides Dias, Lamas or maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Siver.

Wtf?

So if you are not knocked out means you have iron chins? That's some negative evidence and inaccurate assumptions. You make a statement you should have cases or examples to back it.

I.e. diego has an iron chin because bj and kampman and ellenverger beat him up bad but he was still standing and going strong.

Nate's flying knee at ufc 109.

I think this guy is trying to pass Balli as the worst poster on sherdog.

But who has he beat in the last couple fights to be deserving a fight against the number one CURRENT contender?
So you want him to fight good fighters just not good fighters named Korean Zombie? Also, KZ is not the number one contender. Frankie Edgar is, and before that it was Erik Koch.

How is it a nuthug if i think mendes cant beat kz? Mendes would have to lnp and it aint happenin
Yea, because it's completely unfeasible that Chad Mendes could outwrestle someone while avoiding submissions. He's never done that before.

But who has he beat in the last couple fights to be deserving a fight against the number one CURRENT contender?

Well he didn't get KTFO by Roop within recent memory, who I might add is not a top contender and is floundering currently.

Yea, because it's completely unfeasible that Chad Mendes could outwrestle someone while avoiding submissions. He's never done that before.

KZ nuthuggers are the best. Somehow since he beat one lower top ten fighter no one ever deserves to fight him and he clearly deserves a title shot.

Of course if Lamas beats Koch his resume will be far more impressive than KZ's but even then they'll still argue KZ deserves the title shot no matter what.

I don't understand what their hurry is? Aldo is a nightmare match up for him. Are they really that desperate to see KZ get brutally Ko'd again?

KZ nuthuggers are the best. Somehow since he beat one lower top ten fighter no one ever deserves to fight him and he clearly deserves a title shot.

Of course if Lamas beats Koch his resume will be far more impressive than KZ's but even then they'll still argue KZ deserves the title shot no matter what.

I don't understand what their hurry is? Aldo is a nightmare match up for him. Are they really that desperate to see KZ get brutally Ko'd again?

thats what you think. I already have a Aldo vs KZ analysis in my past threads, and I'm confident KZ beats Aldo. Aldo taps, breaks, or sleeps.

K KZ will just lay flat on his back and let Mendes lay on him. Thats a convincing idea aint it? Like KZ's ever been laid on before

Despite KZ's reacent streak, Mendes is still ranked significantly higher than him imo.

If anything, Jung doesn't deserve Mendes yet.

I would be fine with Mendes fighting the winner of Brookins/Poirier. Or maybe someone like Garza, or he could step in as a replacement if Koch or Lamas gets injured. Mendes must be in hella shape right now lol, considering he's had two fights in such close chronological proximity, neither of which he even broke a sweat to win lol.

Someday I hope we see Mendes vs Edgar, I'd pick Edgar, but I think that's a really, really exciting fight.

Back