CFB Playoff Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a report posted on Rivals this morning that Harbaugh has been turned down so far by two assistant coaches. If you assume that rumors are true, he also tried to hire NU's new RB coach (who was his RB & TE coach with the 49ers). All three of these coaches have a lengthy history with Harbaugh, so maybe the guy is just really difficult to work under?

he missed on his first choice for oc/dc/strength coach & lead recruiter.

oregon's don't even have their school colors in them at all

Their uniforms' douchiness almost makes me want to root against them.

But I like Mariota and I like these frenzied, open offenses so I hope they take it. They need to stop with those uniforms though. Go old school or fuck off.

This has got to be Captain's cousin, or something:

This could be RTR ATL:

dlhstg.jpg

On the for real for real? At least size it up for me

It has way more to do with how much the game has changed. The offenses that are ran, how much throwing the ball has developed and then add into that the rule changes that greatly favor the offenses. If this was 15-20 years ago Bama would still be in these playoffs. Now that athletes are getting put in space/spread out it has piled on so much pressure for the defensive players/coaches. The hardest thing to do in athletics IMHO is covering a guy one on one and tackling in the open field. There's a reason why when the spread really hit the SEC the defenses have been looking more and more flawed.

This is why I am not one of those fire Mike Stoops guys. When you watch the Baylors, TCU's, and Oregons of the world run their offenses it's scary as shit as a defensive guy. They spread you out and go really fast so your players have little time to react and on top of that the coach in the booth is looking at your alignment and calling the play down. Bam, all within 12-15 seconds of the last play. One missed tackle or alignment and they pick up 20, 30 or a TD.

Saban's not a dummy though that's why he wanted the play clock rule implemented and why he went and got a Kiffin. He's a pro style guy but he runs an explosive offense. Saban knows that he's gonna have to out score some people.

I think Stoops--former defensive coordinator-was one of the first coaches to run the spread when Oklahoma won the NC back in the day.

Saban's defense was the first to really slow down Urban Meyer's offense at Florida. The main way to counter Saban's defense is to develop more of a vertical passing game especially with some play action. As a Buckeye fan, I saw the offense improve with Barrett and Jones b/c they can throw the ball down the field better than Miller

Report: Notre Dame QB Everett Golson "reached out to LSU

Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson is reportedly interested in transferring for his final season.

According to NOLA.com, Golson “reached out to LSU” about a potential transfer for after he graduates in May. Golson and the Fighting Irish beat LSU in the Music City Bowl last week, but the redshirt junior largely took a back seat to redshirt freshman Malik Zaire throughout the game.

Since the SEC no longer restricts the addition of graduate transfers, Golson could be immediately eligible to compete for the Tigers in 2015.

Read more:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ett-golson--reached-out-to-lsu-200801827.html

Only way Oregon loses is if Mariota catches dicks-for-hands-itis from FSU

Can't afford plat, just spent 3.99 unlocking the sniper boost in NHL15

Money well spent, imo.

hNNbPPQ.gif

Last edited:
Oregon's uni's inspired by Phil Knight's G650

G650-Nike.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back